Yes
4 (30.8%)
No
0 (0%)
Somewhat
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Print

Author Topic: An Even More Unsettling Discovery  (Read 23018 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:20 AM »
Ops I been found out.
Let's see...
After giving up on Christanity, I realized that no sources other than the Bible confirm that homosexuals are evil. And since I no longer beleive in the Bible, I no longer beleive that homosexuals are evil. Funny how religion can totally screw people up.
Also, I was some stupid 12-year-old back then with no common sense whatsoever.

There are a lot of other IRL reasons as to why I was extremely immature, but I won't start talking about those.
Welp, I'm convinced then. =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
As an educated Christian, I can't let this stand as "truth." Rather than saying "homosexuals are evil," it says "lying with another man is detestable." Of course, premarital intercourse is seen in the exact same light. Speaking of which, punishments for any crime were grave under the old covenant.

The New Testament mentions homosexuality approximately 3 times, but not in the context of punishment. Rather, it encourages people to not judge each other (1 Corinthians 6:7-8), as nobody is perfect enough to judge each other.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »
Hold on, hold on. CFMH is the same person as CTOAN? That's...wow.

Now, before we get back on topic, let's get something straight. The Bible specifically condemns homosexuality (doesn't matter what you call it, it means the same thing), and other stuff seen as "abominations", as evil, and lists a whole buncha deadly punishments for them. I used to know the specific sections, but I forget currently. Now, it's easy to brush that off as, "that was then, this is now", but the fact that these sections of the Bible are still there and have not been removed show that these beliefs are officially condoned by the Church, which is one reason why I, personally, quit being a Catholic.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »
Thanks Suffix, the ignorance of Christianity was stifling in here.

EDIT: (I'm not being sarcastic)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:48:40 PM by TEM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »
Glorb, Glorb, Glorb, condemns means to "express strong disapproval of," and like I have previously said, it does not condemn homosexuality, but condemns "lying with another man," which is a clear and obvious euphemism. I encourage you to do some actual research in the Bible.

Here's a specific example (that I referred to earlier) which shows exactly what I'm talking about-- Leviticus 18:22. "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." Note that this is said in the context of 20 other verses ordering the men of the Israelites to not defile themselves with relatives and such ("Do not have relations with your neighbor's wife and defile yourself with her."). People who committed such acts would be "cut off from their people," a particularly grave matter to the tribal Israelites.

EDIT: Ah, I just found what you might have been thinking about. Later on in Leviticus, "punishments for sin" are given to Moses. Somewhat amusingly, the majority involve death. Some of these are for when a man "curses his father or mother," "commits adultery with another man's wife," and yes, "lies with a man as one lies with a woman." Then, what of this "abomination" talk? Celibacy is encouraged throughout the Bible for various reasons; a homosexual man would thus be seen as far more righteous than a man who "curses" his parents.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:45:06 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 06:52:56 AM »
Dear CrzyFlmngMnkyHead,
     I noticed your name on that other hacked forum was BobManPerson. Are you bobman1 a.k.a. bobman Prime?
I am in no way associated with this clown.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:55:09 AM by bobman37 »

TEM

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »
My father, bobman Prime, was a casualty of the Code Wars. bobman37 is the result of the 38th attempt at cloning the super soldier and returning him to his original glory.

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 04:11:38 PM »
Posted by: CrzyFlmngMnkyHead 
Ops I been found out.
Let's see...
After giving up on Christanity, I realized that no sources other than the Bible confirm that homosexuals are evil. And since I no longer beleive in the Bible, I no longer beleive that homosexuals are evil. Funny how religion can totally screw people up.
Also, I was some stupid 12-year-old back then with no common sense whatsoever.

Does that mean you're gay? *shudders at thought* I'm sure you're not.
The internet. Where men are men, women are men, and little girls are F.B.I. agents.

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »
lolno.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 04:50:16 PM »
Does that mean you're gay? *shudders at thought* I'm sure you're not.
He's not, but I am.

I thank you to keep any negative opinions you might have to yourself.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
All I can say is that there are sometimes when is it a good idea to keep quiet about personal beliefs.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »
Like, all the time! :D
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 12:01:40 AM »
I second Chup. =D

TEM

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »
:D

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »
There is one abandoned house 2 and 1/2 miles away from my place.  I'd like to explore it, but it's too close to town and it's on a fairly active state highway.  I am NOT taking any chances of getting caught.
There's one near my grandma's house, but it's been weathered to the point where it's in no shape for safe exploration.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print