Print

Author Topic: NES not working???I can help you fix it!!!  (Read 3990 times)

« on: May 05, 2002, 03:33:16 PM »
heh heh....just brought out my good ol nes today. I remember how when I first tried to hook it up it wouldnt work.

I can tell you how to fix all of these problems and many more:

if when you turn on your NES the light is flashing and nothings happening.....

the light is on, but the screen is flashing different colours....

the title screen is corrupt...

part of the NES looks broken....

and a hell of a lot more. I can even help you go inside the game if you need to!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2002, 12:46:44 AM »
hey!! i need help with my old nes, since you said u know how to fix those probs.

so here's my prob. when i turn on the nes, the light on my nes keeps on flashing (means it goes on and off.. on and off) and the screen goes like that too. i need help! thanks. and if possible, you can email it to vugh@yahoo.com thankx :)

gwapo ko!
gwapo ko!

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 02:18:39 AM »
Too east. Jiggle it.

Or do what I did and open it up and run it witrh the cover off. Then you can easily jiggle it and dust it and blah.. ok.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 09:30:43 AM »
when i play my friends and i get frustrated because Big Bertha eats me, i hit the floor and the danged artifact just turns off.

Eddy: Ed, stop eating all the cheese!
Ed: Cheese? Swiss?
Eddy: Peperroni. Italian.
Ed: Slicer. Aluminum.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 10:28:09 AM »
well, no way to really fix that, just take a few steps back when you play, or put the NES on a little table or stand or somethin.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2002, 10:46:35 AM »
The table doesn't help. I have my SNES on a shelf in a special cabinet for TVs and consoles. Yet when I hit the ground, it resets. The problem is with the power chord, it sometimes moves to an angle where it can't supply power. That also means sometimes it doesn't even turn on. It doesn't bug me much though since I don't hit the ground much and the no power thing is easily fixed: move the power chord to the right place. No permanent solution to it though, not that I care much.

By the way, isn't Big Bertha that cannon in Bowser's Keep? You know, the one with the Blazer attack? Like Tank Smithy's Magnum attack? Maybe that's only in SMRPG though. Speaking of which, if you need help with a puzzle in that game, go to the topic "HA! Call me THE Master!"

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 6/18/2002 9:53:44 AM

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 03:53:42 PM »
Sometimes when I put games in my NES, the power light flashes, and the screnn turns purple, pinkish color.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 01:19:18 AM »
easy. I just did this today.  hold the game to the left with the power on, than try the right. then push down lightly. if non of it works, just jiggle it for a while. if that doesnt work, than get yourself some Isopropyl summat summat (rubbin alcohol). clean out the game, then the system if it still doesnt work.

the back of each game says not to use alcohol, but its never damaged anything for me. how bout u guys?

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2002, 09:48:54 PM »
Getting a cleaning kit (mine is an InterAct universal kit)solves all my NES problems... and keeps it runing fine... $5.

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2002, 09:48:59 PM »
Getting a cleaning kit (mine is an InterAct universal kit)solves all my NES problems... and keeps it running fine... $5.

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2002, 09:59:48 PM »
I had an NES that hadn't worked the slightest bit for at least 3 years. If you feel okay about taking apart your NES, you can bend the connectors in the 72-pin NES cartridge holder up a little bit to improve game performance, although after that it feels like you're breaking your NES because of how hard you have to shove in your games. I got that off of ClassicGaming.com's NES Repair Article.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2002, 12:30:41 AM »
yeah, I saw that too. I attempted it, but never got it done. Good luck finding a screw driver small enough to fit in that one anoying ass hole!

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,