Print

Author Topic: The Smash Brothers Tournament  (Read 5686 times)

« on: June 11, 2003, 10:57:15 AM »
"Hello Video Game fans! This is Ken the Reporter here, live, at Princess Peach's castle where we are waiting for the combatants to arrive for the world biggest battle; Mario V.S. Link! While you folks have actually gotten to play a fight like this, you've never READ anything like this!"
  This is a fan fic I've wanted to write for a while. In a sort of WWE style story line, (complete with alliances and rivalries) I'll tell the ficticious account of SSB battles.(disguised as Ken the Reporter of course!)
This ISN'T in any way copying what sean has with his "write the fite" topic.

LET THE BATTLES BEGIN!!

Sorry.. I had to put that.

U.S. X-Box Controller- Doubles as an anchor for sea-worthy crafts.

More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 01:00:08 PM »
Html in story boards? cool! I wonder if it works in all forums...
anyway, this looks like a really cool story. I wrote something kind of like this except it has a more "save the  world" kind of plot. Did you make that animation?

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 04:06:59 PM »
Yep. I made it. I also posted it in General Chat with my games logo. Whats cool about html in the story boards is that I can post my comics I write now!*giggles with glee*

Ken- Aren't we forgetting something here? The actual fan fic!
DK-I'm working on it! Keep your pants on!
Ken- I'm a dog. I don't wear pants.

Edited by - Dairy King on 6/11/2003 3:13:32 PM

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 05:48:44 PM »
KtR- Welcome folks! The moment you've been waiting for! The start of some actual action!I'm Ken the Reporter, here with Joe Somebody, atop Princess Peach's castle ready to give you a blow by blow depiction of a fictional fight!
Joe- Thanks Ken! And it looks like this night's first fight is about to begin. Now, to introduce the combatants, Micheal Buffer!
MB- In the blue corner, with the giant spikey Koopa shell, Bowwwserrrrr!!!
*Crowd boos*
MB- And in the red corner, with the silky orange fur and funky head-gear, Fooox McClooooud!!!
*Crowd Cheers*
MB-.... Llllllllllets get ready to rrrrrrumblllllle!!!!!!!!!!! GO!
KtR- And our first match is under way! Both fighter run towards the center, with Fox reaching it first.. Whats this? Bowser has somehow managed to sneak a beam sword in under his shell! Although we don't have many rules in a Smash Brothers fight, sneaking weapons(with the exception of the B Button weapons, Link, Marth, and Roy) is strictly forbidden, and this'll cost Bowser one KO!
Joe- Yeah, it's bad for Fox, too. While you were jammering on and on about rules, Bowser stole an eairly lead with his ill gotten weapon. Fox is now clamouring at the edge of the castle, trying to hold on!
KtR- This looks like the first KO of the night- whats this!? Fox has made a surprise comeback! Using his Fire Fox technique, he has managed to knock Bowser far enough away for him to grab a Maximum Tomatoe!
Joe- Here comes Bowser back with a Koopa Klaw, crushing Fox with his massive hand!
KtR-He goes for a KO! Bowser is using his Whirling Fortress to attack Fox! 30 seconds into the fight, Fox has suffered the first Knock Off!
Joe- Here he comes on the floating platform. Bowser is in trouble now! Fox could easily knock Bowser off the edge with a powerful enough attack!
KtR- And Fox goes for a KO, using a charged Forward Smash Attack! But Bowser is not willing to give up without a fight! He drops on Fox with a devistating Bowser Bomb! Fox is once again hanging onto the edge for dear life!
Joe- Bowser's closing in fast! How in the world does he run like that!? He takes a chance with a Falling Shell attack! Fox once again flys out of bounds, giving Bowser the lead! 1-0!
*crowd boos*
KtR- Fox better shape up or these miscalculations could cost him the match! he only has one minuet left! And just listen to
that crowd! It's easy to tell who the fan favorite is! Fox, back in the fight, is now actually putting up a fight! Look at him go!
Joe- Oh wow! He's really pulling out all the stops! Check it out! The Fox Illusion! What speed! He better go for a KO, or he still could lose the fight!
*crowd cheers*
KtR- Bowsers on the ropes!(not literally of course) Fox attacks! This could be it! A connection! WOW! Look at Bowser fly! Fox using his Backflip Smash Attack for a star-finish! This match is going into Sudden Death! 5..4..3..2..1.. Time!
Joe- Sudden Death is always neat to watch! Huh..? Whats that? Oh right, you can't watch it.. Well, its always fun to READ about!
KtR- Both Fox and Bowser are pretty well matched. Bowser is slow and bumbling, with enormous strength, and Fox is nimble and quick, with average strength.
MB- GO!!
KtR- Here goes Sudden Death! Bowser waits for Fox on his side of the castle... He must be planning something.. Fox attacks with a spinning kick, but to no avail! Bowser is trying to use his Koopa Klaw again... Wow! Fox used his Reflector to knock Bowser down! Hes charging a smash move.... Oh too long! Bowser lands a mighty blow, and the pilot is sent flying.
Joe- Its all over for Fox! Hurdling past mid way of the castle! Thus ends this fight!
KtR- Hold onto your butts! Fox is making a surprise comeback, despite all odds! And- oh no! Bowser has a Smash Bat! He swings.... A direct hit!... The match is over!
MB- Here is your winner... Bowwwserrrr!!!!
*crowd boos*
Joe- The crowd seems to have also noticed that Bowser once again used a illegal weapon! The officals have been notified!
MB- Ladies and gentlemen, I've just recieved word that an illegal weapon was used, so here is your real winner, Fooox McCloooud!!
*crowd goes nuts*
KtR- What a match... This fight was brought to you by the good people at Nintendo, for blessing us with this game, and to the 7-Up company, for producing Sunkist orange soda!
After the messages, we'll get to the main event; Mario V.S. Link! Stay tuned!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 03:49:22 PM »
I wrote a fanfic like this.  Except in my story, SSB gets a new general manager, and he's trouble for the Mario Brothers!  And I have Lemmy and Iggy the koopa twins as the announcers.  Can't wait for Mario and Link!
You know, you should create a title belt. Like the World Super Smasher.  That would make the match even more interesting because whoever wins would be the first ever World Super Smasher.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!

