Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 225785 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2009, 04:21:44 PM »
Heck, that could've passed as an Angst Thread post.

Okay, it's been a while, but I've decided to just go with mentioning the dreams that really stick with me:

--This wasn't a recurring dream, per se, but the basic, uh, "plot" of it continued into a dream a day or two later (this was within last week). In one of the rare occasions that a dream outwardly seems to be related to my life/current events, I think what the basic gist was was that my friend, whose name is Michael and actually looks somewhat like Michael Jackson, was killed by the King of Pop himself on... June 25. In the second dream, I eventually learned that my friend was alive and well, but had become black and was set to marry his girlfriend (or some girl).

--Last night, I believe this one was (and also, a minor night terror, but we won't talk about that)... All I really recall is that I went through a sped-up process of knowing, becoming attracted to, and eventually entering a relationship with a girl, who I think looked somewhat akin to a teenage version of Lauren Holley. A mere day after we offically became boy/girlfriend, though, she showed up looking plain-at-best, and rather nonchalant about it, at that (explaining away her previous red-headness, etc. as a one-time thing). I wouldn'tve totally minded that she changed one of the main reasons I was drawn to her, but she was also acting a little less, well, nice. The remainder of the dream pretty much consisted of me awkwardly trying to terminate the relationship (and I did).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #766 on: July 10, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »
Yesterday I had a dream wherein I was reunited with one of my female friends, whom I have not seen in person IRL since the beginning of summer. We ran up to each other and hugged like it was some sort of sappy romantic comedy, though sans slo-mo. And then the neighborhood we were in got taken over by scary naked pasty zombie-looking dudes (obviously influenced by my recent playings of the Penumbra games). My friend attempted to take out a zombie  behind my by throwing a wrench, but I, for some reason, ignored her command to duck, and got hit in the face and woke up.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #767 on: July 10, 2009, 11:46:12 AM »
My dream had Guybrush Threepwood and several other characters from other things in it. It also had some teleportation thing being botched and me ending up in some sort of crappy CGA-looking game menu.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #768 on: July 10, 2009, 01:00:05 PM »
So that's what CGA stands for...
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #769 on: July 12, 2009, 12:53:00 AM »
I had a dream that there was this blind guy who would make video replies to people's poop videos telling them how much he liked listening to them go to the bathroom.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #770 on: July 12, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
Well, last night, I had the first "long" dream I can recall in quite a while. There's a ton of details I probably forgot, but I'll try to piece it together.

I was outside my house. It's summer, and the sun was beginning to set, so naturally, there were bugs flying around outside. When I went back in, I apparently held the door open for a few seconds too long, and a bee flew in. This was no ordinary bee, though. It could TALK! My brother went in the bathroom to wash some dirt off his hands, and I sort of cooly walked past, listening to him talking to it. The bathroom's walls were also distinctly more green than usual. I went somewhere else in the house and opened a door, but for some reason, it opened on the hinges side. I was like "what."

I suddenly became a spy on a mission for the government in a foreign country I'm pretty sure was North Korea. I rode a bike down a street, looking for this one place I was supposed to go to. I don't remember what I did there, but I eventually found myself in our base. I was looking at a screen with another person that showed a satellite image of an area on Earth that sort of looked like the Arabian Peninsula. I knew it wasn't that, though - most of the landscape was green, except for a certain patch that looked more deserty, as well as two similar tiny patches to the northwest of it. The other agent beside me, who wore what looked like a white lab coat, pointed to that larger desert area and said something of particular significance that I forgot.

I can't remember if I was still supposed to be a spy for this part, but something eventually led me to a steel dome in the middle of the ocean. There was a girl in here who had apparently spent a considerable amount of her life alone in this dome. The interior was fairly dark, and had dark blue-green walls and floor that seemed to be made of stone. There was a small desk and lamp next to a bed in one corner.

