Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273568 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4500 on: August 09, 2009, 09:53:09 AM »
I'm hopeful that the next person who posts won't throw a 5,000th REPLY AWARDS. Actually never mind, I looked at the post count wrong.
'I am a mathematician, and I would like to stand on your roof.'
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4501 on: August 09, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
I just got back from my trip to Carolina Beach yesterday. It was pretty fun, though I learned the hard way that if you go to far out into the ocean (in my case, up to my bellybutton), the waves will beat the crap out of you.

As for souvenirs, I picked up a purple necklace and a ty-dye hoodie.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4502 on: August 18, 2009, 08:55:39 PM »
Oh, I've been meaning to mention... yesterday, I beat EarthBound! I now feel confident with my newfound ability to comfortably read blog posts and message board conversations concerning said title, as well as engage in said conversations with a spoiler-proof mindset. And I don't have to pretend to understand some of BP comic's anymore! (well, among other things) I've still yet to play Mother 1 or 3, though.

My only major problem with the game was... well, it's not really with the game, per se, but I guess I just underestimated how weird it would be. I mean, I knew it would be bizarre, but there were a lot of plot points I thought would be explained eventually that just turned out to be non-sequiters or deliberately vague (the Apple of Enlightenment, the Starmen's connection to Giygas and the latter's origin, and various statements characters make in-game that suggest you will eventually travel into the future come to mind). Then again, was any of that stuff just connected to the original Mother and left intact in English-translated Mother 2/Earthbound? I might've just missed something...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:57:38 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4503 on: August 19, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »
I believe Giygas' origin is explained more in Mother(?).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4504 on: August 20, 2009, 04:42:18 AM »
Actually, it looks like the whole Sallie Mae thing is working out after all. So... If you're reading this, Sallie, I take back that thing I said about screws in the ANGST thread. For now, at least... I'll probably be saying it again once it's time to pay it all off.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4505 on: August 20, 2009, 07:36:58 AM »
I went to go see Ponyo yesterday. It was a very cute/charming movie but defiantly not Miyazaki's best work.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4506 on: August 20, 2009, 07:37:37 AM »
I believe Giygas' origin is explained more in Mother(?).
Yeah, I'm figuring as much... I don't want to read too much into Mother, though, because there's still an tiny chance I might play a translated emulation someday.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4507 on: August 20, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »
Got Morgan a one-day-late birthday present (that Ghosts CD by Nine Inch Nails), and I'm happy to say she liked it, apparently.
every

« Reply #4508 on: August 20, 2009, 04:12:27 PM »
Considering that everyone is reminded of that "incident" you described in the ANGST thread every time you mention your girlfriend, your entire above comment now seems vaguely suggestive.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4509 on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »
...apparently.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4510 on: August 20, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
Agreed. Now I can't help but visualize "Nine Inch Nail" as a verb...

« Reply #4511 on: August 20, 2009, 04:36:45 PM »
MOAR LIEK FOUR INCH TACK, AM I RI-- Uncalled for, Weegee. Shame on me.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4512 on: August 20, 2009, 05:00:04 PM »
I wish my nails were nine inches long; as it is, I bite them too much.
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4513 on: August 22, 2009, 01:00:14 AM »
I just rediscovered "Our Little Refuge," as written by our very own Pt Peach.  I hope she continues that story in the future, but it's been a couple of years.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #4514 on: August 31, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »
I've been playing Secret of Mana all week, and I just got the Mana Sword through the only known method of doing so. Even though it's twice as powerful as any other weapon in the game, it's still a wonder why it can't be obtained through legitimate means...

Print