Print

Author Topic: Why are you people so biased...?  (Read 2080 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 09, 2002, 06:36:05 AM »
Why can't we just except all of the videogame consoles as being good? There is no company that is better or worse - they all simply have different styles. People who buy the games have different preferences, so obviously not everyone will prefer Nintendo games only.

You need variety in the videogame industry. That's what Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo realize - and that's why they are endorsing and marketing their systems to different types of people, both young and old.

In my opinion, I like the Xbox and Nintendo GameCube the best - but of course that's just my preference. You have the right to like any videogame system you want to... We shouldn't need to be confined to simply one demographic.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 10/9/2002 5:38:40 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 11:35:24 PM »
Well, I suppose you're right, but...
NINTENDO IS THE BEST!!! :-)
I can't help being biased. It's just like how I like Windows SO MUCH more than Macintosh.
Oh... and Nintendo isn't trying to take all the business from the other two companies. That's what I don't like about Sony, especially. But XBox just makes me mad because they say they've got way better hardware AND games than they actually do, and GAH, those commercials.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 08:44:56 AM »
You said it, Mario Maniac! What would 15 year olds play if there was no Xbox or PS2? What would 11 year olds play if there was no GCN? People of all ages enjoy video games, not just kids.

I am FLUDD, the Flash liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance

Edited by - FLUDD on 10/10/2002 7:46:05 AM
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2002, 10:15:54 PM »
Are you saying I'm too old for GameCube, the most well-rounded system of all? I know this over 50 year old guy with a GCN,and he's got lotsa stuff, from Luigi's Mansion to Resident Evil.

That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2002, 10:26:56 PM »
No, you're not too old. My mistake. Gamecube is the most well rounded. In the current game library I see games from Eternal Darkness to Animal Crossing. PS2 has all genres covered but they lack in 11- games. Xbox-well, sports, racing, and FPS don't fall into my category of "well-rounded."

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2002, 05:34:00 AM »
You missed my point. These 3 competitors (Microsoft Xbox, Sony PS2, Nintendo GameCube) are being liked by all kinds of different people with different tastes in gaming - no matter what their age or preference is...

So can't we just accept the gaming consoles for what they are and QUIT bashing them due to their popularity or sales numbers?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2002, 07:43:05 PM »
For reasons beyond just games and genres and sales and stuff... their actual motives.

That was a joke.

Print