Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island GBA help...  (Read 3469 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 08, 2003, 10:51:32 AM »
I just got Yoshi's Ilsand for Game Boy Advance a few weeks ago, and I am having a lot of trouble trying to beat Bowser's Castle, the last level in the game.

How do you beat Baby Bowser when Kamek turns him into a giant? The Nintendo Power strategy guide I got says you need to toss the giant eggs into his mouth, but it never works for me! What part of Baby Bowser do you need to target in order to toss the egg into his mouth?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 01:13:06 PM »
You don't have to target any part of him, per se.  It's a matter of judgement:  if Bowser's far away, aim high for more distance.  If Bowser's close, aim low for a direct shot.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 08:18:40 AM »
I tried that already, it didn't work. Any other suggestions?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2003, 06:52:27 PM »
*Can you use the right boards? I think this belongs in the Help board.

Anyways, regarding your question. Most strategy guides suck. I aim for the NOSE. Always worked for me. The mouth is a bit low. If not, keep trying, and find the spot that is best for you.

*You don't know how close this came to being a lengthy invective. Don't mind it; there's a GOOD chance that I have ADHD and was never diagnosed because I do good at school. And one of the major faults of ADHD is impulse decisions.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 12:12:20 AM »
ADHD is a mythological disorder. Heck, I'd probably have it too if it were real.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 08:49:38 AM »
ADHD: Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder.

How could ADHD be a mythological disorder? It has been diagnosed in millions of people...

I was mis-diagnosed with ADHD when I was about 7 years old.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2003, 08:56:52 AM »
By the way, thanks for the Yoshi's Island GBA tips. About strategy guides: Without the Nintendo Power strategy guide, I would have never been able to beat Zelda Ocarina of Time! That game is HARD!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2003, 11:45:34 PM »
No kidding! I gave up on it a while back. It doesn't even give you a CLUE as to what you're supposed to do next! I guess I should get a guide...

ADHD is a scheme by the government to suppress the young population.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 10:02:54 PM »
Ok, shut up. Here's the 3 major syptoms of ADHD.

1 - Lack of attention. Ok, I don't care about much of what my teachers say. I don't listen. Most of the time the teachers have to tell me to stop playing with my TI-86 Mario and its level editor during class. Happens at least twice a day. In fact, I listen less to people I talk to...

Mom: Steve, do you -blah blah blah ... other crap- this?
Steve: *Momentary pause, accompanied by glazed stare* What? I didn't hear you.

That happens far too often.

2 - Inability to sit still. This is probably the worst of the 3 for me. I pace around the room all the time, get up in class all the time, and also have to be playing with something in my hands (Usually a pen.) during class. Even when I eat, at least 5 times a meal I get up for no reason whatsoever, mainly because I can't stay there without getting bored out of my mind.

3 - Impulsive decisions. Well, I don't make a lot of impulsive DECISIONS, but a great deal of impulsive comments. I ramble in school all the time about how I hate people and how I don't think some people deserve to live. I say things without realising what effects they have on others. I insult people unknowingly all the time: (ACTUAL conversation from about a month ago)

Girl: I didn't fail! I got a 70% Yes! Oh my God, I'm so happy!
Steve: You only got a 70%? AND YOU'RE PROUD OF IT??? You're dumb, you know that? If you had any intelligence, maybe you'd be NOT content with crappy scores like that! Take me! I got a 93%! That sucks! Awful! You don't see me very proud! And that's 23% higher than you!
Girl: ... You're mean!
Steve: No, tactless. There's a difference. Mean is when you realize you hurt other people's feelings. Tactless is when you say things without realizing their effects on others.
Girl: But you know you did! You explained it there!
Steve: Afraid not. I didn't realise it until you said something. Then it's too late. I apologize. You aren't dumb. But I still think 70% isn't an acceptable score. Bear with me here. My standards are unhealthily high.
Girl: *sarcasticly* Oh, gee, thanks. *Laughs*
Steve: Riiiiight. *Crumbles the 93% into a ball and throws it away in anger*

(As you can tell, I am also a Type A perfectionist.)

If you need proof, read some of the things I post. Especially my anti-Destiny's Child views. Just think about some of the things I type in the post box but later remove. Many tyrades and insulting comments have been avoided at the last minute.

And there you have it. ADHD is NOT a government conspiracy, it is more than likely due to hypoactive brain activity. There's something called a BRAIN SCAN than checks for these things.

I may also be obsessive/compulsive. I'm a real genetic blunder, aren't I?

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2003, 12:54:21 AM »
Hypoactive?? HAHAhAahhhaha!
1. Sarcastically
2. Hyperactive

My explanation for that, Steve, is that you're a kinetic learner. I am. I can't think well without fiddling with something or walking around the room. It's a scientific impossibility for me to get bored, but I do seem to have a lack of attention as well. I rarely hear when someone's speaking to me, unless I'm mentally set to take input.

Okay, well, ADHD may not be a govenrment conspiracy, but I think Ritalin is. *shiver* Boy, if you'd heard some of the TRUE stories I've heard about that crud...
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2003, 01:57:24 PM »
Ok, do you think I meant "hyperactive"? No, I meant hypOactive. See:

Hyperactive - Overactive
Hypoactive - Underactive.

(I really don't understand what you mean by that first comment.)

As for Ritalin, that seems to me to be a bit more likely to be a government plot to rule over the newer generations. How can I tell? Of course, then there are the stories about people that take Ritalin and go out and kill about 20 of their classmates. I'm kind of worried about this. (Of course, It happened about 3 times total in about 1,000,000 cases. I'm not THAT worried.)

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2003, 12:02:52 AM »
Amazing! A word I haven't encountered before!!

(Hey, I thought it was like "simotaniously".)

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/12/2003 10:03:26 PM
That was a joke.

Print