Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 678844 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2010 on: June 30, 2003, 11:27:54 PM »
Treble is called Gospel in Japan... which I think is very strange... why not Piano?

Anyway, I actually like calling him Rock as opposed to Mega Man or Rockman. Sorta like how I prefer X to Mega Man X...

And yes, I knew all about the music pun thing... Isn't Protoman* named Blues here in America too?

What about Rush and Tango? And Eddie?

...You know, it's sad. I know more about Mega Man than Capcom does. On their "official" Mega Man site, they mistake X for Rock in one place, as well as numerous small errors. Their copy editors are asleep.

*I refuse to type "Proto Man." It just looks stupid, even if it is the official and often disregarded spacing.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2011 on: June 30, 2003, 11:32:10 PM »
Oh yeah, in this book I have from like 1991 or something, an unofficial Nintendo game hints book, they state that they're using a prototype copy of Mega Man III and call Blues "Bruce," which is understandable, since L is R in Japanese and everything... And technically speaking, it's spelled "Buruusu," so it would be easy to mistake.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2012 on: July 01, 2003, 10:02:24 AM »
 Yes, 'Bruce' is an understandable mistake. I think I probably would have gone for that, as opposed to Blues, myself.

However, in Mega Man III, the Released Version, they renamed him Break Man.

He wasn't in Mega Man IV.

And in Mega Man V, he is named Proto Man.

And so, all references to Blues afterwards were now Proto Man.

Also, I wasn't referring to you specificly, CW, it was directed more towards the person who asked why Mega Man was named "Rock Man."

« Reply #2013 on: July 01, 2003, 10:06:42 AM »
You people are crazy. You blatently ignore Dr. Robotnik's Eggman's real name because it "sounds stupid." Yet you ignore actual logic, because he does have and egg-like body type.

But the CRAZY thing is that half of you accept the completely senseless Rockman over the nice sounding Megaman. I mean, come on; those robots have nothing to do with music, and they're all named after it. Rockman, however, is at least mega, so the American name makes some sense (at least more than the Japanese one).

*rips hair out and runs around mumbling something about "culture differences"*

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #2014 on: July 01, 2003, 10:59:54 AM »
uh, im not ignoring his real name. i think the american one is cooler. and yes, i think everyone in here knows he has an egg shaped body. if anyone didnt know that, then i would question whether or not they needed to go back to the 1st grade and re-learn their shapes.
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2015 on: July 01, 2003, 02:17:59 PM »
I just put up the latest chapter in my story, "The mushroom kingdom conquest."  If anyone's interested, go to the storyboards, read it, and give me some feedback.  I really don't mind if you clutter my topic, I actually prefer it.  But none of that "one member posts 5 times" stuff.

I''''m a Mario and Sonic rube!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #2016 on: July 01, 2003, 03:40:11 PM »
im so cool! check out my new sig!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2017 on: July 01, 2003, 10:37:24 PM »
Actually, Black Mage, Blues was going by the name Break Man to fool Mega Man and Dr. Light. If you've ever beaten the game, Dr. Light realizes that is must have been Protoman who saved Rock from being crushed after defeating Gamma, and later you see Dr. Light's design notebook, and Protoman is listed in there as well.

Also, he shows up in Mega Man IV to reveal the real villain...

Oh, and Lizard Dude, the story is that Dr. Light named them, you know... maybe he just likes music...

OH YEAH! I just remembered! I read in an interview with Keiji Inafune that they named him Rockman because they said when people hear Rockman, they think of Rock music, and that's percieved as being really cool and stuff. In Japan, anyway.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/1/2003 9:50:51 PM
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2018 on: July 01, 2003, 11:19:18 PM »
 That's true. He is listed as Proto Man isn't he? He was # 00, wasn't he?

And you're right. I completely forgot his little cameo in Mega Man IV. That was the scene with Cossack's daughter, correct?

Hm, or was it Kossack?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2019 on: July 02, 2003, 10:30:13 PM »
#000, if I'm not mistaken.
And it's Kossack.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2020 on: July 04, 2003, 06:32:46 AM »
e
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:28:20 PM by SPIDYRAND »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2021 on: July 04, 2003, 11:07:37 PM »
Here.

... This order doesn't deserve anything fancy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2022 on: July 05, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »
I realized I've never ordered anything here.

I'll have a hard boiled EGG with a chilled MANdarin orange on the side, please.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2023 on: July 05, 2003, 06:03:59 PM »
Yah, I've got a question for the guys that run Gamer's haven.  I went over there and posted on the Forum.  Why does it say "Ugly Jerk"  directly below my name?

Jman: The best fighter (in my own mind) on SSBM.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2024 on: July 05, 2003, 06:19:04 PM »
 Ya know, come to think of it, neither have I.

I'll take a pROtein shake in a BOTtle, but please by quicker than the NIK (Najwyzsza Izba Kontroli).

Yeah, you heard me right, Najwyzsza Izba Kontroli.

I tried. XD

Print