What happened there is fuzzy, too, but I think I got that girl somewhere else, most likely via an unseen airplane, and I was waiting at the airplane's landing point, which looked a lot like a giant tennis court, complete with a huge white line that I and several other people were lined up on. The girl seemed to have disappeared, but I was still standing there, and eventually everyone on that line started moving in single file. I turned around and saw one of my friends, who shall be named M, talking with someone else while we were moving. I joined in the conversation for a while.

Another abrupt focus change took me to a place where I was visiting the website Super Mario Legacy as if it were a house, complete with some form of virtual reality software that let me "move" by moving the mouse and such. The house had walls, ceiling, and floors that were all sorts of pastel colors and seemed to be made out of something that resembled legos.

Well. I'm sure there was more, but dreams are like that. I had another dream a few days ago, in fact, about some sort of contest at another site that we were making a Super Mario World ROM hack about, and I didn't remember I had the dream at all when I woke up until something reminded me of it while I was eating breakfast.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #771 on: July 20, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »
This was one of the most epic dreams I've had in a while. Too bad I had to wake up to hear that I should get cracking on my summer homework.

It all started when me and my friends visited a mall at nighttime. There was some kind of event going on where people were setting up booths and selling stuff. We checked out different booths. I went to one where this lady was selling pottery. There was this distinctly colored blue-and-purple clay jar whose colors made it seem to almost glow, and I really liked it. I saw the lady selling this stuff explain one of her other creations to another bystander. It was a miniature house of some kind, and she said it had magical effects. I thought, Witchcraft? I asked her if there was anything magical about this jar, and she said no, but I didn't want to take my chances, so I put it back.

We were about to leave the mall, but I could see some kind of commotion going on in the parking lot, with police cars with flashing lights and everything. Another real-life friend I shall call A (not to be confused with the A who appeared in my dreams on December 31st and January 2nd) turned toward me and said, "Follow me." I obeyed. It seemed like my brother was here too, but I can't exactly remember. Me and possibly my brother followed her up some stairs and into a room in the mall, which was now beginning to look less like a mall and more like some kind of odd, dream-like building. She opened a door cleverly concealed to look like it was part of the wall, and we entered a room that contained a stage, lit by only a few lights situated on that stage. We climbed onto the stage, and she removed another board on the wall on its left side to lead us into yet another secret room.

It was dark as well, and looked like a very small bedroom, with brown wooden walls, a dark magenta carpet, and a bed with a gold-colored sheet that took up nearly 3/4ths of the room. A kneeled down next to the front-left corner of the bed and pulled up the corner of the sheet, revealing a golden container with a combination lock. "Solve this," she told me. I was shocked. I said something like, "I don't think I want to do this." We then heard commotion from one of the rooms outside - apparently the police had chased us here. I asked, "Did you think I'd want to break into this safe once you revealed it to me?" I can't remember what she said, but some weird dreamy images came up, like a small glass window in cement, that was supposed to be us escaping from the mall or whatever it was now.

Once we got outside, it turned into day, and the chase spontaneously turned into me sitting in some kind of car watching the police officers trying to shoot down an escaping penguin running along some railroad tracks up a peninsula I visited on vacation a few weeks back. For whatever reason. They shot it several times, but it kept on going. I thought, Didn't that hurt?, giving absolutely no thought to the fact that it should've been DEAD a long time ago. Eventually, it got away, and I stopped. I walked back in the direction I came a few paces, and there were some characters I think were from Shrek standing on a back patio-esque deck. Below and in front of this deck was a creature that looked something like a cross between a miniature Jabba the Hutt and a pile of applesauce. It said something, but I either I can't remember what it was, or I just didn't understand it.

The chase somehow expanded, and my friends returned. We were running around a maze being chased by who-knows-what characters. The maze seemed to have themes; I saw a red water tower at one point, a forest, and a castle. It was all in a particular art style, like it was one of those search-and-find children's books. Oh, and it had turned into night again, with the sky just being pure black like you'd expect from that illustration style.

