Print

Author Topic: Dearly missed members.  (Read 95146 times)

« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2006, 06:51:02 AM »
I think people who care so much about insignificant words in others' nicks that they suggest that they be banned should be banned.

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2006, 04:24:09 PM »
....Another loss, this time, in the family.

...One of my cats.

Her name was Keri. We got her in April of 2000. She was a very small cat, and it turns out, she had a few problems. She was very similar in appearance to Dustin, one of our other cats, but the spots on her fur were darker than his.

Her teeth had been damaged (they were later removed), when she was spayed, they didn't "complete" the operation (this was later fixed), she had an eye infection she wouldn't let anyone treat (in the first years we owned her, she ran away from everyone and didn't want to be pet at all), and she had problems with the litterbox (this was also fixed after awhile)....

This morning, at around 2 AM, I woke up to sounds of screaming and wailing. I thought someone had broken in and injured themselves. I got out of bed to see what happened. Mom told me it was Keri, and that there was something wrong with her, but we couldn't take her to the vet because it was very early in the morning.

The wailing continued through the night. Then, at around 5, I woke up to the sound of her screaming again. It was a very eerie sound.  I thought there was something stuck in her throat that she ate or something. This time, I got out of bed, and dad was there. I asked him what he thought was wrong with her, because from what I was hearing, it sounded like she didn't have much time left. I also saw that when she was wailing, she was batting her arms at the air, as if she was trying to fight something away.

He was a bit more optimistic, and thought she wasn't going to die. I stayed up in my room for an hour, and changed into my clothes.

I went off to school, knowing that she'd be taken to the vet.

While I was at school, though, as he and mom were rushing her to the vet, she...

My father picked her up. She looked at him, with her mouth open, as if she was suffocating. He tried to blow into her mouth to resuscitate her (not mouth to mouth). Then, she just, closed her eyes, and went.

I arrived home later than usual, as I stayed after to practice for a show I am going to participate in next week. I was unaware that my father had failed to get her to the vet in time, and went about my normal ways until Dad came home. He told me what happened. What I predicted that morning, sadly, was correct.

We'll be burying her later this evening. Rest in Peace, Keri. 2000-2006
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »
Rest in Peace, Keri. Pets are always a loss in the family. My fish died when I was little and I was really sad. Do you all know yet what was wrong with her?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2006, 05:10:55 PM »
No, and I feel very awkward that we're burying her when we don't know HOW she died.

My parents say it was due to hallucinations or seizures. I'm thinking she swallowed something big and started to slowly suffocate.

When she died, my parents just turned the other way and went home.

EDIT: After talking to my parents, I realized that they DID get her to the vet, rather than turned around.

We showed the other cats, and they looked at her. Dustin looked back at us and meowed. He reached up for my shoulder, and I hugged him.

We had a small hole, and buried her. (She was in a small casket that said):

Kerri (Googoos) Parisi
April 2000 - April 18th 2006

After we put her in the hole, dad dumped some of the soil on the casket with a shovel. He handed the shovel to mom, who did the same, then she handed the shovel to my brother to do the same, then handed the shovel to me so I could do the same, and then I handed the shovel to my sister, who also did the same. The shovel was given back to dad, who then gave another shovel to my brother, and to my mother, and they continued until she was completely buried. Mom put a small wooden cross by the grave, which sits under a floodlight that'll be lit up every night. She also made a small rock formation near the grave.

Everyone of us was crying.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:50:09 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Vidgmchtr.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2006, 07:13:52 PM »
Holy cow. Whenever one of my cats die, we throw it over the fence by the hind leg. Hopefully they make it far enough down the hill so that we can't smell them before the coyotes come.

« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »
My parents wouldn't let me have my dog's body for burial or have her cremated for us and put into an urn. When she died I never saw her again. She's miles away now, in a horrible mass burial. The only thing I have left of her is her brush with her hair on it from the day she died.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2006, 11:15:56 AM »
Holy cow. Whenever one of my cats die, we throw it over the fence by the hind leg. Hopefully they make it far enough down the hill so that we can't smell them before the coyotes come.

You really DO have a Goomba in your heart!

The mortality rate of animals at your house is so high that this doesn't surprize me as much as it might others.

« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2006, 02:14:38 PM »

Huh.
i bury my currently deceased animals in a Pet Cemetary.
Here's to you,
Mickey,
Dust Bunny,
Pastry,
Spring Roll,
Spring,
Hin,
Hamm,
Hamm the second,
The Guiena Pig Formerally known as Hamm,
Hamm the third.

I shall miss you all!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »
Vader the dog got an honorable burial with tombstone and I'm sure his brother Patches will as well. But cats... nah. We once had two pigs which we slaughtered and ate, so they kind of got a respectable end. My first dog Bobo was just shot by my dad because he kept bothering the neighbors and they were going to shoot him if we didn't. Come to think of it, I don't know what happened to Bobo's remains after that.

« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2006, 04:47:55 PM »
*goes wide eyed* YOUR DAD SHOT THE DOG!?!?? My gosh. I could never kill a dog. *edit
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:00:18 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:15:39 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »
Yeah, that's what I meant. See? I edited.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #404 on: April 21, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
Dearly missed, eh? How long has it been since David Dayton posted?

Print