Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273228 times)

« Reply #4455 on: August 05, 2009, 12:44:36 AM »
I can't help but feel somewhat at fault for this. Barely any of this would have come about if I hadn't jacked the Hopeful Thread to complain about #TMK's misgivings for the last six days. Now Rao will probably never come back knowing that even if he changes his attitude, a certain mod will always be breathing down his neck. My credibility as a forum member has undoubtedly diminished, as every other comment I make in IRC is conceptually flawed, irrelevant due to a topic change, and/or sickeningly unhumourous. Lastly, it appears as though more rifts have been formed between members in the last few pages/days than ever before. Fun stuff.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4456 on: August 05, 2009, 12:47:58 AM »
Actually, Rao's always been pleasant in here (the forums). Why the same can't be said for the chatroom, I dunno.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4457 on: August 05, 2009, 12:50:21 AM »
An artist's rendition of Weegee visiting the TMK chatroom

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4458 on: August 05, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »
Re: Bird Person's post
You get more time to think and restrain yourself in forums. Realtime communication is worse for people with a short fuse and occasional lack of good judgment.
That said, I always got the same treatment from people who didn't understand homeschooling and it annoyed me greatly as well. I'm pretty sure I didn't "miss out" since I always had friends and learned stuff while never setting foot in a classroom, and I got a college degree later. I think I did pretty well. Maybe you all should consider not being quite so venomous towards that which you don't actually know anything about.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4459 on: August 05, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »
LD, your observation regarding my observations is painfully true. I just see a bunch of old TMK users, the proverbial backbone of the forum, hopelessly disputing amongst each other. It's like seeing reunited WWII veterans have a falling-out over some trivial matter, only more tragic.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4460 on: August 05, 2009, 06:22:33 AM »
I can't help but feel somewhat at fault for this. Barely any of this would have come about if I hadn't jacked the Hopeful Thread to complain about #TMK's misgivings for the last six days. Now Rao will probably never come back knowing that even if he changes his attitude, a certain mod will always be breathing down his neck. My credibility as a forum member has undoubtedly diminished, as every other comment I make in IRC is conceptually flawed, irrelevant due to a topic change, and/or sickeningly unhumourous. Lastly, it appears as though more rifts have been formed between members in the last few pages/days than ever before. Fun stuff.

It wasn't your fault. It was mine. I'm the one who got in that argument with Rao. I'm the one who judged him.

Now that I think of it, I'm also the one who keeps saying your jokes are lame. :S

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4461 on: August 05, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
No, we all say his jokes are lame (mainly because they are in fact lame).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4462 on: August 05, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »
"in fact"? Lameness is a matter of opinion. Yes we all collectively feel that his jokes are lame, but that doesn't make it fact.

That's another thing I've been noticing about TMK lately. Nobody seems to be allowed to like something that everyone else doesn't like. Rao's cries of "fascist" are suddenly starting to make sense.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4463 on: August 05, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »
So Glorb inspired me (:O) to try out this blogging thingamajig.

Ye be warned: I'm sure many of you will be offended by the subject matter of my first substantial post.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4464 on: August 05, 2009, 03:26:22 PM »
EVERYBODY SHUT THE **** UP AND BE HOPEFUL.

JEEZ.

Also I'm glad I inspired you TK.
every

« Reply #4465 on: August 05, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »
EVERYBODY SHUT THE **** UP AND BE HOPEFUL.

I would make that into my sig if it weren't so jaw-droppingly profane.

« Reply #4466 on: August 05, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »
A Typical Day at #TMK **

<CaptainJim> Hey guys
<CaptainJim> I was just wondering if I
<CaptainJim> should download this one
<CaptainJim> game
<CaptainJim> .
<WarpRattler> YES.
<TheChef> you should make these decisions for yourself
*** Weegee has joined #tmk
<Weegee> OH HAI GUYZ LOOK AT THIS [i}FUNNEH[/b] VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/longcatislooong
<Weegee> Whoops, wrong link.
<WarpRattler> Shut up Weegee. Nobody likes you.
<TheChef> he's down. Shall we continue kicking him?
<WarpRattler> Heck, why not.
<CaptainJim> Good. Now where were we?
*** Luigalaxy has joined #tmk
<Luigalaxy> Hello chat!
<Turtle> Hello. :p
<Turtle> !pokeymanz
<Mushroom_Boy> Zigzagoon used Magma Storm
<Turtle> :p
*** Rao has joined #tmk
<BP> Uh-oh
<Rao> You fascist <censored>. I disagree with everything you guys said up there. <censored>
<BP> COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE [dukar]BAG SO I CAN BAN THE HELL OUT OF YOU FOR TROLLING IN MY CHATROOM
<Lizard_Dude> Heeheehee! Internal conflict tearing apart years-old friendships? This is better than watching puppies being thrown off cliffs!
<Lizard_Dude> http://www.youtube.com/somejapanesepopsong
*** Toad has joined #tmk
<Toad> Guess what, everybody: I jus... Wow, is it really that late already? Heh.
*** Toad is now known as ToadBed
*** ToadBed has quit (Quit: Zzz...)
<Weegee> Yeah, I suppose it's about time for me to hit the sack as well... But not in the suggestive way! :'D
<CaptainJim> Eugh

The End

EDIT: My apologies for any ommissions in personel, but I wasn't sure how to constructively incorporate some other users... yet.

**The opinions expressed in the above satirical transcript do not necessarily reflect those of this website and/or its community as a whole.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:03:30 AM by Weegee »

« Reply #4467 on: August 05, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »
Hahahehe. There are many genuine good gags packed in there.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4468 on: August 05, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »
I take great offense to that.

Everyone knows I don't type lines without proper punctuation.

« Reply #4469 on: August 05, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
I kinda agree with that, and laughed at it. Especially at the fact that most of the time I say hi and just be quiet for the entirety that I'm on.

Print