Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 30242 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2007, 01:53:49 AM »
Ah, yes. It is so.

I forgot about those.  Ah, good ol' SMRPG....
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2007, 05:09:29 PM »
Toad, SMW was re-done in another SMA treatment, it had a diffrent luigi! It had the SMB trilogy and SMW!!

No, it wasn't.. Super Mario All*stars was released in two different versions: the one with SMW, and the one without SMW. The one without SMW is the more common one, and the one with SMW is rare.

Anyway, I am aware of the different Luigi. Luigi is not just a palette swap of Mario in the rare version of All*stars, and they redid the sprite also in the GBA version of SMW.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2007, 07:47:40 PM »
No they didn't, It's just the Luigi sprites from the SMAS SMB2.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2007, 07:52:34 PM »
1. It's Super Mario All-Stars, and the acronym is SMAS.
2. SMW:SMA2 does not use the same Luigi sprite as SMAS+SMW, and it isn't the Luigi sprite from SMAS-SMB2.
That was a joke.

Sqrt2

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2007, 03:45:37 AM »
I don't think nintendo will release a GBA/DS remake of SMRPG but rather that it'll be available on the Wii's Virtual Console for download.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »
Precisely.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »
That'll happen, but I won't be downloading it on account of, my SNES does the justice. But I can't take my SNES or Wii out of the house.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2007, 07:12:05 PM »
YOU FIGHT FOR THE JUSTICE ?
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:10:39 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »
That's what I'm saying! SMW GBA uses badly colered sprites from SMB2 (The All Stars Version) You ever wonder why his jump is all fluttery? Duh!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »
They're not the same. Their heads are almost the same, but not quite (the eyes are different), and the body is totally different, more similar to SMW's.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:12:52 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2007, 02:10:52 PM »
Aww mannnn. I thought I was right for once!

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
They intentionally did the bad coloring because Game Boy screens used to be so dark that washed-out colors looked normal, while "correct" colors would be very dark. Looks bad on a computer screen because of that.

Ever see one of those GBA games that came out during the SP transition? A lot of them had an option to make the colors washed out or not, depending on your system (or use of GB Player).

Now that, for instance, my DS Lite screen is brighter than my monitor (who would have ever imagined!), this is no longer neccessary.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2007, 04:24:14 PM »
Also, Luigi's flutter jump is differently animated than the SMB2 one, so yeah, you couldn't really mistake the SMA2 sprites for the SMB2 sprites.
That was a joke.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2007, 01:16:48 AM »
Wait, hold on.... Luigi's sprites were different in the SMAS + SMW and just plain SMAS cartridges?!  (Didn't know that...)  Anyway, if this is true, I'll have to compare my "common" cart with my friend's "rare" cart.  I think he has a whole bunch of rare SNES stuff and doesn't know it...
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Print