Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Advance 4  (Read 5180 times)

« on: September 26, 2002, 01:58:27 PM »
Well, we have no idea what it will be.  I thought people would say that SMB3 will not be it, seeing as though it wasn't even #3, but to my surprise they still think its going to be SMA4.  I believe it will be Yoshi's Story, and that will be the end of the Super Mario Advance series.  SMB3 will have its own special game, and of course Mario Bros. will be awaitng on SMA4 again.  (There's no maybe about it) So, hopefully Nintendo will reveal what its going to be soon.  But who knows, I could be wrong, but I'm going to stick with my thoughts.  I thought Yoshi's Island was SMA3 in the beginning, but too many fans made me change my mind and I followed everybody else in thinking SMB3 would be it, and it turned out I was right!  But who knows!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 06:19:44 PM »
I am really sick of Nintendo's ignorance in putting Mario Bros. as the mini-game every freaking time. I mean, Tetris Attack would have been A LOT more appropriate for SMA3. Of course, I can possibly forsee memory problems with a Yoshi's Island/Tetris Attack joint game... but they could still make soemthing different.... like Donkey Kong or something...

As for SMA4... If Nintendo knows what's good for them, they'd make it SMB3. Of course, seeing as how they don't care about what their customers think anyway, I wouldn't be surprised in SMB3 NEVER comes out for GBA.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 10:31:42 PM »
DoN't SaY tHaT! AAAAaaaaAaAAaaHH!! But you know, "3" seems to be the magic number in video games... so, maybe on the 4th, 5th and 6th games they'll have a different game...
I really do think that SMB3 will be SMA4... and hey, you know, it would be really cool if they included the multitude of lost levels that were left in the SMB3 ROM and weren't in the final version... I kinda think that's what happened with those "new" levels in YI...
Yes, Tetris Attack would have been more appropriate, but it's another full game in itself... not just an infinite arcade game...
What else could SMA4 be anyway? They've prettymuch exhausted the supply of 2D Mario games... except Yoshi's Story, which I have a feeling they will release outside of the SMA series..........
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 09:53:18 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

Edited by - smb allstars master on 10/26/2002 8:53:39 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2002, 10:13:27 PM »
Then why did you post?
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2002, 10:34:48 AM »
Maybe SMB3 will be Super Mario Advance 5.
SMA6, then will be a completely new game!

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2002, 11:26:42 AM »
They will have run out of Mario games to remake by SMA6(unless they redo Mario is Missing, God forbid they ever do that, although there's no way to NOT improve on MIM)
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2002, 09:19:23 PM »
No... a completely new game!

That would be cool!
But I still think SMB3 will be SMA4, because Yoshi's Story doesn't even have Mario in it.

Yeah, it`s me, that gremlin that does stuff while you`re not looking. Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2002, 01:59:17 PM »
I wasn't even sure that a fourth Super Mario Advance was even confirmed. Then again, I'm not sure of much. SMB3 being SMA4 would seem like the only option - unless of course they decide to pull out the original SMB again. Which they won't (or at least they better bloody well not do). Then again, now I think about it, there's always the Super Mario Lands - they could update them SMAS-style no trouble - or even better, they could revive the canned Super Mario Land VB... Wait, no - I forgot it was too much effort to do anything other than revive a SNES game and add voices... Silly me.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com

Edited by - Waddle_Dedede on 10/30/2002 12:01:05 PM
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2002, 06:16:51 PM »
Amen to that, hombre!  As much as I love seeing these remixes and revivals of old school classics, I'd much rather see a brand new adventure starring our favorite Italian brothers.

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2002, 09:56:15 PM »
Waddle_Dedede is back. Oh dearie me.
SMB3 had better be SMA4.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2002, 09:51:44 PM »
Hey, I wanted a portable version of Yoshi's Island for about 4 years before SMA3 actually came out! I am so happy they were able to remake it, even with a few major flaws... (Scrolling, hit detection, etc.) But I don't think the YS voices really go with YI. Ah well.

Anyway, as I said above, Nintendo had better make SMA4 (If they even have SMA4) a remake of SMB3... not because I want one, because everyone else does. I, personally, was probably the ONLY one on the forums that was estatic that SMA3 was YI and not SMB3. I mean, I like SMB3... but I like YI a lot more. Seriously, YI is my favorite platformer EVER made. Better than SMB3 if you ask me merely because YI requires a lot more thought. (To see this point: play 5-9 of SMB3. That is the most dull level ever made. 6-5 of YI is dull, but 5-9 has no imagination whatsoever involved in it.) Plus, there is a marker (scoring system) for how well you play an individual level in YI, but for SMB3 you beat a level, and that's it. Those are the main reasons I like YI better.

Ah well. Nintendo should remake SMB3... but if they do I likely won't buy it, just like I didn't buy SMA1 or SMA2. I did, however, buy SMA3. That shows you what I think about YI...

I'd also probably buy a remake of SMRPG if it ever came out.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2002, 09:59:21 PM »
I think Yoshi's voice is cool in whatever game he's in.

Yeah, it`s me, that gremlin that does stuff while you`re not looking. Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2002, 06:33:36 AM »
A re-make of Super Mario RPG has been rumored to be made...eventually. Now that Sqaure is back with Nintendo, that is now highly possible!

I would love to see re-makes of the old Super Mario Land series... They could release them in a "collection" package. Imagine, the original Super Mario Land (or even Super Mario Land 2) with GBA graphics and resolution...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2002, 11:52:02 PM »
That would be pretty darn cool.
That was a joke.

Print