Print

Author Topic: The X-Nauts Strike Back  (Read 13069 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 09:10:20 AM »
I haven't read this in a while, but it's still GREAT.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »
Thank you!  I'd write some more, but honestly, I don't really want to at the moment.  <: - (
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »
But now I do!  <:-D

Chapter 32:  Koopalore the Awesome  ~  Pure thrill and excitement raced through Punio's body as he kept his eyes glued to the arena below.  A koopa wearing shining, metallic armor stepped into the Glitz Pit from the door opposite of the one Mario entered through.  He was tall, buff, and frightening as he raised his armor-gloved hands into the air, signaling the crowd to grow louder.  They did. 
He pranced up the stairs in an agile way, leaping upon the stage with a twirl of his leg and a wink of his eye.  He landed with great form upon the brick beneath his shining feet, not looking at his opponent at all as though he was not equal to the Great Gonzales.  Punio was having a troubled time seeing all of this, though, for the excited fans in front of him were simply oozing with spirit as they bounced up and down in their seats.  Punio was forced to look back up at the enormous plasma screen as usual. 
It displayed Ms. Jolene as the audience began to settle and sit down in their seats.  She tapped her portable microphone with her index finger as the fighters began to warm themselves up, glaring at each other and stretching their limbs.  She brought her amiable red lips to the round, soft end of the microphone and spoke through.
"May the fight....Begin!!!" 
Punio quickly looked over to his left as he watched the enormous gong located in the corner of the Glitz Pit.  People next to the enormous, shining gold instrument plugged their ears as a Tanooki, wearing a sumo wrestlers' outfit, raised his hands which both grasped a long, wooden stick that held a thick pom pom upon the end outstretched.  He crashed the stick into the enormous gong as it vibrated monstrously, emitting an enormous, deep ring.  The crowd began to cheer again as Punio's eye shot directly back to the plasma screen.  It showed Koopalore the Awesome twirling and swirling upon the stage, winding up into a flurry of spikes.  Mario and Yosh were then shown preparing themselves for whatever there opponent may throw at them.
Lily rose up from the shadows of her seat as she looked down unto the stage.  She shook slightly from the discomfort of sound and open air around her, and tugged upon the rim of her pointed hat.  She watched as the strange spinning shell suddenly let lose and went hurling at Mario.  She gasped as she watched Mario try to leap out of the way, only to have his foot take a nasty blow, sending him to the ground.  The crowd gasped as a Toad in front of her winced.
"Come on Gonzales!!!" he cried loudly, in an very annoying voice.  "FIGHT 'EM!!!"  He clapped his hands twice as he continnued to watch the fight with a furrowed brow. 
The spinning shell had turned suddenly back into Koopalore, the amrored Koopatrol Troopa, and was about to leap upon Mario from the looks of it!  Suddenly, a red flash shot across the stage, grasping onto the enemy!  The crowd roared with approval as the annoyingly energetic Toad in front of Lily hopped up and down chanting the name Gonzales, even thought it was Yosh's tongue that had caught Koopalore.
Yosh pulled back on Koopalore as the astonished turtle was dragged off his feet and suddenly hurled into the air.  Mario had quickly stood up, and as Koopalore came down to the stage below, Lily saw MArio take out his trusty hammer.  As his opponent reached him, Mario struck Koopalore in the belly, sending him flying to the end of the stage.  As the crowd roared, Koopalore quickly jumped back up, resuming fighting position.
Punio bounced up and down, his eyes staring upon the glow of the gigantic screen.  Koopalore was spinning himself back into a twirling wonder again, and preparing for his second strike.  Mario stretched out his legs, Yosh being invisible to the screen at the moment.  Suddenly, the shell shot off like a rocket towards Mario as the agile plumber jumped straight up into the air, the shell zooming straight under him. 
Koopalore stopped himself in mid shot, crawling back out of his spikey shell.  He stood upon the stage once more facing Mario.  The crowd chanted with anticipation, jumping up and down even more so that Punio could hardly even see the screen!  But that wouldn't bother the little Puni.  Chanting was his favorite part of the fights.
"Lets go Gonzales - Lets Go!  *clap-clap*  Les go Gonzales - Lets Go!  *clap-clap*" cried Punio, his tiny voice barely being heard be even Lily.  Upon the screen, Mario could be seen as he ran straight at Koopalore!  Koopalore suddenly tried to punch him as Mario side a side-summersault!  Mario rolled around Koopalore to face his spikey back.  The crowd roared as Punio leapt up and down roaring for Mario.  Mario had then grabbed hold of Koopalores rather short tail, and did something he hadn't donw in a while.  He began to spin his opponent around in circles, like Bowser in the Mushroom Kingdom! 
Everyone laughed and shouted as MArio began to spin Koopalore around and around, faster and faster.
Lily was astounded as she watched Mario do this, Yosh preparing himself a few yards away from his partner.  She held her hands to her mouth as she watched Mario and Koopalore go into a spinning friendzy, Mario remaing in his place, his hands grasping the tail of Koopalore as hard as they could. 
"And Gonzales appears to be twirling Koopalore around in circles by the tail!!!" cried Ms. Jolene as she watched the fight from the side. 
The crowd continued to bounce up and down happily, the Toad in front of Lily simply yelling with happiness, annoying Lily and hurting her ears.  Yet, she didn't want to miss this to hide under shadow. 
Mario suddenly let go of Koopalore's tail as the crowd grew silent for a moment, watching the armored koopa fly through the air.  Suddenly, Yosh grabbed hold of Koopalore once again with his tongue in mid-flight, sending him flying down to the stage.  Koopalore crashed into the brick below him, lying flat on his stomach next to the excitable Yoshi.  The crowd once again broke into a roar as Ms. Jolene announced the winner into the microphone.  Lily could see Punio bouncing up and down next to her, in unison with the annoying Toad guy.  She clapped her hands, though lacking enthusiasm, as Mario greeted his applause with open arms, red in the face and tired from spinning around so much.

