Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273129 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3360 on: June 30, 2008, 01:47:06 AM »
I bought a PSP today. Including Daxter, a memory stick, and a Family Guy UMD. It's silver and was bundled with said items. I also got Zack and Wiki on the Wii, but I'm not sure if I like it.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3361 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »
You don't.
every

« Reply #3362 on: June 30, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »
I got a used version of PW: AA (the first one) and a new platinum Gamecube controller! (Which, unfortunately, may not be used a lot.)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3363 on: July 01, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
I just (as in within the past two minutes) beat Metroid Prime 3. Now I want a new Metroid game. I wonder how long that'll take. On that note, how on earth (or Zebes, pardon the pun) are they going to continue the Metroid story? Think about it. Now that Samus is part metroid herself, and all the metroids have been destroyed, where is the story going to go? There's not much left for Samus to do.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3364 on: July 01, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
Except hunt...herself!!!

But if there ever is a real new Metroid, you know that it'll turn out someone has a backup of Metroid DNA somewhere or something. Because having Samus do something awesome like track down space criminals and bear-mace them would be too awesome.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3365 on: July 01, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
Maybe a tennis RPG?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3366 on: July 01, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
It's been stated Metroid Prime 3 is the last of the Prime series, so I'd imagine they'd just create a new subseries under a different name. I mean, according to Wikipedia, Metroid 2 is actually the chronological sequel to Metroid Prime 3, so I'm sure they'd find some sort of way to continue the series.

Source (and yes, I know it's Wikipedia, and should be taken with a grain of salt, but I know little about the Metroid games anyway so really this was the only way to reaffirm my belief that MP3 is the last of its kind)

Anyway, I'm tearing through Brawl, and having tons of fun. Best in the series yet, imo.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3367 on: July 01, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »
If they do make another Metroid game, you can be sure as anything that Samus will probably find herself on some sort of planet/spacestation activating the self-destruct mechanisms, barely escaping, and most likely throwing off her helmet even though the planet/spacestation might not even contain any sort of atmospheric stabilization.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3368 on: July 01, 2008, 05:49:10 PM »
How come everything has to be trilogies these days? Whatever happened to the good old days of quadrilogies?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3369 on: July 01, 2008, 06:48:46 PM »
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3370 on: July 01, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »
Two of my favorites are Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy and Frederik Pohl's Gateway Trilogy.  Both ended up with more than the planned three books.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3371 on: July 01, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
A prequel to Metroid would be pretty cool. Seeing Samus in earlier missions, more NPC's to commute with, exploring her past, getting a chance to play as ZS Samus beyond 5 minutes of a remake. Not to mention another Ridley encounter and perhaps another evil Samus clone to duel with.

Too bad Dread never came to be.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3372 on: July 01, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »
I hope I become tall as I'm only 17.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:22:41 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3373 on: July 02, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »
How come everything has to be trilogies these days? Whatever happened to the good old days of quadrilogies?
Four is the new three.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3374 on: July 02, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
I'd personally like to see the whole "Samus is part metroid" thing go somewhere. Of course, I think Ridley's pretty much gone after what heppened to him in Fusion, but hey, there may be something salvageable in that pile of dust.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print