--Zok the Alien, my original character.

I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 08:58:25 PM »
Well, just to clear things up a tad...
Smash Brothers Tournament-
24 intries.
12 survivors.
6 surviving survivors.
3 surviving-est surviving survivors.
1 Smash Champion.
Smash Champion=World Heavy-Weight Champion.

I have eliminated Pichu, whom I think was a waste of space in SSBM. Also, Zelda and Sheik are the same fighter(clears up some confusion, also makes numbers easier to divide!)

KtR- Hey ho! Were back! Feed back is real important to the show!
Joe- Yeah, we always want to know what could be better.
KtR- All right ladies and gentlemen! Here's what youve been waiting for!
Joe- Yep! Mario V.S. Link!
MB- Introducing first in the blue corner... Nintendo's own Italian Stalion, the man with a heart of gold and spagetti sauce stained overalls, Maaaarrrioooooo!!!!
*crowd cheers*
And in the red corner, with the sleek green tunic, and eyes to die for, The Hero of Time, Liiiiiink!
*crowd goes nuts*
Ok... GO!!!
KtR- And tonight's main event is finally underway!
Joe- A awesome fight this shall be.. And Mario opens up with a fireball, and Link replying with his boomerang.
KtR- Both fighter seem to be ready for each other, as they both dodge the attacks. OOh! Mario is hit by Links boomerang, knocking him on his face! That'll definitly embarass someone!
Joe- Link is taking advantage of his opponet's clumsyness, by using several Smash moves to send Mario flying!
KtR- Hold on to your hat Mario! That'll score Link the first KO!
Joe- Mario comes back with a Mario Tornado, scoring some good damage! Looks like Mario is trying the fireball again! Direct hit!
KtR- He has Link in a hold! Tornado Toss...... KO! Both fighters are at 0% damage again, with 1 minute left!
Joe- Link draws a bomb, and throws it at Mario!
KtR- He dodges, and throws a Bob-omb at Link!
Joe- Explosive force! Lookit him fly! Going, going, gone! KO number two for Mario! Links back!
Joe- Charging a smash...
KtR- Mario searches for a weapon! A party balloon! He tosses it into Link!
Joe- Its a food party! Both scramble to feed! Link slashes Mario!
KtR- Mario, back on his feet, charges Link!
Joe- Link draws a bomb..
KtR- 10 seconds left!
Joe- ..and tosses it at his feet! Kamakaze technique!
KtR-  Both are in the air... Oh! A double star KO! 5...4...3...2...1...Link is out!
3 KOs to 1! Mario is the victor!
MB- Here is your winner..... Maaaaarrrrio!!!!
*crowd cheers*
KtR- Well folks, here are the standings-
Bowser--
--------Fox-----
Fox-----

Mario---
--------Mario--
Link----

Joe- That's all for tonight! Join us next time at the Fountain of Dreams, in Dreamland!
KtR- See ya soon!

