Print

Author Topic: The Prophecy  (Read 65876 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »
^_^

Once again, I'm speechless! Thank you so much! Oh, and you spelled exquisite correctly. :)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2003, 08:29:00 PM »
Good Idea Mario maniac. Although I wish Peach didn't have to die in the movie. Among Mario fans, this could be a box office smash.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »
Really? You guys think so?
^_^ Man, that would be so awesome!

(To be honest, that would be an amazing dream come true! I've actually thought about what it would be like if this were to become a movie! (Just a crazy, random dream floating in the back of my mind)...Of course, I'd have to direct it or oversee it or something to make sure Hollywood (or whoever) didn't alter it too much. Gah! Remakes of novels just change them too much.)

Oh, on a side note, if they ever decided to make another Mario movie again, it'd HAVE to be in 3-D animation, just like the VGs are. Definitely NOT real life *cough* SMB:tM *cough*, and cartoon format just doesn't seem like it'd fit the modern Mario style anymore. (...I've wanted to make a comment about Mario movie changes/suggestions for a long time, completely unrelated to this story, of course.) :)

--------------------

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »
What happened to this wonderful story? Sapphira, please post some more of your story!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »
I'm working on it, still; don't worry. :)

Chapters 1-9 were already 100% ready to go before I posted them, and 10-12 (the rest of Part 1) just needed some alterations. The rest of the story TOTALLY needs to be edited and revised. Takes about 2 weeks per chapter now.

I know that's a long time, but you want it to be the best it can, right? Please be patient. :)

--------------------

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »
Woohoo! Man, you got lucky!
I actually JUST finished CH 14! ...Although I divided it into 2 chapters, which I wasn't planning to do. It was longer in length than I thought it was, that's why. If it weren't for that, it would've been a while longer.

Anyhoo, enjoy! ;)  ...The second chapter of Part 2...

Chapter 14: Inquietude
--------------------

It was dark. Shadows enveloped the young Melony everywhere. Unable to see, her big blue eyes squinted in the darkness. Suddenly a loud blood-curdling scream echoed throughout the void. It shrieked for help.
“No…! No…please…! Noo…!!!”
There was a sharp metallic slice. Silence. A deep, heinous voice laughed menacingly. More screams came. Hundreds. Thousands. More sounds of slicing. Melony stood in the darkness, frozen with terror.

“Run…” she heard something whisper. With of all her small strength, she fled away from the horrid screams and sounds, her little heart pounding from within her chest. Suddenly something grabbed her from behind. She tried to scream, but nothing came out. Her eyes widened in sheer terror as she watched a sharp dagger plunge to her throat…

Melony awoke with a gasp. Sweat beaded her forehead, her breathing in short, shaky gasps. She felt her throat. Nothing. It was fine.

It was a dream, just a dream.

Slowly Melony sat up, careful not to wake her sister in the bunk above. Shakily she walked over and climbed onto the wind sill. Holding her Yoshi doll close, she gazed up at the many stars in the twilight sky. She curled herself into a ball and cried softly.

------------------------
Luigi flew silently through the night sky. How he hoped Mario would listen to him. Sighing heavily, he glanced at his watch. 3:37. He had to get back soon.
Peach’s Castle soon came into view. Their haven looked so eroded and terrible. It was startling to think that nearly fifty refugees, including him, could safely survive there. But how long would it last…?
Luigi shuddered, suppressing the horrid thought. Nearing the crumbling, yet still solid doors, he prepared to land. Suddenly he gasped. Three Koopatrols were loitering aimlessly around the side of the castle. Quickly he tried to avoid them, but it was too late; they had already seen him.

“What’s that?!” one of them shouted.
“It’s a person, you idiot! Get him!”
Luigi cringed. Immediately the three rushed toward him. Thinking quickly, he kicked them in the faces as he landed, causing them to topple to the ground in an almost comical fashion.

They recovered quickly, though. Two of the guards fiercely grabbed him, pinning him back as the other repeatedly gave blows to his stomach and face. Luigi struggled to reach his left pocket while defending himself. Suddenly he pulled out a Fire Flower and stunned the aggressor. Throwing the other two off guard, he quickly spun around and bashed their scaly heads together.

Luigi panted heavily, inspecting the unconscious Koopas. The others would have been proud of him. Shaking from the unexpected melee, he glanced at the castle’s main doors. More troops stood outside. Luigi cringed. He would have to find another way inside.

------------------------
Daisy awoke from her sleep, startled. She had heard a loud thud from outside below.
“What was that…?!” she whispered frightfully. She brusquely attuned her ears. Suddenly a loud shattering of glass echoed from outside. Daisy gasped in horror. “Oh my gosh…! Luigi, get up…! There’s someone outside…!” She heard no response. “Luigi…?” The princess quickly looked over to his side of the bed. But he was not there.

