Print

Author Topic: Catherine  (Read 2386 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
Where my sheep at?

My copy of the LE arrived yesterday (as an aside, the clothing is very comfortable), and I've really enjoyed the small amount of the game I've played so far. I'm playing on hard mode, so I've been repeatedly destroyed handily by the first couple of stages. I'm really enjoying the block-climbing gameplay.

Shoji Meguro is one of my favorite composers, and his music for Catherine is excellent, as always. I totally dig the classical arrangements.

The graphics are also quite good - BP's friend Androu1 keeps talking about how he wishes it was just in-game cutscenes without the anime sequences because the in-game scenes look better, and so far, I'm inclined to agree.

The only other guys on here that I know bought the game are Jim and LD, which is a bit saddening; I would've at least expected ShadowBrian to get it just from the box art on the PS3 version.

Oh yeah, and the game screams its name at the title screen.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
Catherine is Amazon's Deal of the Day. $29.99 for the standard edition or $59.99 for the LE.

I need to play more of the game myself. I jumped into it on hard mode, but promptly got stuck at the second level of the entire game, and haven't been able to pass it any of the times I've gone back and tried it again. I also refuse to drop to a lower difficulty setting, so...

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 12:52:01 AM »
Hard mode? Jeez, that game was difficult enough on Normal. I can't imagine what hard mode must be like.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print