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »
Chapter 33:  Mission Report ~ "Excellent show!" came the voice of Ms. Jolene as she approached the major league fighter.  They stood by the red door in the locker room as Jolene searched her pocket and pulled out a group of shining gold coins and placed them in Mario's palm.  Mario's muscles were rather soar in his arms, and were quite twitchy.  He took the money with a small twinge of stress felt in his forearm. 
"Thank you," said Mario as he pocketed his reward. 
"Keep this up, Mario, and soon you'll be champion!" said Ms. Jolene with a large smile and an excited intake of breath.  "Oh, how I would love to see someone else in the champion's room other than that annoying sumo wrestler!  I mean, sure he's a great fighter but arrogant, and has an ego larger than his stomach, which is most certainly saying something."
Ms. Jolene left the room after a brief chat, the clicking sound of her high heels echoing away upon the cold floor. 
"Wow," said Yosh, "how intense was that?!  That was awesome!  We make such a good team."
Mario agreed with the small dinosaur guy, for it was as plain as the nose on his face.  They were going to get up to the champion, and they were going to square off against him.  He wasn't sure whether or not they'd win, but they'll be up there alright, up there on the stage.  The lights will be shining and the audience screaming, Ms. Jolene speaking into her microphone as her voice booms throughout the stadium like a drum.  Then Chompien will show his face, and he'll come crashing onto the stage in the most threatening of ways!  His mouth like a bear trap and his belly like a wrecking ball, he'll come at Mario and Yosh at full speed, his steel chaing trailing behind him.  Then is when fate will be decided. 
The door suddenly opened itself once more as Ms. Jolene re-entered.  She closed the door shut behind her with an awkward smile and a fast toss of her hair.  In her hand was a white envelope.
"I'm sorry, I forgot to give you this," she said as she walked up to Mario, her heels clicking across the red and white tiles.  She held out her hand as Mario politely took the letter from her.
"Thanks," he said as she smiled once more.
"It's from that Goomba girl again," she said in an almost irritated voice.  "She thinks I' m her personal messenger now, or something!"  A laughing snort resounded from her nose as she bid her farewell and exitted the locker room. 
Mario opened up the letter as Yosh hovered next to him, waiting to hear what it said.  Mario's eyes scanned across Goombella's neat cursive handwriting...

Dear Mario,
    I know its been a while since I've informed you, but I have been a little busy with some spy work.  Have you ever seen a small man wearing a ridiculous amount of clothes running about here?  Well, I have, and I followed him.  After over-hearing him speak at the telephone I've discovered that he was an X-Naut!  He was comunicating with Sir Grodus!  Apparently, the X-Nauts are getting ready for some sort of attack on Glitzville in order to capture more shadow sirens. 
So, I followed the X-Naut in disguise a little bit more and discovered him snooping around in the storage room!  He had found a set of files that had to do with Mr. Grubba.  You remember that guy, right Mario?  THe old manager of the Glitz Pit?  Anyway, it turns out that the X-Nauts are planning to build the same kind of power-draining device as Mr. Grubba did!  I saw the X-Naut myself!  He was taking pictures of the blueprints for the power-draining machine.  After that he ran away, I'm not sure where he went to.  As for now, this is vitle information though.  We now need to be constantly on the alert for any sign of X-Naut attack that may approach us, and we need to be ready for it.  I'm still not sure how, but this should reveal the X-Naut's base; the place where we can truly get down to business.
Until then Mario,
Goombella<3   

