Print

Author Topic: How is it possible to improve SSBM?  (Read 57707 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2006, 05:43:27 PM »
Or maybe there will be a shell that the base controller can enter that's more in the shape of a traditional controller for more traditional games.

« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2006, 06:45:35 AM »
I would like to see Mike Tyson in SSB3.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »
While on the subject of whether or not the Revolution remote could work, I think that it could easily work without the shell.You have to remember the nunchuck.The analog stick on the left could work just like it does in melee. The A and B buttons on the right could also serve the same function. The D-pad on the right could be in place of the C-stick, and let's not forget the Z1 and Z2 buttons on the left side which can replace the L and R buttons.

« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2006, 10:05:57 AM »
ugh.....i hope ssbr is gonna work with the "remote thingy"....it'll take awhile to get used to it cause i always like it like the gcn controller way...

*thinks*please work out!
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2006, 09:16:33 PM »
Oh yeah it will. I don't see why everyone's so freaky-outy about the Wiimote, it'll be simple with the control stick attachment.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2006, 09:59:24 PM »
Actually, I'd like to see Fawful be a playable character.  I'd like to hear him/her shout "I HAVE FURY, FINK RATS!" in his/her victory sequence. (Is Fawful a boy or a girl?  I always thought Fawful was a boy, but even for a young boy in the Marioverse, that voice seems a bit high pitched)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2006, 08:36:19 AM »
I don't think Fawful has much of a chance of getting into the next Smash. More well-known characters will probably be added first. In fact, I think I'll post my prediction list right here.

1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Yoshi
5.Bowser
6.Donkey Kong
7.Link
8.Zelda/Shiek
9.Samus
10.Kirby
11.Fox
12.Pikachu
13.Jigglypuff
14.Mewtwo
15.Ness
16.Captain Falcon
17.Marth
18.Mr.Game and Watch
19.Ice Climber
20.Dr.Mario*
21.Young Link*
22.Falco*
23.Pichu*
24.Ganondorf*
25.Roy*

The * means this character is a copy of another character. Despite this, these characters actually play much differently than their counterparts. I firmly beleive that NONE of the characters should be removed under any cirumstances. You may think some are useless, but they may actually be more useful to someone else than you think. Just ask the folks at Smashboards.
I also think that some of the characters who had their abilities nerfed in the transition From SSB64 to SSBM be made stronger in the next SSB. I say this because Smashboards has teir lists showing how useful the characters are to the proffessional smashing community. Charactrers like Fox and Sheik rank higher up because they were made with so many fast moves, while Bowser and Donkey Kong rank lower because thay are so freaken slow. If Nintendo hadn't attached these handicaps to these characters, their playability may have changed. With the current physics that Bowser has, he doesn't appear as powerful as he should. I think thats an insult to an otherwise great character. Similar events happened with Kirby and Pikachu, who were powerful in the previous game, but extremely nerfed in SSBM. Due this problem with balancing the characters out, I have only chosen the characters with the most moveset potential and made the list a minimum of 45 characters. So, on with the list.

26.Toad-Light,fast, with the ability to throw stuff from SMB2.
27.Wario-Heavy,with his attacks form Wario Land and Wario World.
28.Diddy/Dixie- Across between Zelda and Ice Climbers, with their moves from DKC2.
29.Meta Knight-Light like Kirby, with sword attacks like Link.
30.King DeDeDe- Sort of like a heavier Kirby, with hammer attacks like the Ice Climbers.
31.Wolf-Slightly heavier than Fox, with completely different special attacks.
32.Krystal-Another female character who would fight using her staff.
33.Ridley-Sort of a lighter Bowser with different attacks and a 'floaty-jump'.
34.Munchlax-Similar to Jigglypuff, only heavier with a few different attacks.
35.Jeff-Uses all of his inventions as attacks.
36.Poo- Has PK attacks like Ness, but has Martial Arts-tpe moves for his regular attacks.
37.Black Shadow-Ganondorf can get a new moveset that more true to his character, and his old one can be transfered to this guy.
38.Hector-Big character who fights with an axe.
39.Lyn-We need a female Fire Emblem character.
40.Balloon Fighter-Not sure about his moveset, but he was almost in SSBM.
41.Pit-It would be nice to see him return and he could be almost like a floaty Link.
42.Olimar-He'd be small, but would attack with a huge army of Pikmin.
43.Hakkun- This guy appeared in a game for the Broadcast Satellite for the SNES. Hes like a clear jellybean with a mosquito needle.In his game, you had to suck color out of blocks and put them in other blocks to gat around the stages. This wpuld make an interesting moveset.
44.Lip-She's from Panel de Pon and her staff appeared as and item in SSBM, so now she could make a good playable female character.
45.Imajin-He's the kid from Doki Doki Panic.First of all, this game needs recognition.Second, due to the game he's from, he could be a clone of Toad.

So there. That's my 2000 cents.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2006, 09:26:55 AM »
I still think Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have a chance of getting into SSBR. (I've been calling it SSBR for months, and I'll keep calling it that till there's an official subtitle)  They could fight as a team much like the Ice Climbers, and they could use some of their PiT moves.  They could use the hammers they got from defeating TEH UBR L33T HMMR BROZ. *clear throat*
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2006, 09:44:37 AM »
I really don't think we need any more Marios. Dr. Mario was enough.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2006, 10:11:21 AM »
Despite that, I think they'd make a nice addition to the Smash Bros. family.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »
Maybe, the baby bros. could use their diapers to fly back to the stage/their jump. Or, they could use it as a deadly, poisoning weapon! Or both!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »
For the Babies, you can switch between who leads.  That way, if the baby you were controlling dies, control automatically goes to the other brother.  Or, if your controlled baby bro is about to die, switch bros around.  Together, their third jump move could be like Baby Spin, only they'd spin around with their hammers.  If one baby got knocked out and one of the bros had to go solo, his third jump would just be a weaker version of the third jump attack his adult counterpart uses.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
That's exactly what I had in mind for Diddy and Dixie. Better them than another version of Mario.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2006, 02:48:22 PM »
I thought Diddy could be a weaker, yet smaller, lighter, faster Donkey Kong.  Besides, I'd like to see 3D models of the Babies do something other than just driving.  But for this kind of team idea, I'd rather play as the Babies than Diddy and Dixie.  I'm sorry, Chef. It's you know, the babies are just so adorable.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2006, 03:38:41 PM »
OK.I can understand if you're a fan of the Babies, but Diddy SHOULD NOT under any circumstances ever be a clone of DK. He's too unique. So is Dixie.

Print