Sometime during this whole maze chase, I dropped into a SMB2-esque jar with a blue background. The walls and floor were made of the orange bricks from the SMA4 Ghost House tileset. It was no longer me, but seemed to be me playing a video game more along the lines of Super Mario Bros. 3. There was a horizontal pipe sticking out of the left side with some blocks in front of it. I (or rather, Mario) removed these blocks, intending to go in the pipe, but a ton of Needlenoses (from Yoshi's Island) shot out of it, and I was hit by one, lost a life, and got a Game Over.

Mario appeared on some kind of map screen. This was apparently all part of a video game, and its map screen was something of a cross between Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World - flat, SMB3-like landmasses and graphics, but paths like SMW. Mario was standing on the southern part of a large green island at the left side of the large map - not the left side of the screen, as this map was very large and bigger than the screen in all directions. I tried finding that level again so I could see what was in that pipe. I entered a level near my initial position, and it was a similar "jar", except the background was like the SMA4 Ghost House as well. I knew that wasn't what I was looking for, so I exited the level and tried looking in some other locations. A pipe on the map screen took me to another island with a small group of twisting, vertically oriented paths. I tried going in a few more pipes and checking out more levels, but I couldn't find the one I was looking for.

Then I woke up. I remembered this dream pretty well. Plot structure-wise, it's nothing unusual for me, although the plot itself and what I saw in the dream was pretty memorable. A would never take advantage of me to steal money...well, she wouldn't steal money, period. We're not close friends or anything, but I know her better than that. :P
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #772 on: July 26, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »
Austin (Captain Jim) had his driver's license. I was in the passenger's seat when small ramps began to appear on the right side of the road. He edged over to jump them--I doot-doo'd a bit of the Big Blue theme. Suddenly the road was more like a twisty turny and frikkin' scary mine cart track, and worse, Austin was driving as fast as his mom. And there were jumps from one to another. I was screaming in terror and the road came to a point where there was a jump, but nothing but a dirt road in a field way below it. I closed my eyes--I was sure we'd die. But we landed and I didn't even feel it.
"I dunno how to drive this part," says Austin, so he gets a bike out of the back of the car. Like, not even a tandem bike--it was a standard, shabby black bike with one seat and a teddy bear to support the rider's back. It crashed at a point and had to be reassembled. This field with the dirt road was pretty big, and the weather matched that of the desert I live in, but there was also a city visible nearby.
We came to a hill's edge, left the bike and descended. It was a movie theater. There were about a hundred and fifty people cosplaying as characters they wanted in the next Smash Bros. The main standouts were a Ryu, a Little Mac, and a Ninten. There was also a Pit, who was worried about him being dropped and also wanted to represent how the "starring characters" care about the "auditioning ones." The best costumes were going to take a bus to Sakurai. I told Pit "Stand up for Little Mac, would you?"
There were booths and things around, too. One was a large truck (like a box car from a train) from some milk company. I heard mooing and machinery from inside. We got free, fresh ice cream. I crushed a cookie and put that in mine.
I say to Austin, "I don't wanna climb that hill. I don't wana ride that bike to your car, either."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #773 on: July 26, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »
"I dunno how to drive this part" is an amazingly awesome thing to say.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #774 on: July 26, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm a Scout and my friend Josh is a Sniper (despire the fact that he does not play TF2 ever), and we're the only members of the Red team while Blue has like sixteen people. The map we're on, for some reason, has each team in a self-contained bubble, so neither can kill each other. Josh and I spend like two hours attempting an exploit where we can enter the other team's bubble. Catching the other team off-guard, we drive around on this little square scooter thing and slaughter the other team (apparently there are no respawns), cheering at our superior tactics. Then we got shot and died.
every

« Reply #775 on: July 26, 2009, 08:46:34 PM »
I had a dream last night this dog attacked my dog and killed it.  I proceeded to rip this dogs jaw off and throw it over the top of this skyscraper we were on top of...  pretty messed up dream.
I only watch [adult swim]

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #776 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:32 PM »
I ended up in a room somewhere with a SNES and a TV. At this point, things were supposed to be mostly normal, I think; my brothers and sister had gone to sleep and this was our SNES, which they had been playing a little earlier. I noticed that we had two Mario All-Stars cartridges -- one was just the regular SMAS cart, and the other had a different label and the title "Super Mario Collection" or some such, and I somehow knew instantly that this was the Japanese version or something. I also saw that we had two SMRPG carts, and one one the label was just the 3D rendered Mario against a white background.

