Print

Author Topic: Okay, it needs to be official.  (Read 10806 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »
Bogus Pokemon are much more interesting than many of the authentic ones, in my opinion.

Another Fun Fact About R/B/Y:

If you go up against Missingno, it can use Water Gun heaps of times- more than Water Gun's PP allows it to. That's because Missingno, upon being caught, has Water Gun down twice! However, there are several Missingno glitches, causing many different effects.

Yet Another Fun Fact:

Using a Gameshark, you can change your version- for example, you can get Pokemon from Blue in Red.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 11:11:02 PM »
Catching it = not good. Using it to get infinite Rare Candies, master balls and TMs = good. Only, don't use it to multiply fossils. Yeah, you can get 100+ Aerodactyl but then what? Is it worth the time? Not only that but you can only deposit 1 key item into the computer at once.

Missingno Cheat in all its glory: Talk to the man in Viridian and let him teach you to catch pokemon. Fly to Cinnabar Island. Surf along the edge, half on land and half in water. You'll find Missingno or M in no time. Also, you may find pokemon in the last area you visited, allowing you to use Master Balls on Safari Zone pokemon. Sometimes, level 126 Starmie or Golduck appear as well. Leveling them up takes them down to 100. Don't catch Missingno. The stuff's all true. I don't remember exactly what happens if you do, but I remember catching it and having to start a new game. My Hall of Fame doesn't work anymore... I don't know if that's just because I performed the glitch or if it's because I caught it on a previous file.
There is a fun trick with MissingNo. Put a candy bar as your sixth item in your bag. See MN, then RUN. You shall see that you have way more candy bars then you did last time! Time to add EXP!! And wityh this trick, I hear that you can make level 100+ pokemon.
Anyway, if you DO catch missingno, it will turn into a kangaskan.

I have this weird glitch. (All true, really) I was playing my gold version, and all of a sudden, in the multiplayer lounge in the health places, the game froze. When I restarted, the Ho-HO on the title screen went from a shadow to it's color! (Before, it was dark, you couldn't see what it was, then it was visible!) When I went back to the MP, I had ro fight a guy with a butterfree that had it's health go accross the screen.

The title screen glitch happened to me after the game froze and I reset. It freezes a lot...
I think that's Missingno. Wow. This reminds me of all the hundreds of Bogus pokemon cheats that were all over the internet at the height of it's popularity.
Some bogus cheats include getting Mew instead of Mewtwo at the end for nicknaming your starter Mew. One even said you could get Yoshi instead of Mewtwo. If you think that's stupid... I even read one to replace Mewtwo with SPONGEBOB. Not only is that copyright-illogical, but Spongebob was invented in 1999, a year or so after pokemon was made. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:12:43 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 11:23:57 PM »
I just accomplished somthing really, really cool in Red! I caught a new Pokemon! I got a screenshot: http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3844/spongebob0wf.png

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 12:41:45 PM »
WOAH! Cool! And you even changed the font! HOW did you do that?!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 11:04:53 PM »
Well, the font changed after I caught a new evolution of Pikachu: 'Sometimesstupidbutsometimescutebutshockingandpowerfullittlemouserodentthingythatforsomereasonisyellowachu', and then- yeah, I'm going to go to a new city I found. There's also another Gym Leader! :)

And, I've beaten the Gym Leader as well! He's kind of easy, except he has a Mew... and I went up against him with a Level 99 Venomoth... I destroyed him. Here's the proof:
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9872/leadermario0eu.jpg
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:12:28 AM by Luigi Simpson »

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »
I'm a bt confused, partially because I own no Pokemon games. Isn't this the Game Help section of the Super Mario Games section? Or am I being too controlling here?
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 05:59:08 PM »
^You're right, how can anything non-Mario be in this section?
Though, I find some fake cheats to be hilarious, really (especially the one about Lickitung evolving into Luigi) :rotflmao

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 06:17:44 PM »
It doesn't have to be a Mario game. Most of the topics here end up being about Mario games because, well... It's a Mario forum. But people here play other video games too, so why not ask for help?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 07:42:20 PM »
The description for this section says "Stuck in a Mario game?" not "Stuck in any game?"
This section, as you should know (but I feel like having to remind people), falls under "Super Mario Games" category

Fungi Forums  |  Super Mario games  |  Game help

ottermi619,
Do I take things too literally? Or am I trying to stick with the guidelines?

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 07:48:13 PM »
There is a fun trick with MissingNo. Put a candy bar as your sixth item in your bag. See MN, then RUN. You shall see that you have way more candy bars then you did last time! Time to add EXP!! And wityh this trick, I hear that you can make level 100+ pokemon.
Anyway, if you DO catch missingno, it will turn into a kangaskan.

I have this weird glitch. (All true, really) I was playing my gold version, and all of a sudden, in the multiplayer lounge in the health places, the game froze. When I restarted, the Ho-HO on the title screen went from a shadow to it's color! (Before, it was dark, you couldn't see what it was, then it was visible!) When I went back to the MP, I had ro fight a guy with a butterfree that had it's health go accross the screen.

That's why all my Pokemon in Blue are level 100. It's the best glitch ever.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 07:56:47 PM »
^ I once had all L100 team (before I gave my games up to GameStop). I used MegaBrain to lower their EXP and level all the way down to L1, then raise levels the hard way (the way you're suppose to do it!)

Dude677- when you said "Candy Bar" did you mean "Rare Candy"?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:58:29 PM by ottermi619 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 08:07:16 PM »
Lower their levels? What?
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 05:05:57 PM »
I don't know, Bird Person, but I used to like Pokemon, and I read somewhere that there is a cheat to play Gold version on your Red/Blue version. (It's probably fake.) I really like the truck thing. Another thing, is it true that you can find a Goldeen w/ a truck key and then drive around in it? Nope, it must be fake, but its funny!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »
The truck is there, but it doesn't do anything. An alternative to "dying to get off the ship after you've got cut so the ship doesn't leave" is "trade a pokemon with cut so you don't have to get on the ship at all!"
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 05:51:29 PM »
What about Missingnos and M blocks? What are they for? I heard they were for tests to test the game's Pokemon encounters, which could explain the random Pokemon noises and evolving. Yes, it is Missingno. "M" block is the one with the M. I don't like the Snorlaxes at 150 something, because they can destroy me with one hyper beam. And, the lower the level of Missingno and M block, the stronger, especially at Lv. 0.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print