---------
Brought to you by Fungi Forums Broadcasting.

U.S. of A.- Kickin'' butt since 1776

Edited by - Dairy King on 6/14/2003 8:00:29 PM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 05:37:31 PM »
If they could make this stuff in audio format, they would probably broadcast it on WTMK.  I like your little number deal.
24 survivors, 12 surviving survivors and so on.  I've got my tickets for Dreamland's fight.  

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 07:27:14 PM »
KtR- Hello folks! Were here live in Dreamland, at he fountain of Dreams, where we are awaiting our next fight. I'm reporting solo tonight, as it is easier on the writer! The main event tonight: Kirby VS Luigi! These two fan favorites have interesting backgrounds, but I won't go into that right now! So, fans, lets get ready for our first fight, Dr. Mario VS Mewtwo! Lets go to Micheal Buffer, who'll introduce the combatants!
MB- In the red corner, with the white labcoat and a prescription for pain, Doctorrrrr Maaaarrioooooooo!!!
*Crowd cheers*
In the blue corner, with the big long tail, and psychic mind, Meeeeewwwwtwooooo!!!!
Llllllllllets get ready to rrrrrumblllllllle!!!! GO!
KtR- And Our first fight of the night is underway. A capacity crowd of 400,000, this is one of the biggest fights ever broadcasted! Both Dr. Mario and Mewtwo rush to grab weapons. Speed is not either of these two's strong suit! Dr. Mario has a beam sword, and Mewtwo has a remote mine. Dr. Mario slashes.. Mewtwo blocks! He throws the remote mine, using his mind! He's controlling it in mid-air! It lands, right under Dr. Mario's feet! One move and he's toast! Mewtwo rushes him! Using confusion, he lifts Dr. Mario, causing the mine to exeplode! KO number one! Dr. Mario is back on the platform, after respawn.. Throws a megavitamin, hitting Mewtwo square in the noggin! Mewtwo tries it's Disable, but Dr. Mario uses his Super Sheet and snaps it back at him! Mewtwo is dazed! Dr. Mario's found a Bob-Omb! He throws it a Mewtwo! Direct hit! KO! 30 seconds left! Either combatant needs another KO to secure the lead! Mewtwo charging his Shadow Ball.. Throws it at Dr. Mario!! He snaps it back with the Super Sheet! Mewtwo gets another, right in the kisser! Dr. Mario has a beam sword! He flings it at Mewtwo... A hit! Mewtwos going... going... GONE! KO number 2 for Dr. Mario!!
Crowd- Goooooooo Doc! Goooooooo Doc!
KtR- 5.... 4.... 3..... 2.... 1.... Time!
MB- Here is your winner.... Doctorrrrr Maaaarrrrioooooo!!!!
*crowd cheers*
KtR- Well, were just moments away from the next fight...We'll be right back after these messages!
Thanks for tonight's show go to- General Will, and our good friends at 7-Up.

Either way, I''m still a cad! I hate everybody! Yaaarrrgh!
-Wario

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 07:27:40 PM »
Tell me... What do you think of this for next tournaments flyer?

You decide!

Edited by - Dairy King on 6/19/2003 6:32:19 PM

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 07:49:01 PM »
Dairy King, you MUST put your SSB stories in your site! They're so cool! I love your artwork, too! That is just so amazing....ever thought about making a Flash movie on these things? They're so awesome!(I saw this on your site)

"We came in to this world as muppets, look in to these eyes-you see that they''re googly.
Big Bird''s in his nest, Oscar''s in his can, Ernie''s a guy that lives with another man..."
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 07:52:27 PM »
I don't know how to make flash movies.

