Print

Author Topic: Gods... (SPM Spoilers)  (Read 6443 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 01:47:45 AM »
I don't think the Mushroom World has a "religion" per say, but noticing their occasional mention of star spirits, it's safe to assume that the people of the Mushroom World worship the stars as spiritual guardians.  And it should come as little to no surprise, considering starmen grant temporary invincibility to those that touch them.
I close this by saying that most of the inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom are probably spiritual, but not religious.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »
Well, how do you explain mushrooms causing sudden growth, or green ones giving someone an "extra life"? I mean, eating mushrooms to gain an extra shot at reincarnation seems rather religious to me, in a "cult" kind of way.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 08:53:46 AM »
But it's the MUSHROOM Kingdom.  The land is bound to be native to many different mushroom species with different special properties; healing (super mushrooms in the RPGs), growth (super mushrooms in the classic 2D platformer), revival (green mushrooms, better known as 1-ups, in the platformers and some RPGs, and health shrooms[?] in the Paper Mario games), etc.  Revival is not necessarily the same as reincarnation.  In SPM dieing is referred to as Game Over.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »
Funny how throughout the whole game, denizens of the many worlds say "game end" or something like that yet when you face Dimentio in the final battle, he actually says Count Bleck is "dying", not "his game is ending".

I do so love the music in The Overthere. it's very calming for some reason.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »
Oh please, it's not like there's a part in the game where Mario prays or anything.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 10:26:29 PM »
^ But when he invokes the power of the Star Spirits in Paper Mario, he does a praying pose.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print