Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478372 times)

« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2005, 11:46:40 PM »
The "lives" that are lost when you lose are hypothetical. The "Life" that actually happens is the one in which Mario wins.

Kind of like games with multiple endings, that have a sequel. The "Good" ending is always canonical.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2005, 02:09:23 AM »
Not always. Think Starfox 64/ Lylat Wars. The good ending isn't observed, no matter how many times I wish it was. :(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2005, 01:49:58 PM »
Um, there is a final ending to Star Fox 64.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2005, 07:32:01 PM »
That reminds me of a crazy short story in the game.  When I first tried to get a medal on every level on Hard, I hard a really tought time (duh), but the last level almost got me.  I had killed enough enemies, and all I had to do was finish off Andross and exit the tunnel and I would finally unlock the best stuff of the game.  So I I have one life remaining and I finally beat Andross and get ready to go through the tunnel.  This time was much harder than before and it seemed like I had to fly through it faster than before.  My ship kept crashing into walls, and flashing red with scary sirens blaring.  Health was falling drastically, and I was scared out of my wits.  If I got a Game Over now, I would have to start all over again (I so hate that part of the game) and do the terrible mission again.  Soon, both my wings were gone, I only had one piece of health left, and my ship was flashinga and ready to blow.  Only a few more turns to go until the end and... I got blow'd up!! Slippy: "NOOOOOOOOOO *squeaks* OOOOOOOO *coughs and chokes* OOOOOOOOOO *burps* OOOOOOO *glass shatters* OOOOOO!" *passes out*  Actually, I just barely made it out alive.  Scariest video game moment ever. 
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2005, 08:58:29 PM »
Yeah I remember when I first did that...

But we're getting off topic.

« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2005, 11:20:09 PM »
But, aren't there two endings? Y'know, the brain or the bot? I'm not getting any more specific than that...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2005, 12:15:27 AM »
The hard route ending is the canon ending.
If you notice, James disappears as soon as he flies out of the tunnel.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:17:06 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2006, 02:23:40 PM »
Hello, sorry for bumping this, but I want to know about Yoshi's Inland about being after SMW and all the stuff like that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2006, 02:28:40 AM »
Yoshi's Island happened before Donkey Kong, but the technology for us to see it didn't happen until after SMW.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2006, 02:13:37 PM »
I have a question. How come Yoshi has infinite Eggs in SSBM, but you have to eat enemies in YI to get eggs?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2006, 05:54:12 PM »
Just an in game thing.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2006, 05:26:12 PM »
He also gets infinite eggs from Egg Blocks. Well, 6 at a time, but it never runs out. He doesn't have to eat an enemy to get eggs.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2006, 07:17:16 PM »
Well yeah, but there are also no egg blocks in SSBM.
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2006, 12:24:53 AM »
True, but pretty much ALL the characters pull something out of thin air. Like how cartoons do that with giant mallets and whatnot.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2006, 01:38:26 AM »
Let's see.
Mario & Luigi get infnite freballs, which wouldbe natural if they were fiery. Dr. Mario gets infinite megavitamins, but he also does in Dr. Mario... Link & Young link get infinite bombs & arrows, and if they lose their boomerang they always have a backup. Sheik never runs out of needles. Yoshi never runs out of eggs, as we've established. Peach pulls out infinite veggies without grass being visible before pulling. The pokemon never run out of PP. Mr. G&W never runs out of sausages (oh wait, he doesn't in chef ether.), Fox & Falco's guns never run out of ammo*, Kirby never runs out of final cutters, but the blue thingy you see fly off is probably a sonic wave. Samus doesn't run out of missiles or beams, or those little v+B bombs*. Ness doesn't run out of his powers*, and I think that's about it. My conclusion: SSBM is awesome.

*if they don't run out even in the main games, that's my bad.
It's YOUR problem!

Print