Print

Author Topic: I see why everyone hates Tubular  (Read 5651 times)

« on: August 24, 2002, 10:08:41 AM »
I need help there! I can't get past the ballon part because if you miss one ballon, or you get hit once, you're dead!

By the way, is this one called Tubular because of all the pipes there?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 11:57:56 AM »
yes...if there were less pipes they might've used tubular on a different level.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 12:53:55 PM »
They're all hilarious dated '80s phrases aren't they? Mondo! Funky! And all that. And the level is supremely difficult. I'll just check up on this, but I seem to remember you can fly over the whole d**n thing.

Edit: Yes you can. Use a cape, a blue Yoshi, a p-switch, some strategic stomping and a delicious red-shelled koopa. Good luck.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com

Edited by - Waddle_Dedede on 8/24/2002 12:04:25 PM
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2002, 01:44:00 PM »
the problem is mostly just the volcano plants for me.but since ive played the game since i was four(beleive it or not)and i kinda learned to get through it dying only 2 or three times!!!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 05:41:41 PM »
Good for you. Here, have a meat pie.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 09:16:12 PM »
How is it hard? Just fly over it!

-------
Arguing your minds to mush since August 27th, 2001.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2002, 04:57:33 PM »
Thanks, Waddle_Dedede. Because of your advice, I beat Tubular in two trys yesterday (I beat it in 40 seconds too!).

The greatness of the save system: After you beat Tubular, the game asks you if you want to save, as it is the hardest level in the game.

One more thing: You can't fly over it, you have to manuver around everything, which is-like Insane Steve said somewhere else-20 times easier with Yoshi (perferably blue).

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2002, 07:28:22 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate, I mean hate, I mean really really reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllly hate Tubular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I spent 4 and a half hours yesterday trying to maneuver all over the dang place with a P-balloon).

Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.
Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2002, 09:43:27 PM »
How many times did the timer run out?
I got it with only the P-Balloon.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2002, 05:14:05 PM »
There's a much much easier way to beat it, and all you need is a cape, a blue Yoshi, and skill.  After you have your cape and "BLUE" Yoshi, go to Tubular and hit the P-Switch.  Don't get the balloon!  Instead, Jump, and hover down, and jump on the chargin chucks and stuff until you reach solid blocks that were once coins.  Eat one of the Red Koopa Troopas to get Yoshi's wings, and then fly for the rest of the level.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2002, 07:14:49 PM »
Yeah, but it proves that I have REAL skill because I can do it all very nicely the hard way!
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2002, 05:56:51 PM »
But if you're using a red or green or yellow Yoshi, you have to swallow a red Koopa. My friend Sean says it's kinda hard, since he's played it and beaten it 5 times. :P

17''5 @-/\/\3, /\/\@R10!
17''5 @-/\/\3, /\/\@R10!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2002, 07:58:22 PM »
Blue Koopa.
BLUE Koopa.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2002, 10:25:52 PM »
*remains passive about the discussion*

Well...I beat it the ultra-hard way, in 2 tries.  Then again, I never tried flying over it.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2002, 07:37:01 AM »
What blue koopa?

Print