Poll

Diamond or Pearl?

Diamond
9 (56.3%)
Pearl
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Print

Author Topic: Diamond or Pearl  (Read 5521 times)

« on: April 20, 2007, 03:11:23 AM »
I haven't decided, myself.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:15:27 AM »
Diamond, I prefer most of its version exclusives. Besides, I can always trade the version exclusives with one of my friends who I believe is getting Pearl.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 04:56:59 AM »
What are the exclusives to each version besides the other Poke'mon? (If there are none I would pick Pearl as that cool thing on the box appears)
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 09:24:58 AM »
I actually don't like the big spherical things on Palkia's shoulders as much as I like Dialga's overall look, because they remind me more of medieval outfits. Also, I like blue and silver more than those reddish colors.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:01 AM »
What? There's no "both"?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »
I chose Diamond quite some time ago for no reason other than that Pearl, to me, will always be PERL. But I think mecha-Godzilla on Pearl is the better looking legendary.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:41:11 PM »
Same. But I hate it how my country gets a major delay for every game.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »
I chose Diamond quite some time ago for no reason other than that Pearl, to me, will always be PERL.

Whut?

I chose Pearl because a) I already have it as of about an hour ago and 2) one of its version exclusives(Misdreavus) is in my Top Six.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 09:33:30 AM »
I ended up randomly choosing Pearl. Still no good reason but I guess it's a shorter word and pearls seems a bit more mystical to me than diamonds.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »
I'll be buying Diamond next time I have $35, because it's the "blue" version, and I've had Blue/Silver/Sapphire/LeafGreen, and am not going to break that line of main games now (I technically already broke it with Red Rescue Team). YES, LIZARD DUDE, I'LL BE BUYING IT NEW.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
For some reason, Pearl sems more like the "blue" version to me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
Well, I wanted Diamond (less pink, if you want an honest answer), but I got Pearl 'cause my brother wanted Diamond too, and he reserved it (though they never ponied up the special stylus, which can really PO a person...). Obviously, it defeats the whole purpose of you and your sibling getting Pokemon if you both get the same thing, so Pearl for me since Friday! Quite addictive, really (I'm almost on the third gym and still goin' strong), but I think there's too many 'mons from the previous titles...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »
I know it's necessary to create a new title, but I'm getting kind of tired of watching the already-enormous amount of Pokemon available expand.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »
I got Pearl because I prefer Palkia over Dialga.  But I noticed that there are some Diamond exclusives that I prefer.  Looks like I'll be spending some time with the GTS.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:17 PM »
I found out another good thing about my choice: I can't get Stunky. Why does this please me, you ask?

Quote from: Bulbapedia
It protects itself by spraying a noxious fluid from its rear. The stench lingers for 24 hours.

I'm not fond of farting Pokemon.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print