------------------------
Mario continued to sit on the rooftop, staring at Bowser’s monstrous Castle before his eyes. How torn apart he was—angry and heartbroken, stewing over what to do next. Suddenly he stood up; his face was fuming.
“Ughhh! If *I* can’t kill you, your precious child *will*! The prophecy! Listen to the prophecy! She WILL be avenged! You WILL be destroyed!”

The overwhelming rage abruptly transformed into a cold, bitter misery. He stared hopelessly at the ground below, tightly closing his eyes. Something gently floated down from the sky and landed softly near him on the rooftop. From the corner of his eye, Mario saw it land. The little Star Twink watched him silently from above.

Slowly Mario picked it up; it was an envelope. On the front was his name, beautifully scripted. He recognized this handwriting from somewhere. Carefully he opened the envelope, gently pulling out what appeared to be a letter. His eyes carefully landed upon the words.

“My dearest Mario,” He immediately tore his eyes from the stationery. It was from Peach. The terrible wounds from the dagger mercilessly ripped open once again, his heart flooding with the unbearable, painful memory. He clenched his teeth and swallowed hard.

This was too much to bear. How could he possibly read this? He shook his head in agony. He *had* to read this. Slowly he forced his eyes to meet the calligraphic words.

*I love you with all my heart. Please don’t ever think that I would not. I know you tried your very best and hardest to save me, but it is already too late. Please, please, *please* don’t go blaming yourself or anyone else. There was *nothing* that could have been done; it was inevitable.*

Mario fought back bitter sobs, choking on the terrible lump in his throat. His vision grew blurry, the words fading in and out, but he forced himself to continue.

*I have little energy left, so I will write sparingly. Please… Pray for my daughter, that she will not fall into the evil ways of the Koopas. I only hope that she will become wise and brave and strong, just as you are, my love. Please keep me dear in your heart. Please hold on without me. You must stay strong in these dark times. Don’t ever, ever lose hope. I only wish I could see you and hold you and be able to kiss you one last time. Don’t you ever give up, my love. I love you so, so much; I always will.
*Truly only yours forever,
*Peach*

Painfully Mario closed his eyes. He struggled with his utmost being to suppress the overwhelming agony welling within his soul. The hero held the letter close against his chest, forcing back tears. Softly he kissed the frail stationery, the very scent of it reminding him of his sweet princess. Very gently, he folded it and placed it back into its envelope, as if it were a flower whose fragile beauty would wither in his hands. He carefully placed it into his pocket, where it would remain safe against him.

Slowly he looked up at the dreary castle. His sharp blue eyes were terribly clouded over, seeming that his very essence had withered into a numb void of nonexistence. Sighing hopelessly, he turned away and flew off of the rooftop, far away from the castle into the starry night sky. Twink gave a weary smile and sullenly flew away, also, silent, unseen.

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »
"It's a person, you idiot! Get him!"

Oh man, that's gold. I mean, nice to see that even in such a serious story, you can pull off sporatic humor and still make it work. Opposed to me, of course, who has to compromise that "serious" feel to add humor. Of course, without humor, my style is... dull, actually.

Still, amazing.

Too long? I think all of my story's chapters were longer than that.... still, amazing. I am still astonished by your flawless presentation.

And speaking of my (new) story... I can't do ANYTHING with it after Part 1 ends (5 Chapters). Bleh. I'll figure something out.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm still reading. It's still good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »
Wow, I feel as if, I read half of a novel, lost it,found it again, and now finishing it....

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2003, 09:48:00 PM »
I might feel the same if we actually were halfway through with the story. I'm still excited about the posting of new chapters. This chapter is the closest yet to the "Left Behind" series with the "Safe House", "Strong House" issue.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »
Nice writing Sapphira! I can see you put in a couple of humorous lines in a serious story. "What's that?!""It's a person you idiot! Get him!" I wish I could have thought of that for my fanfic!
Speaking of fanfics, I just posted a new Mario fic called "The Mushroom Kingdom Conquest."

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

Edited by - Jman on 5/30/2003 12:29:49 PM

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »
This story is great! It's so well-written, so utterly perfect. It's just like reading a novel. This is definately worth having to wait for the chapters to be posted (That's the part I hate most, the waiting).

BTW love the humor, It's a person you idiot! Get him!"

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »
Yeah, I find that hilarious, man.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:54:19 PM by Jman »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2003, 11:08:00 PM »
Yes, I checked it out. :)

Heheh... You guys really liked that line, huh? Every once in a while, I'll throw in some humor (in future chapters). Very sporatic, though. :)
Thanks, guys, for all your support. I can't believe how much you all like it! ^_^

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
So, are you done with the next chapter yet? Wait! You've already written the entire story. So what I meant to say is, Are you done revising the next chapter?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:14:11 PM by Jman »

Print