Print

Author Topic: Mario Party Mini-Game song  (Read 3018 times)

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« on: January 17, 2005, 11:06:27 AM »
The song during Platform Peril and Bobsled Run on the first Mario Party. I think it's called Let's go lightly. I just know that I've heard it in an older Mario game or something...like Mario Bros. 3. If anyone knows anything about this, I appreciate the help.

Yes, I have common sense. I''m just stupid.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 11:36:44 AM »
Funny you should bring that up, I also noticed that as well.  That song is indeed from Super Mario Bros. 3, and specifically in Giant Land, but now also with a nice chorus in there (which sounds a little like Sky World in the same game).  There's a few others with songs from Mario games too, such as:

Key-pa-Way and Pipe Maze: SMB underground (duh)
Skateboard Skamper and Piranha's Pirsuit: Dark World in SMB3
Pedal Power and Ghost Guess: Iced Land in SMB3

I think there were a few more but those are the ones I remember best.  I once wrote a letter to Ninty and told them about these so-called "discoveries" and as a result they called me a Mario fanatic and kindly gave me a free copy of an autographed Mario Party poster (I would scan it and send it to TMK, but they probably don't want it, just like everything else I try to give them).  Pretty cool I think.  But good ears there!

"Great. Just great. Now I look like the huge, mighty king of guys who talks to posters!!"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 1/17/2005 8:22:07 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 04:20:50 PM »
An autographed poster? Awesome!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 04:42:35 PM »
Autographed by whom?

"I could have more fun watching paint dry...
C''mon Blue! Dry Blue! C''mon!"
-The Decline of Video Gaming
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 09:14:33 PM »
By Mario, who else? :) Actually it was autographed by the Nintendo staff... or some folks working for them, I think.  It's pretty cool even if it isn't authentic.  It has a picture of the 6 main characters (plus Toad) reaching for a power star in the middle, and the names are written all around it in different colored ink.  I don't know what made them do that but I'm glad they did.  Maybe I could scan it and send it here but only if someone wants it (but I will warn you that there are holes in the corners because I tacked it to my bulletin board stupidly).

"Great. Just great. Now I look like the huge, mighty king of guys who talks to posters!!"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 1/17/2005 8:24:11 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 03:10:33 PM »
Thanks YR. :)

"Pedal Power and Ghost Guess: Iced Land in SMB3" You're right! I never noticed that.

Yes, I have common sense. I''m just stupid.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Print