Either way, I''m still a cad! I hate everybody! Yaaarrrgh!
-Wario

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 08:16:41 PM »
Uhh.. Nothing new tonight.. Both combatants are realy shy... *snicker, snicker*

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2003, 08:35:43 PM »
KtR- Welcome back! Now, we know you all have been waiting for what seems DAYS now, but your patients has paid off! The final fight of the night!!
MB: Introducing first, in the red corner, the man in green, Luuuiiigii!!!
*crowd cheers*
and in the blue corner, Dreamland's hometown hero, Kiiiirrrby!!!
*crowd cheers louder*
KtR- Ok, tonight main event is finally underway! Both combatants rush to the center! Luigi throws a fireball, hitting Kirby! He's not gonna take that one sitting down! He swollows Luigi! Thats the Copy ability! Now they're evenly matched! Kirby uses his Final Cutter, a 3-hit combo!  Luigi fights back with a Super Jump Punch! Oh wow! Being in close range gave Luigi the strength to do a Fire Jump Punch! Neat! Kirby's really damaged now! Luigi has a Paper Fan! He's really slapping the heck out of Kirby! He goes for the KO.... BOOM! KO number 1! Kirby respawns with 1 minute left! He attacks with the Rock Transformation!
Kirby- Do you smell what I'm cookin'? (sorry, I had to put that.)
KtR- Now back into serious mode! Kirby hasn't scored a hit since he un-transformed!! Its like he's not trying anymore! Luigi has amassed a serious amount of damage! He ko's Kirby once more!
*crowd boos*
KtR- And thats it! TIME!
MB- Here is your winner... Luuuiiigiii!!!!!!
*crowd boos*
KtR- The crowd seems to be upset that Kirby just quit trying.. I wonder what his motive was?
*Later, after the match*
Kirby- All right. I lost the match. Where's my repayment?
?????- Right here....*Shoves mound of food in Kirby's  mouth* Now scram! Ah ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!

-----
Brought to you by Fungi Forums Broadcasting.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 08:02:04 PM »
I hope Kirby's not working for a sort of Corporation. (like Vince McMahon's corporate ministry.)

I''''m a Mario and Sonic rube!

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2003, 01:01:16 PM »
Dairy King, why did you post that picture of Luigi beating up Mario? Don't you know that Mario is better than his bro?

"I am not going on a diet!"
Deezer was here.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2003, 01:39:44 PM »
Because thats the only animation I have uploaded right now that deals with SSB. I also have another one, but it's not uploaded.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 08:18:16 PM »
Well, upload it!!!!!!!!

"I am not going on a diet!"
Deezer was here.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2003, 10:10:32 AM »
That is getting cool. Dairy King you king you know that movie you put on the biggining of this post it was Luigi V.S Mario and Luigi did his blastoff and then a super jump punch where did you get that? I want to kno because I was wondering if I could save it on my computer i like it.
Kick Dr. Mario out of town because Dr. Wario is in da house!

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2003, 02:06:11 PM »
Ok, if you read the third post in the topic you'll find out who made it. You can get it at www.geocities.com/dairy_king43338/MarioVSLuigi.gif. Copy that into your web browser. Then right click it and save.
I forgot to put the .gif after the file name! Whoops!

Edited by - Dairy King on 7/28/2003 10:52:39 AM

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2003, 05:56:41 PM »
How come every1 hates Mario!?

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2003, 06:08:07 PM »
We don't. We just like Luigi better.

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2003, 06:12:29 PM »
Why? Mario is the one who was created first and he revolutionized gaming, not Luigi.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 11:46:46 AM »
Relax, I was joking.

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2003, 07:51:32 PM »
KtR: Helloo~o folks! Sorry for not having a fight for a while but, we were.. Uh.. Yeah. Any hoo, I'm wanting to get back on track with this here fan-fic! So let's recap!
Fox-1st Round Winner
Mario-2nd Round Winner
Dr. Mario-3rd Round Winner
Luigi- 4th Round Winner
Correct? Ok!
Bowser, Link, umm... and Kirby are out! Who did Dr. Mario fight? Was it Mewtwo? I think it was. Correct? Ok!
Next time, we'll be live from lovely Planet Zebes, in exotic Kraid's Lair! See you soon!

Happy for an update? I know you are.

If I can''t play video games in heaven, I''m not going!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2003, 01:26:56 AM »
Update, please.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
...v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
Oh, and Lizard Dude:"And there was this great Food Festival! Did you know that food this and food that...."-jon
Please unban me from #tmk. I promise to stop being so annoying.

Print