Print

Author Topic: Wii Disc Drive not working well.  (Read 11445 times)

« on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:30 PM »
Yes, I know this isn't Nintendo's Support Forum, but, anybody know what I can do about the following problem?
I put my Metroid Prime 3: Corruption disc in, and the Wii starts making a strange noise. When I select the Disc Channel, the Channel Preview Screen fades out to an "A error has occured." screen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't care if I have to open my Wii, my warranty is long dead anyway. Help?

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »
Make both of your hands into fists and lightly smash the Wii between your two hands (if you've ever watched Friends, it's kind of like that one hand motion they used instead of actually flipping people off).

That is the extent of my Wii knowledge. I used that to get my Wii to work again after sending it twice to Nintendo back when Brawl first came out. Of course, I hit mine a bit harder than lightly but I was more than a bit frustrated..

Anyway, try that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »
Corruption? I think I have found the problem.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
You really should call Nintendo about your problem...they are professionals.

In the past, has your Nintendo Wii gotten knocked over or dropped? When I put a disc into the Wii, I always make sure that it's in halfway before it actually "takes it" and when the Wii does "take it" from you, be sure to let go when that happens! Also, make sure that you're not forcing the disc into the slot. This might break it. Is your Nintendo Wii standing up or laying on it's side? Try putting in another game and see if it plays. Make sure the disc is clean and dry. If the problem still persists, call Nintendo's customer service. Their phone number is in the contact link at www.Support.Nintendo.com
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 05:55:34 PM »
I did, but they say I need a repair. Toad, that has worked as a temporary fix.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:16:40 AM »
Your disc is dirty. Clean or resurface the disc.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »
Chup, I literally bought it from GameStop, brought it home, started the Wii up, and this happened.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
Ooh. You bought it at GameStop? ...Not good. I recently heard a GameStop was robbed of their Wiis a few weeks ago. If you tried everything and it still doesn't work, then you should probably send it to Nintendo. I have a GCN and it wasn't reading my game discs, so I sent it to the Nintendo repair shop or whatever it's called, and 5 days later, I received a new GameCube. It's working just find to this very day. So, send it to Nintendo.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
Do NOT call Nintendo.

Time for a long complaint!

Recently, my SSBB game has had the same thing happen-a "An error has occured" Screen pop up, in the middle of gameplay. This happens to none of my other games, so it is the disc. I call Nintendo, and they demand $80 to bring in the GAME and WII. Angry at how expensive it was, and scared they may delete data on the Wii. I cancelled.

Besides, a new Brawl game would be only $50.

That's what I'm gonna do. I recommend you do the same.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
Luigalaxy might have to do that. The Wii is different than the GCN. It's more like a PC with your personal stuff on it. If I had to send my Nintendo Wii to the repair shop, I would buy an SD card and store all my data on it, then wipe the system clean and send it away to Nintendo. If you skip that and just buy a new $250 Wii, then what will happen the old one?

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 05:16:10 PM »
Your lack of faith in sending your Wii off to Nintendo makes me sad. They did just fine with my Wii back when I sent it off for the Brawl update (or whatever it was they did). Of course, I had to send it twice becuase they didn't put the Wii back together properly (the disk drive was in there, but for whatever reason, it wouldn't take any discs, and we couldn't power the Wii down: it was perpetually on) and shipping was free since Nintendo foresaw that lots of people with Wii's were likely going to get Brawl.

I did call them and they told me to ship it again, and they would pay for it again. They were very nice the entire time. I only used my method to fix it after recieveing it back and it still behaving like it did above.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
I already have narrowed it down to sending it to Nintendo, unless I can find a tri-wing screwdriver. Of course, I need to know the price. Might call Nintendo 'bout that too.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »
Sending an expired-warranty Wii is $80 last time I checked.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 10:35:57 PM »
Tri-wing screwdrivers, on the other hand, you can get on eBay for 9¢. Or at least I did.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »
I just realized how rarely people ever type ¢.

Print