Print

Author Topic: YI Yoshi  (Read 4796 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:20:20 AM »
Just a random question.  Since we don't know the rate at which a Yoshi ages, do you believe that the green Yoshi in Yoshi's Island is the same Yoshi that is playable in the spinoffs?
Personally, I don't, but I don't really have any solid evidence to back it up.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
No.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:21:41 AM »
If it is, then Mama Luigi couldn't have happened, and that's NO GOOD!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »
If it is, then Mama Luigi couldn't have happened, and that's GOOD!
fix'd
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:52:40 PM »
I think Nintendo is trying to imply that the current Yoshi is the one that was born at the end of Yoshi's Island DS.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
I never finished YIDS, but that sounds like something Nintendo would do.

All I know is that Yoshi, THE Yoshi, is supposed to be a consistent single person in Super Mario 64 DS, the spin-offs, supposedly the one with his own text box in Super Mario World, supposedly the one with whom Mario can speak in super Mario RPG, etc. No Yoshi in Yoshi's Island stands out more than any other, though one of the green ones in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time ought to be Yoshi...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28:52 PM »
The Yoshi should be long dead from falling down a pit by now. Or I guess he could have had a lot of extra lives.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 01:57:51 AM »
He could be trapped between two pipes, forever running back and forth...
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 12:55:23 PM »
He could be trapped between two pipes, forever running back and forth...
Win.

I've always thought of Yoshi being the same Yoshi across games, although the Yoshi in "Yoshi's Story" does look younger than the rest (it could simply be his voice that lends to the "young" feeling). The Yoshi in "Yoshi's Island", meanwhile, looks the oldest. The rest we've seen are sort of in between. How am I gauging age? By how tall or non-pudgy the Yoshi looks, but there's no scientific way to go about it, just look and guess.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »
That's just character redesign.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »
Yoshi in Super Smash Bros. looks very big and stretched out, but he still has the Yoshi's Story voice!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
although the Yoshi in "Yoshi's Story" does look younger than the rest (it could simply be his voice that lends to the "young" feeling).

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't go save something named Super Happy Tree, so I would make my younger brothers/sisters do it.

Print