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2006, 12:34:54 PM »
Chapter 34:  The Body Thief  ~  Mario creased the edges of the crinkled up piece of paper he had received from Goombella and placed it safely inside his pocket.  He turned to the match-organizing machine beside the door with a new ray of hope shining inside him.  He pressed the screen as it went fuzzy for a moment, but then soon displayed Ms. Jolene.
"Gonzales!" she said, sounding surprised.  "Itching for another fight already?  Well, okay then!  You're getting up their in the ranks, Gonzales.  You're next opponent is...ranked four in the Glitz Pit, The Mysterious Sheet!  This guy's tricky, Gonzales, but he hasn't been in a fight for quite a while here.  It may take him a while to get him warmed up, so I think you've got the best of him in this fight."
"Sounds good," Mario said into the screen.
"Great, then.  I'll send security to pick you up in a little bit."  Mario nodded as she disappeared from the small broadcaster. 
"Okay, Yosh, we're up against our next opponent," Mario said to his small, yoshi partner, who was busy talking to a rather peeved looking Koopalore. 
"Great!" said Yosh as he left the soar koopa alone.  "Who are we fighting?"
"The Mysterious Sheet," said Mario.
"Ah...." Yosh replied.  "Its been a while since I've heard of that guy.  They say he's a pretty interesting fight, but he hasn't appeared in the ring for a while."
"Yeah, that's what Ms. Jolene said," replied Mario.  "So maybe we can get the best of him."
"Yeah....maybe," said Yosh, sounded a little unsure about himself.  Never had Yosh ever been so calm before a fight.  Perhaps the whole incident of the boos was coming back to him, of how he couldn't force himself to win over their strange tricks and maneuvers in the pit.  The Mysterious Sheet was known for his tricks, and perhaps Yosh was simply worried that it would happen yet again. 
Mario wasn't so sure, and decided that it was nothing to worry himself over.  They were almost to the top.  All they had to do was keep pushing forward, and never give in to the opponent.  Whoever this Mysterious Sheet may be, Mario wasn't about to walk out of this fight with his head down.  The door was suddenly pushed open as one of the security guards walked in.
"Gonzales," said he, "come along.  Its your turn to fight, sir." 
Mario and Yosh followed the stout-looking man out into the hallways, stopping at a wide door.  He could hear their names being announced on the loud speaker from inside, and his heart began to race.  The doors opened and the familiar light that had greeted him so many times came flooding over his body once more.  His name was chanted throughout the crowd as always, and the lights were blinding.  Yosh seemed to forget all of his doubt as he let the spirit of the fans engulf him in a river of confidence.  Together, he and Mario bounded up the stone steps that let to the stage of which they were supposed to fight upon.  Ms. Jolene was at the center of the square as usual, her microphone grasped tightly in her clenched fist.  He tossed her head back, her blonde bangs being brushed out of her eyes as she looked to her listeners.
"And his opponent!" she cried as cheers and jeers erupted from the stands.  "Here he is ladies and gentlemen; the one, the only Mysterious Sheet!" 
With that Mario looked straight in front of him to see the opposing door open, and to hear the crowd of fans quiet to a dull roar.  The door held absolute darkness beyond.  It was a square of pitch black.  Mario gazed upon that spot, feeling pride pump through his erected veins.  There was now an utter silence that engulfed the stadium.  Mario could see Yosh from the corner of his eye, jumping from one foot to the other, staring into the dark opening.  We all waited, and waited.  We began to even wonder if the Mysterious Sheet was even going to show up, when all of a sudden there sounded a bell.  A bell wrung from beyond the door.  It was not a small bell neither; no, it was the sound of a gigantic, brass bell; the kind you hear upon a chapel.  The audience gasped and jumped at the enormous, empty sound.  Suddenly, a bright green parrot flew out from the darkness, resulting in another small gasp from the crowd.  Mario watched in awe as the green parrot flew about the room, its caws only slightly interrupting the echo of the brass bell.
And then, from the darkness of the door came hideous laughter.  Chills ran up Mario's spin as he listened to the spine-tingling chuckles that emitted from nowhere.  Two bright red eyes appeared at the door, gazing upon the cringing face of Mario.  The audience grew taller, though still remained silent.  Their silhouettes on the stands resembled great, shadowing pine trees.  Mario suddenly felt as though he was in some sort of forest. 
Out from the blackness of the door stepped none other than the mischievous Doopliss!  He appeared suddenly and abruptly, resulting in many ear-splitting cheers from the crowd.  His appearance was almost more of a "tah-dah!" than intimidating.  His black, crooked smile stretched across the white sheet that was his body.  Upon his round head was a pointed blue hat, decorated with ruby red stars and complete with a black ribbon at the point. 
He tightened his blue bow tie with delight as the crowd jumped up and down in approval of his amazing entry.  His bright green parrot then flew down and landed on his sheet-covered hand.     
"Here he is everybody," Ms. Jolene cried into the microphone.  "THE MYSTERIOUS SHEET!"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:37:20 PM by The Blue Toad »

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2006, 01:48:17 PM »
Oh no, not Doopliss!!! XP
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print