Print

Author Topic: Ever had a crush on a videogame character?  (Read 112160 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »
I've always considered this topic to be Steven9Wii's (actually successful) stealth-parody of other similar topics, so it pains me when I see a straightforward "I HAVE A CRUSH ON THESE CHARACTERS" post.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2009, 06:13:59 PM »
MP1 Samus reminds me of Jessica Steen.

She should play her if they make a movie. Not that they should make one.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »
I don't know, Samus kind of creeps me out in all of those. First one looks robotic (is her left eye inset too much or does she just have an unusually long eyebrow?), second and third ones are slightly better but ruined by how I apparently don't care for bright blond hair. Fusion suit looks good though (I do like blue), not undignified like the Zero Suit. I preferred Samus's face in the Nintendo Power comics. Yeah the blue/violet hair's kind of weird, but she just looks more normal.

Maybe we were better off never seeing Samus's face.

Also, although Fara Phoenix was never a videogame character (just an extra in the Star Fox comic), I had to bring it up because TV Tropes says her last name is pronounced like "fennecs". Took me a while to understand that. Yeah, I guess you could pronounce it like that, Fara Fennecs. But I don't know where on earth that bit of trivia came from, certainly never from within the comic. Screw that, I'm saying it like Phoenix. Like Squeenix but with an F.

I forget if I ever mentioned Jade from "Beyond Good & Evil" or Amaterasu from "Okami". I didn't have a crush on them, but admired them for being strong and for being in two great games.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2009, 10:53:57 AM »
Penguinwizard I would appreciate it if you didn't objectify women in this topic please.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2009, 11:12:09 AM »
Regarding "fennecs", it's because Fara is supposed to be a fennec. But I guess you understand that? I'm not sure.
That was a joke.

« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »
I agree with Glorb on this one. Penguinwizard, it's offensive and morally degrading to judge a woman by her admirability or strength of character. What really matters is whether she's hot.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2009, 01:12:10 PM »
"Sculptor Criticized for Turning Women into Objects"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2009, 05:24:53 PM »
Amaterasu was female? I must have missed that.

« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »
Hey, you know who really has a crush on a videogame character?

Thwomp

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2009, 07:45:44 PM »
Post of the day.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »
Ever had a videogame character on a Crush? I have.

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2009, 11:16:40 PM »
Ever had a crush on orange soda?

Kel had a crush on orange soda.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2009, 11:27:50 PM »
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:33:13 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »
Different thread. It still works.

Great minds think alike. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print