Print

Author Topic: The Different Species in PM2  (Read 3842 times)

« on: July 10, 2005, 10:57:26 PM »
Those of you who were lucky enough to play the fabulous game, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, must have noticed all the strange new species in the game.  It added so much variety to the game (which is one reason I really liked it).  Here you can discuss these species and where they might have originated from, or if they are related to any of the other Mario species.  I can name a ton of new species right now, but I'll just start off with one.  Doopliss.  Freak in a sheet, ghost, strange wizard?  I'm not sure.  Could Doopliss be related to Boos considering he lives with them?  He was a very strange character...

"Lord Bowser, do you like egg salad?" ~ Kammy Koopa - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 7/10/2005 9:58:30 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:10:23 AM »
Ummm....Doopliss isn't a new species. He's a Duplighost, which appeared in the first Paper Mario in the Crystal Palace.

The only MAJOR species additions I can think of are the Punies, Twilighters, and X-Nauts. There's a lot of new enemies, but that's not really new to the Mario RPG series. SMRPG had much wackier characters than Paper Mario 2.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 01:14:01 AM »
Really?  Oh.  See, I never really got that far on Paper Mario.  Hardly ever played it, so I never found him.

But anyways, the Shadow Sirens (which I'm pretty sure haven't really had any grand appearances in any other Mario games) were amazing to me.  The way they moved, and everything.

>There's a lot of new enemies, but that's not really new to the Mario RPG series.

????????

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 7/11/2005 12:23:27 AM

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 04:50:08 AM »
The Punies were way cool. I liked the Russian Bob-ombs, too. :)
What are the Doogans and Craws (I think that's what they were called) from?

Edited by - Jeff Ehinger on 7/11/2005 3:51:02 AM

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:28:27 AM »
>There's a lot of new enemies, but that's not really new to the Mario RPG series.

What I meant by that is that they always have to come up with many new enemies to fight in the RPG games.

I think the Doogans are new as well, but I think I've seen the Craws somwhere else....I just can't place my finger on what.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »
X-Nauts. Period. They're so stupid and so awesome at the same time. When they attack, it looks like they charge up and launch a fury of punches at Mario. So I call it Super Rage Fury. X-Nauts are by far my favorite new characters.

I'm a-Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 07:58:21 PM »
From what I've seen in the game, I think that Mario fellow is odd, what with that red color on his head all the time.  And that brown streak below his nose that looks like it's made out of hundreds of small hairs.  Imagine!  Hair on a face?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 12:28:55 AM »
I think I heard somewhere that badge seller in Toad Town in the first game was a Doogan. I'm not sure. And flurrie is something new, right? The Twilighter also called themselves humans (weird humans...)

Personally, I like the punies the most. They're so adorable and I imagine they have these really squeaky voices.

Random Anime Quote:
(Looking serious) "Well Sumomo is programed to...(no longer serious)Sumomo is programed to dance whenever she''''s on standby!"--Sumomo. Chobits episode 23
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »
This seems like a perfect moment to do some shameless advertising ^_^.  Blue Toad, if you're interested in stuff like origins of races and stuff like that, then you might wanna check out my Mariology site: http://kamikazekoopa.proboards38.com/

Or at least my Mariology thread here in the Fungi Forums.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 12:13:40 PM »
Rowlf and his son (the badge sellers from Paper Mario) were the first Doogans.

Flurrie always struck me as being from Nimbus Land (in SMRPG).

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 10:55:30 PM »
Speaking of Rowf, didn't he say that he has a wife travelling abroad? You don't suppose it's Ms. Mowz, do you? I mean, the names are similar, the occuption is similar... But then again, she's Ms. Mowz, not Mrs. Mowz, and she flirts a lot to be married. Just something I've been thinking about since PM:TTYD came out.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 11:07:03 PM »
Yeah, plus Ms. Mowz seems kind of like a mysterious stranger that flirts and flies.

Cool, kamikaze!  I might look into it.

X-Nauts and Shadow Sirens should appear in more games (or at least more Paper Mario games).  Does anyone think there will be any more Paper Mario games, or would that be a little too much?

Edited by - The Blue Toad  on 7/12/2005 10:08:23 PM

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 02:15:42 AM »
Hey- can someone shed some light on the Shadow Sirens? I'm thinking of making a game centred around them- I've got the resources. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 04:06:36 AM »
I'm guessing X-nauts are new. Goombella is a girl version of a goomba.

I Heart my best friend...Mario!

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 09:11:47 AM »
The new Bob-omb species are cool, all the different colors...Bobbery rocks.

Print