Print

Author Topic: Prepare for war.......  (Read 10815 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2002, 10:28:27 PM »
What happened to make all those people "betray" TMK?

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2002, 12:36:52 AM »
I feel that "betray" is too strong a word. "Leave" might be more appropriate.
Anyway, I bet I could figure out the secret, if I wanted to... And then, Steve, I caould tell you... heheheh
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2002, 09:05:04 AM »
I really don't think the HTML being hidden is a good idea. More damage can be done in titles with it, and anyone could do that. But Deezer's probably too lazy to change anything.....
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2002, 12:25:53 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm an administrator at TUNMB. Some of you might remember me from when I used to post here at TMK. Anyway, I came here to tell you that I do not want a war with TMK. I don't have any problems with TMK, and I think it's a good site. I'm going to tell the members of TUNMB to stop advertising here.

Oh, and Insane Steve, I don't have any problems with your avatar at TUNMB.

I''''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2002, 01:32:49 PM »
I've never tried peace before.  Let me attempt it.

So, how about TUNMB and FF sign a No-Assault Treaty?  Who is with me?  Also, consider the following phrase (it has no real meaning whatsoever, I just want to put it here):

"We shall have peace," Theoden said.  Several of the riders cried out gladly.  "Yes, Saruman, we shall have peace...when you surrender the keys of Orthanc.  But I think, Saruman, that your voice has lost its charm."

Okay that was dumb.  But who's for the peace treaty?

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2002, 05:34:28 PM »
it's me again...
i never wanted war with tmk
i respect green luigi enough that i will not advertise the site i go to any more
i truly wish the members here would speak up to deezer to upgrade these boards, though

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2002, 07:50:02 PM »
We had made SEVERAL topics in Site discussion asking Deezer to upgrade the forums, but they never did any good, he's just too lazy.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2002, 08:22:17 PM »
What could you possibly do to "upgrade" this board?
Did Theoden say that to Saruman? I thought somebody else said that to him. Wait, did anyone ever say exactly that at all?
How could you have a "war" anyway? You can't physically damage anything, and it would be "virtually" impossible to have a virtual war.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/14/2002 7:23:47 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2002, 11:46:23 PM »
There he goes again, Chupperson making mindless puns!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 10:02:27 AM »
how could he upgrade?
he could change it to proboards so you guys could have avatars, font colors, diff fonts, emoticons, faster loading time...

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2002, 04:19:13 PM »
Theoden did say that, after Saruman proposed peace with Rohan.  Consult-
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Chapter X: The Voice of Saruman; page 566, line 22.  Here's exactly what the book reads:
"We will have peace," said Theoden at last thickly and with an effort.  Several of the Riders cried out gladly.  Theoden held up his hand.  "Yes, we will have peace," he said, now in a clear voice, "we will have peace, when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark master to whom you would deliver us.  You are a liar, Saruman, and a corrupter of men's hearts.  You hold out your hand to me, and I perceive only a finger of the claw of Mordor.  Cruel and cold!  Even if your war on me was just - as it was not, for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine for your own profit as you desired - even so, what will you say of your torches in Westfold and the children that lie dead there?  And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of the Hornburg, after he was dead.  When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc.  So much for the House of Eorl.  A lesser son of great sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers.  Turn elsewhither.  But I fear your voice has lost its charm."  (paragraph) The Riders gazed up at Theoden like men startled out of a dream....

That's exactly what the book says, word for word.  If you are somehow related with the production of the Lord of the Rings books or Tolkien, please do not sue me, as I am only doing this in an answer to a question.

----
Here is one thing that the Fungi Forums can be sure about.  If the day of war against TUNMB ever strikes, you may rest assured that the SMFCMB (Super Mario Fan Club Message Boards) are with you.  As for the thing about the war not hurting anybody...hmmm.... En Garde!  *unsheathes sword*

Just kidding.  *sheathes sword*  I hope the line above will not start Forum War I.

LieutenantEagle
--------
LieutenantEagle
--------

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2002, 06:27:02 PM »
Lieutenant Eagle: That's exactly what the book says, word for word. If you are somehow related with the production of the Lord of the Rings books or Tolkien, please do not sue me, as I am only doing this in an answer to a question.

they cant sue you, anyway. theres some bull**** reproduction thing or something, where your allowed to use a portion of copyrighted material for a commentary or report or something. I dont know, but im pretty sure they cant sue u...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

Edited by - smb allstars master on 9/15/2002 5:28:45 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2002, 07:01:01 PM »
I think you can only get in trouble if you try to sell it.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2002, 07:15:37 PM »
Mindless puns?? How about these puns? This is some stuff I've thought up over the years...
Ok, there's this guy named "Leonardo Dementia"...
My knee can't buy me love...
Somebody bumped into another guy or something and said "Sorry, bud!" (and no one was the weiser)... Didja get that last one yet?
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2002, 04:33:31 PM »
Sorry BUD
none the WEISER

Budweiser
Beer
ALCOHOL

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #1:

"You are a moron. A complete idiot. The very fact that you haven`t died yet in some sort of comic mishap baffles me."

Print