Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273293 times)

« Reply #2520 on: October 19, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »
Haha, congratulations!

Well, I'm happy because we finally see Peach's final smash and I've (almost) gotten over my swollen throat. The inside of my throat was swollen and it hurt terribly.

I also saw "The Game Plan" yesterday and it was awesome! I went with one of my best friends and we had the theatre to ourselves...until this lady and her two children came. Haha, but we still had fun :3. My friend and I had a nice talk while the movie was delaying itself. We bought our tickets and went into the theatre, bought our popcorn and sodas, and then went in the theatre. It was 1:50 exactly and the movie was supposed to start; they didn't play the movie until 2:15.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2521 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
I know everybody seems to want this topic and its counterpart dead, and I support that, because too many people use them for big things instead of things like this.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2522 on: October 21, 2007, 08:37:09 AM »
I notice I'm getting slightly better at Hard mode...slightly. Unfortunately, I suck at hammer-ons and pull-offs, and the concept of strumming upward confuses and frightens me. Still, with enough practice, maybe with the help of Apollo Creed, I shall become the Guitar Hero champeen! Ragh!
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2523 on: October 21, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »
I hope my Halloween costume plan turns out alright!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2524 on: October 21, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »
...Lizard Dude once said to me that Hard mode should be called Easy mode. Now that I only play Expert, I'm inclined to agree.

I finally got a Wi-Fi adapter. Anyone want to play some Tetris?

« Reply #2525 on: October 21, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »
I got my hands and arms henna'd. It's awesome :3.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2526 on: October 21, 2007, 07:03:36 PM »
the concept of strumming upward confuses and frightens me.
I am pr0 enough to beat Jordan and 5-star Psychobilly Freakout and I only use down-strokes except in Misirlou-type situations. I find it much, much more precise and easy on the mind. To use this effectively, however, requires you play long enough and hard enough stuff to build your right arm down-stroke muscles into tireless fiercely pumping pistons of raw rock energy.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2527 on: October 21, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »
I kinda alternate my upstroke and downstroke usage. All downstrokes works really well for 8 year old kids though.

« Reply #2528 on: October 21, 2007, 07:35:48 PM »
Are you calling me an 8 year old kid?

« Reply #2529 on: October 21, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »
I got my hands and arms henna'd. It's awesome :3.

I actually have toyed with the idea of getting a real tattoo. But I"m not sure, because some cultures still frown upon them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2530 on: October 21, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »
I am pr0 enough to beat Jordan and 5-star Psychobilly Freakout
I feel so inferior... the best I can manage is 60% complete on Jordan and 3 stars for Psychobilly... and I'm the best player I know. But the good news is I only have 4 three-star songs, and 2 four-star songs. The rest are five-star

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2531 on: October 21, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »
LD: No
My Crowning achievement is a 4 star in Hangar 18 on Expert. I still have yet to beat the game though, Free Bird is the only real song left. I want to beat the game by the time GHII comes out. I might even complete Jordan when GHIII is out. I can get to about 55% before failing.

« Reply #2532 on: October 21, 2007, 08:22:52 PM »
Percent doesn't really mean too much on Jordan. It's either you get to the Blue Note of Freedom or you don't.

There are a few songs I haven't 5-starred. I believe the complete list is Beast and the Harlot, Misirlou, Six. Actually I think there's one more in the bonus songs that still gets me. I really haven't played GH2 in a while, though. Kind of resting up for the guitar mania that is about to sweep down upon the earth in the next month.

I did 5-star everything in Rocks the '80s in about two days. :)

« Reply #2533 on: October 21, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
I've played Guitar Hero a couple of times on easy mode. I'm not great, but it is fun.

...That's pretty much all I have to say about GH.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2534 on: October 21, 2007, 10:36:37 PM »
I actually have toyed with the idea of getting a real tattoo. But I"m not sure, because some cultures still frown upon them.

How about you just do what you feel is right?

Print