Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273472 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2655 on: December 12, 2007, 01:09:12 AM »
I'm hoping to get a DS sometime after Christmas.  I'm thinking of trading in my GBASP, because Gamestop has a deal where you can get a new DS Lite for $99.99 when you trade in a GBASP, or $79.99 when you trade in an original DS.  Plus I still have a regular Gameboy, so I'll still be able to play my original games.  It's awesome that you can have two games in the DS at once.  For those wondering how I already know that, a buddy of mine let me borrow his DS for a week. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2656 on: December 12, 2007, 07:34:33 AM »
^Why do they do those deals, anyway? What's an old GBASP worth to a store?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2657 on: December 12, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »
$50-$60 in resale value.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2658 on: December 13, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
I unlocked Luigi in SMG!!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2659 on: December 13, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
I finally finished my Jumbo-Large science review work! Huzzah!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2660 on: December 14, 2007, 07:59:27 AM »
Finished Mario Galaxy 100% this morning. And there's no school today for me!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2661 on: December 14, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »
I'm happy because I've gone through the maths and have figured out that I'll probably be ordering a SuperCard before the year is done so that I can play awesome foreign GBA games on my DS without having to import it. Just need to keep reminding my parents about that money that I never got (my dad said he'd pay me it if we ended up not getting it from the guy that agreed to pay it...the amount remaining after he takes what I owe him for the bit he lended me for my R4 should be just enough to buy the SuperCard)...

Also, I'm happy because Christmas is less than two weeks away.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2662 on: December 14, 2007, 09:06:10 AM »
Watch out. I've got a SuperCard SD and it does saving really, REALLY weird. You have to turn it off and back on and... I dunno, there's probably something I can do but I haven't realized it. But it's pretty possible you'll ruin something and be disappointed.

Though I can get what I want from it. Sort of. Pokémon trading is still possible, but since the saving is screwy you might get what you trade from it cloned and what you trade to it deleted. But I could trade them to Ruby, import them into Diamond (which is also a ROM), and use them over Wi-Fi or if I ever participate in a tournament with my friends.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2663 on: December 14, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »
I probably wouldn't be using it for multiplayer, so that part wouldn't affect me. I'd pretty much just be using it to play some awesome GBA games that didn't get released over here...and for Konami Collector's Series: Arcade Advanced and a couple of other games that I haven't seen for sale anywhere around here in a while or that would actually cost more than the SuperCard, even if I bought them used.

I'm sure I'd figure out the stuff with the saving.

« Reply #2664 on: December 14, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »
Alright, here's the situation:

It was religion class. I've always had a vendetta with one of the kids, due to his tendency to pick on me, usually for no reason. While we were doing work today, I could hear him whispering some rotten things about me. I don't quite remember what they were, but they did make me feel bad. So, just before we moved to our next class, I enter this discussion with him that went something like this:

Me: Hey, *person*, did you do any work?

Him. No

Me: Well maybe if you spent less time insulting me, you could've gotten some work done.

Other kids: BURNED!

Luckily, he couldn't come up with a counter-burn. I usually don't favour revenge, but this was one of those time >:).
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2665 on: December 14, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »
Yeah, there were a lot of kids that used to pick on me for no reason when I was in middle school. Unfortunatley, I could never come up with any good burns. :(

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2666 on: December 14, 2007, 03:07:49 PM »
I just moved to a different set of classes back in 7th grade when I was in a class with the majority of students who hated me and took every ounce of their energy just to make me feel terrible. A lot of them thought I was retarded and acted as if they were smarter than me.

In high school most of them either cut class, and/or dropped out. If I ever found myself in a class with one or two of them again, they'd learn that they were actually quite stupid compared to me when they saw me getting higher grades on tests than them. One such example of that:

In my math class my sophomore year, I was with one of those jerks from 7th grade. He continued his belief that he was better than me, smarter than me, etc. in the class. One day, after a test got graded, I got a 39/40. He saw this, and boasted about the fact that he'd get a 40/40 or a 100%. The dialogue ensued.

Him: Hahaha, a 39/40. I'm gonna get better than that.

Me: Right.

Him: *to a friend in another part of the room* Yo! He got a 39/40. I'm gonna get a 100. *points to himself* 100, *points to me* 90-something. *points to himself again* 100, *points to me again* 90-something.

Teacher: *finished grading his test* Here you go, 37/40.

HIm: WHAT?

Me: Hahahahahahaha. Pwned.

Needless to say he stopped caring about the class and eventually stopped going. Last time I ever had a class with any of those jerks.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2667 on: December 14, 2007, 03:12:35 PM »
The guy in your sophomore math class seemed like he was just kidding around. I have a friend that always expects to get higher grades than me in Social Studies, and she's often pwned by my high grades. of course, I wasn't there at the time, so I don't really know for sure. Also, did you say "pwned" out loud?

« Reply #2668 on: December 14, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »
There was this guy in my 7th grade gym class that called me some horrible names like "drug head" and "stoner kid." One day he kept pulling on my ear. He did this about 5 times before I snapped and slapped his hand back. I ended up hitting the teacher's hand, which caused her to drop all of her stuff on to the floor. He didn't even get punished, but the good news is I never saw him again after 8th grade. He failed so much that when it was time to move on to high school, he stayed behind, and I don't know what became of him. I'll never forget that he was probably the meanest guy I've ever met. The funny thing is even though everyone used to call me "drug head" in middle school, I've never actually taken a single drug in my life that wasn't medicine.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2669 on: December 14, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »
The guy in your sophomore math class seemed like he was just kidding around. I have a friend that always expects to get higher grades than me in Social Studies, and she's often pwned by my high grades. of course, I wasn't there at the time, so I don't really know for sure. Also, did you say "pwned" out loud?

The guy LITERALLY thought I was retarded and back in the 7th grade, he and a few others seemed unphased that I had higher averages than them, and continued to claim I was retarded. They just acted very immature back in 7th grade, and continued to do so 3 years afterward. Like you once said, Solid. Maturity knows no age.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print