Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273743 times)

« Reply #2775 on: January 04, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »
Bleh, circumcision. I don't think it's that good for guys, either. XP
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2776 on: January 04, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »
the topic of female circumcision (and the wrongness of it).
um... what?

« Reply #2777 on: January 04, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
Just look it up on wikipedia.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2778 on: January 04, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »
(*Looked' it up*)

Well I just learned something new today...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2779 on: January 04, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
To further add to the awesomeness of this day, my dad is picking up the Orange Box on his way home from work, and my R4 arrived today! This is so great.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2780 on: January 04, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »
Yep. More piracy. Wonderful.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2781 on: January 04, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »
I'm happy because I was browsing some other forums and realized what a great forum TMK is.  To be popular on TMK you have to be nice and not go crazy with the posts.  You also have to be here for a while.  On the other forums I was looking at all you have to do is spam to boards with 50 posts a day and everyone will like you.  At least the good people of TMK have some common sense.
Yeah, last place I went to--in retrospect--wasn't that cool. It was really small (so they canned it and I moved here): There was a trekkie, two admins--one who I wasn't sure whether they were a man or a woman or gay, and one who was the guy that made the site, but he pretty much never showed up--somebody obsessesed with Scarecrow from Batman, this insanely political, irritable guy called "Squirrel" with a Sailor Moon fetish (we think--everyone hated him, so he left), a few other guys who seemed normal (by forum standards, at least), and... me. Not to brag, but since it was a small site, I was held in pretty high regard and eventually became a staff newshound. Ah, the vBulletin system... this place is great, but I miss the avatars and "Quick Reply" option.

(*Looked' it up*)

Well I just learned something new today...
Yeah, I didn't know there was such a thing until recently, either. As I understand it, circumcision (be you a man or woman) makes it so you can't "feel it" as much when you... well... you know (my reaction upon learning so: "I've been cheated!"). Some people just want to take the fun out of everything... I mean, for crying out loud, if humans have been born with the dang thing since the dawn of time, I think it's supposed to be there.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2782 on: January 04, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »
MEGAߥTE said we will eventually have avatars on the default forum theme. We do have a quick reply function. It's at the bottom of each topic page.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2783 on: January 04, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
There was a trekkie, two admins--one who I wasn't sure whether they were a man or a woman or gay, and one who was the guy that made the site, but he pretty much never showed up--somebody obsessesed with Scarecrow from Batman, this insanely political, irritable guy called "Squirrel" with a Sailor Moon fetish (we think--everyone hated him, so he left)...

Funny, those descriptions match a lot of my friends...I actually know someone who like a combination of the latter two.
every

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2784 on: January 04, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
Yep. More piracy. Wonderful.
To be honest, an R4 does not equal piracy. Sure, the possibility is there, but you could just as well say "You own a computer, therefore you are a software pirate" or "You have custom firmware on your PSP, therefore you are a software pirate." It just doesn't work that way.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2785 on: January 04, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
We do have a quick reply function. It's at the bottom of each topic page.
No, I mean, like, a window like the one I'm typing in right now at the bottom of the thread, just minus the tag buttons and subject header.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2786 on: January 04, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »
The HOPEFUL Thread seems to be filled with a lot of complaining, ANGST, confusion, and unhappy surprises lately...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2787 on: January 05, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »
I hate the hopeful thread! It's dumb and stupid and stinky. And my feet hurt.
every

« Reply #2788 on: January 05, 2008, 01:16:15 AM »
Yeah, I didn't know there was such a thing until recently, either. As I understand it, circumcision (be you a man or woman) makes it so you can't "feel it" as much when you... well... you know (my reaction upon learning so: "I've been cheated!"). Some people just want to take the fun out of everything... I mean, for crying out loud, if humans have been born with the dang thing since the dawn of time, I think it's supposed to be there.
That's surprising.

I learned of it around the age of 13 or 14. I remember it being a part of the reproductive system unit in my Bio class in 9th grade, as well as it being touched on in Health class in 10th grade. I thought it would be taught in most schools...

Anyway, my opinion is actually pretty neutral. I have no memory of it happening to me (it's done usually shortly after birth unless there are complications), and many people I know don't seem to care much about it, if they were or not, etc. And despite the fact that something was removed, it still....works.

Also, it appears that the South Park watchers here don't seem to recall the 2nd season episode that touched on this very topic.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2789 on: January 05, 2008, 01:34:25 AM »
I think you're missing the facts here Vid, and do not understand the gravity of the situation when talking about females.
That was a joke.

Print