Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273577 times)

« Reply #2640 on: December 03, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
I got my acceptance notice from the University of North Texas today, so I'm going to college in the fall of 2008.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2641 on: December 08, 2007, 11:30:27 PM »
So today I was on AIM with one of my worthless friends and aside from lusting after a certain girl, we were reminiscing on our Middle School days and how much they blew.

Aside from false friends, terrible teachers and angry 13 year old girls, One of the bright sides was that I'm not the only one to feel ostricized during those 3 years. Also this kid named David who used to subject me to griefing and I'd love to tell you the story but it borders on cantthinkofaname meanness and I don't want people to think I'm a terrible person based on the events of one individual.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2642 on: December 09, 2007, 01:26:56 AM »
I'd love to tell you the story but it borders on cantthinkofaname meanness and I don't want people to think I'm a terrible person based on the events of one individual.

Well if it doesn't have to do with homophobic bashing, or an innocent child who did absolutely nothing to offend, I'd say it's okay to tell.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:32:19 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2643 on: December 09, 2007, 09:39:49 AM »
Only a fool would judge a person's character on stuff they did in middle school. (a person meaning someone who is grown)

« Reply #2644 on: December 09, 2007, 10:02:12 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly with the above statement (the same can be said for elementary school).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2645 on: December 09, 2007, 08:31:05 PM »
So I finally beat LoZ: Twilight Princess. This is the first LoZ game I've ever beaten. I think my playing time is around 60 hours.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2646 on: December 09, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »
Wow. Did you get all the collectible stuff? 60 hours seems like a lot of exploration took place.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2647 on: December 09, 2007, 09:22:23 PM »
Close, I think. I got like 15 heart containers, and I tried the Cave of Ordeals like six times, but I couldn't beat it. I did get the magic armor, three bomb bags (one of them large) the large quiver and wallet, and probably other stuff that I can't directly recall now. What did I miss, other than a whole bunch of heart pieces?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2648 on: December 09, 2007, 09:51:24 PM »
The Cave of Ordeals is easiest if you use bomb arrows. Bomb as much as possible while still overlooking each level.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2649 on: December 09, 2007, 10:29:33 PM »
I've been to the last room many times. I just can't beat the three darknuts very well.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2650 on: December 09, 2007, 10:41:08 PM »
That's a lot of attempts. Some other collectibles are Poes and golden bugs.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #2651 on: December 10, 2007, 09:49:33 PM »
I got tres things:

uno: I'm back

dos: Fan-fic idea

tres: WI-FI!!!

I'm happy!! Chuuuu!!
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2652 on: December 10, 2007, 10:37:39 PM »
ANGST thread update! Only yesterday, I complained of not being able to beat Metroid Prime 3 on Hyper Mode, and today I did it! Time: 10:24, not counting the somewhere-around 25 times I died fighting impossibly strong bosses.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2653 on: December 10, 2007, 10:43:47 PM »
Yay for you, Suffix! Anyway, I'm happy that I finally got WBSR running again, that the whole stupid custody court crap between my parents is over (I won't elaborate on that one), and that there's only two weeks until Christmas. Of course, I'm not exactly happy that I'm up at this hour of the night, but when you can't sleep, you can't sleep.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #2654 on: December 11, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »
I'm quite hopeful that I can get a 360 soon.  My friend was at P&C (local grocery store) when he noticed a flier on a cork board near the exit.  It said that someone is selling an Xbox 360, with the hdd, 2 wireless controllers, and 2 games (Madden 07 and Saints Row) for $300.  My buddy actually took the flier down to prevent anyone else from calling about it.  Now I just need to call the guy tomorrow, and hope there isn't anything horribly wrong with it, and if the guy wouldn't mind just holding onto it for a few days while I get the money in order, seeing as I don't get paid for a few days.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print