I turned on the TV and some kind of Little House on the Prairie-esque movie or show came on. It was close to the end, but I instinctively knew what had happened, and the plot of the movie mapped itself out on a big electronic display inside of my eyes. Apparently this kid, who was kind of me, had lost his dog in town or had seen someone else's lost dog and wanted to rescue it. The rest of the town had found out about it and all of them, led by the annoying evil schoolmarm, were all cheerfully trying to kill the dog. The kid ended up saving the dog himself and then I became the king of that land, ruling from my college dorm, and issued a proclamation that dogs were good and shouldn't be killed. I took three or four adjectives describing dogs (which I can't remember now) and put parts of them together to make a new word for dogs.

While I was still king, something similar happened, and I needed to come up with another stupid portmanteau word. I had four adjectives that needed to be used for some reason, and I couldn't get them to sound right together, so I gave up. My brother or advisor or something tried to come up with a good one, but when I checked up on him an hour later, he and his team didn't have anything.

After a while, I was on a beach with my son watching a NASA rocket blast off to the moon while a weird thing that looked like a blimp with a face instead of a balloon was preparing to go to Mars. As I woke up, I explained to my son why privately-owned open-source rockets are more efficient than government rockets.

Also, a few nights ago, I had a dream that had something to do with Sarah Palin, an arcade game, and the prices of textbooks in Africa. I don't remember why those things were related.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #777 on: August 05, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
Super Mario Collection is the Japanese SMAS, you know.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #778 on: August 05, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
Wait, did I write that? I meant to write Super Mario Gallery, I think. I don't think I even knew that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #779 on: August 07, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
I was trying to get into #tmk while playing a demo of a Wii game where you play a 10-year-old girl who runs for president. There were about a dozen different rooms to choose from in #tmk, each of which had a different name and a different little video that indicated what the current topic was supposed to be. I picked the one whose topic was trucks, because the truck in the video was a Suburban that looked exactly like one I used to have. Nobody in the room was someone I recognized from here, and everyone's name had lots of weird symbols in them, like hearts and stick figures. The first message that someone said when I went in there was "I can't believe we just finished going from talking about trucks to boobies." I went back to the Wii game for a while, figuring I'd find some point to jump into the conversation later.

After mostly playing around with the interface of the game and realizing the demo wouldn't let me do anything, I went back to my computer and saw that I had been disconnected. I reconnected, and this time I went to the "General Mario Chat" room on the list, which I think had some names I recognized. While I waited, I walked into another room and looked out the window. I realized how late I had been staying up when I saw the sun rising. I pulled out my DSi to get a picture of it, and suddenly the Supreme Court appeared outside, and I was outside too. Some people were moving something really big down the street, obstructing the view of most buildings, and I overheard them saying that they wished all buildings in Washington, DC looked more like the Supreme Court. A disembodied woman was telling whoever was listening that during the Watergate impeachment trial, the justices on the Supreme Court saw themselves only as arbiters, not as deciders, but that things had changed since then, and now, if there were another impeachment trial, the Supreme Court had increased in influence enough that they'd be more proactive. Then Obama came up and asked me to get in his limo. I did, trying to snap a few more pictures of the sunrise as we drove away.

We pulled up to the White House, and then we drove back and forth a few times, picking up and dropping off some stuff, and then we were in front of the White House and about to go inside. I considered asking him if it was okay for me to take pictures of stuff with my DSi, but then I decided it would be better if he didn't even know I had such a small camera. He went inside and I waited outside for some reason. The First Lady, who for some reason wasn't Michelle, came out and asked me if it would be all right if I made some tea. I said I would, and she threw some paper Cup Noodle cups at me, which landed overhanging the edge of a trash can filled with dirty water (presumably I was also supposed to make some ramen to go with the tea). I tried to get the cups, but they immediately fell into the dirty water.

None of that made any sense at all.

Print