Print

Author Topic: Obligatory Zelda Topic  (Read 18729 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »
penguinwizard goes above and beyond whether the topic needs him to or not.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
That's because penguinwizard is the man. (He's also my second-favorite TMK furry.)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »
I never actually collected Nintendo Power till about issue 150. I did have some scattered issues here and there (the oldest one I still have features Earthbound in the "Specials" section) but most of them were sold in a yard sale without my consent. :@

Anyway, to be on topic, I've been playing Wind Waker lately, finished Dragon Roost the last time I played which was Wednesday.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »
(He's also my second-favorite TMK furry.)

I do a spit-take every time I find out a member here is a furry.
every

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
Same, Glorb. I had been under the impression that "My [Noun] Harem" was a TMK meme. Silly me.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
every

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 04:20:13 PM »

If you don't think about it or mention it, it won't come up [as often].

Other Zelda memories:

I remember when I kept forgetting the notes to the different Ocarina songs. Maybe I was young when I first played Ocarina of Time or I was just getting used to a new form of gaming, but going back to it, the Forest and Fire Temples are pretty easy. Usually I keep a save game just after leaving Kokiri Forest so that I can play any tune on an ocarina without accidentally playing some other song.

I couldn't get the Biggoron's Sword because after all this time I still didn't have Epona. Then someone showed me another way to get the sword without Epona. Thank you magic seeds. Then when I finally get it, it just wasn't worth it.

I enjoyed the game most when I was battling the skeletons because I could move around with the shield up and have it half-resemble an actual fight given the skeletons could guard themselves.

A few times I warped to Death Mountain, touched down on the ground, and thought a cutscene was still going. So I'd stand there for 15 seconds wondering when the cutscene was going to end before I realized I could move. I guess I just expect the camera to zoom in on Link after touching down.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:27:20 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »
As for the Great Fairies... shudder... they need to wear more clothing and they need a serious face makeover.
You sure you don't mean "or they need a serious face makeover?"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »
Also, I question whether or not Weegee is a furry, considering he has those pictures.

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
I didn't "have" those pictures. The Harem in question belongs to a fuzzy fellow by the name of Teh Oshi. I got the image by Googling "fur[bundle of sticks]".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 09:51:47 PM »
Right-o then.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 09:59:54 PM »
I didn't "have" those pictures. The Harem in question belongs to a fuzzy fellow by the name of Teh Oshi. I got the image by Googling "fur[bundle of sticks]".

Hey, excuoooooose me!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 07:59:08 AM »
Tv_Themes is the only person who's posting in this thread correctly.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »
I'm gonna be cool and now post exactly according to the thread prompt.

Favorite Zelda game: Depends on what aspect of the game merits the most recognition. For sheer exploration and visual charm, Wind Waker takes the cake; for depth and maturity, it's got to be Majora's Mask; for longevity and realism, Twilight Princess is peerless. Overall, though, I'd say TP reigns supreme--sure, it's not that original, and maybe it's just the world's fastest nostalgia talking, but I really do feel like I got the most bang for my buck out of that one.

Favorite weapon/item: Well, probably the Hookshot, for its versatility and uniqueness. I keep feeling like there's some other, better item I'm forgetting, though...

Favorite dungeons: I love Snowpeak Ruins and Goron Mines. The Stone Tower is... well, it's creative, at least.

Least favorite dungeons: Pretty much anything from Phantom Hourglass. Also, infamous and generally frustrating though they may be, I think the only "Water Temple" I've really hated is the one in Majora's Mask.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print