Print

Author Topic: toad in mario kart 64  (Read 23789 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: July 19, 2008, 07:02:02 AM »
Theres something funny with toad in mario kart 64.  He has legs!  Their hard to see but this is how you get to see them: start a grand prix and play with toad.  Make sure you come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the overall grand prix.  When toad is on the podium and the have the camera facing the front of the winners,  look closly at toads car and you will see these long skinny legs from his body that stretch down to the pedals.  It's just kind of funny cause whenever else you see him he just has brown shoes on and no legs,  he would look creepy with legs!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »
But not as creepy if he wore pants, too.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:54:39 AM »
See also this Mario Party 1 artwork:

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 10:00:21 AM »
Ha Ha! It's Disgusting!!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:20:27 AM »
Mushrooms with legs? Now I have seen everything!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 01:19:39 PM »
Yup... not much to say...

Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 02:18:15 PM »
Seriously, why is this a big deal?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »
Because its funny to see a mushrrom have long skinny legs.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
It's a big deal for the same reason I freaked out when noticing that Luigi wore striped socks in some Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga artwork.
You didn't say wot wot.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
And don't forget.  He had those socks in M & L:  partners in time.  Just check the front cover (everyone forgets about that game......).

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »
I noticed that a long time ago, and still think it's a little weird.. The art for some of the games shows him with legs, and yet sometimes in-game, he has no legs. Mario Tennis 64 is a good example of this: the art had him in his tennis gear with short legs, yet in the game, he was just a mushroom shaped person with feet.

It baffles me when they do that.. was Toad meant to have legs, or not?

Personally, I kind of like him without legs, because it makes for some funny moments, such as in Double Dash.. if you have Toad as the weapons handler, and you steer left and right to the point where Toad's body waves back and forth, you'll see that his feet stay somewhat attached to the kart, and where his legs would be holding on to his feet, you'll see nothing!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »
It's a big deal for the same reason I freaked out when noticing that Luigi wore striped socks in some Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga artwork.
But...but I like Luigi's socks...

Anyway, I also agree that Toad looks better without legs. Short, legless things are cute. Just look at Kirby.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:03 PM »
It's true that toad is meant to have no legs.  It's probably only a mistake one of the artists made in the picture or they thought when they made it that he had legs.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
Toad had legs in most games up until the N64 era.

Mushroom Boy

• Superball
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
Anyway, I also agree that Toad looks better without legs. Short, legless things are cute. Just look at Kirby.
What's wrong with his legs?!
Please don't call me Shroom Boy.

Print