Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273331 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4485 on: August 06, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
The main appeal is that Firefox is a tad more secure than Internet Explorer, tends to run better, and is not made by Microsoft. And also extensions.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4486 on: August 06, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Don't like being ignored much, either, but whatever makes you mos comfortable...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4487 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »
Sorry about that! I didn't know that you were still referring to me specifically. At any rate, my apologies for any offense taken on anyone's count. Let's anaolgize things for a second: Pretend I'm an individual who lives beneath a rock and thus has never seen a Star Wars film. One night, I happen to catch a showing of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back on a local station. Using the information gethered from said film, I decide to write a comedic parody of its events. While I didn't take the liberty of referring to the other Star Wars films I hadn't seen, I made assumptions regarding the characters' personalities and motives based on the incomplete knowledge I had of them.

TL;DR: It was meant to be a lighthearted, perhaps mindly entertaining work. It took twenty minutes to write, and isn't worth even that much time's worth of fuss.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4488 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »
* Suffix grimaces

This is a good example of why I am a consistent advocate of "creative speech," which is to say, avoiding profanity. Imagine how much less of an insult to BP this would have been if-- well, the caps lock and the possessiveness kind of set the insult to maximum anyway. From my logs, BP comes off as coldly irritated with Rao's behavior, no more.

Perhaps I am most bothered by the fact that BP essentially got slandered when it was my judgement that ended Rao's stay. Apologizing is fine, but you make it seem as if you even remotely understood what you watched. Thus ends my lecture on both communications and interpretations.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:23:12 AM by Suffix »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4489 on: August 07, 2009, 01:37:08 AM »
How about we all just listen to the Puzzle Place theme song and be hopeful now?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4490 on: August 07, 2009, 01:05:49 PM »
...Are we supposed to have heard of that show? Perhaps it was banned in Canada for not meeting the awesomeness quotient set by, say, Mr. Dressup.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4491 on: August 07, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »
Who wants to meet my buddies shut the **** up and be hopeful?

Anyway, I got paid a whole ton of money dollars today so I'm feeling aight. Might go heavily drinking with my pals this weekend.
every

« Reply #4492 on: August 07, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
Taking a four-hour trip to San Antonio tomorrow.

We'll be staying for about two days and going to be at the Six Flags (Fiesta?)

I'm also sick, but I'm overlooking that right now.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4493 on: August 07, 2009, 10:43:43 PM »
The Puzzle Place was awesome!

My grandmother, aunt, and cousin are coming to California from Arkansas tomorrow. I haven't them in 8 years so this should be an interesting experience.

I'm almost finished drivers ed.

And I actually got enrolled in classes for my e requirements, after neglecting it for 2 years.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4494 on: August 08, 2009, 08:00:32 AM »
A couple weeks ago my friends and I went and walked around town and we happened to meet just about every person that we hadn't seen in a long time save for relatives. I'm talking old acquantances, old friends, friends-of-friends, former girlfriends, dudes from first grade that I haven't seen since. I even saw my old Spanish teacher at one point but we didn't stop and talk because I hate that lady. Otherwise, though, it was very cool.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4495 on: August 08, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »
I'm just happy I showed up in the chatroom stats for the first time.

$92.74 later... I HAS EARTHBOUND.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4496 on: August 08, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
I hope you got it complete in box for that price.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4497 on: August 08, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
I hope you stole it from GameStop for no price.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4498 on: August 09, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure there used to be sites selling it for far less, but I put it off for some reason and now... well, at least I got it before the prices could climb any higher.

TL;DR: It was meant to be a lighthearted, perhaps mindly entertaining work. It took twenty minutes to write, and isn't worth even that much time's worth of fuss.
If it's any consolation, I once made this.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4499 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »
I'm hopeful that the next person who posts won't throw a 5,000th REPLY AWARDS. Actually never mind, I looked at the post count wrong.
every

Print