Print

Author Topic: SMW help NEEEEEDED! -- Forest Fortress!!!!!  (Read 7617 times)

« on: February 23, 2006, 10:57:09 PM »
Having trouble starting my own topic, so hopefully this will be moved to the top of the list if I just tack on to it...

This has been bothering me for awhile, and I'm hoping that you guys might have an answer.

In SMW for SNES.... When you get to the end of the Forest Fortress (the one with the rolling saw blades), you have the option of either going through the large red double doors and facing the Reznors... OR if you go up & overtop, it seems like you should be able to fly toanother hidden area. I've tried this 103464594507734783895 times and can never get past the fireballs/lava. Am I crazy for persuing this? Is there a way to get across/is there something there?!?? It seems like the creators never put anything in for no reason... There's usually something there if you can find it!

Hopefully someone can help me out & put my mind at ease, either way! Thanks!!!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 05:59:39 AM »
Yes, there is something across the lava. I can't remember what it was, but I'll check sometime.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 08:52:03 AM »
Yes, I know what it is. It's another area with 10 1-ups for your risky flying and a door that goes to the renzors.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »
What's really annoying is there's no mid point gate so you have to play through the entire level again if you fail.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 10:40:32 PM »
I have SMW for GBA, but I imagine it's not any different level-wise. I faced the Reznors, they're not all that hard. It gets very frusterating when you fail, but have patience. Now, I haven't played this for a while, but I remember what the Reznors(the rhino-like heads, right?) were. Do you not know how to defeat them?

And if you're having trouble with the lava, keep in mind to always have the cape with you. I'm sure you know this, but holding jump in the air makes you decend a lot slower. It's very helpful when crossing obstical pits.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »
Psst!  Highlight this sentence:  Try using the spin jump to fly across...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 07:38:44 PM »
Psst!  Highlight this sentence:  Try using the spin jump to fly across...

Yeah I tried that.

Needless to say it didn't work.

And the level is the same on both versions.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 06:19:27 PM »
If you can become good with flying with the cape, there are 6 or 7 1ups at the end of that area.

Now, if it wasn't for the fact that the timer is so low when you get there already..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »
It's 10 1-Ups. And the Reznors are awfully easy to beat, son I've never worried about the time.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 12:51:49 AM »
The part I love the most about trying to fly over that lava again and again is each time you go through the level, you get the opportunity to kill the Grinders by sliding into them down the little ramps.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 04:55:05 PM »
Here's an easy way: grap a cape and fly away.
Or, you can get a cape, spin jump and jump on the podoboos. It worked for me.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:44:05 AM »
The cape or the spin jump don't work on their own. Combined, however... ;)

Make sure you get a run-up first. Just do some trial-and-error to find the right jumping position and you'll be across in no time.
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

Wii

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 05:34:37 AM »
The cape or the spin jump don't work on their own. Combined, however... ;)
they do.
Am I the only one that can actually fly using the cape? I mean not just go up and drift back down slowly? Anyway, it is possible to get acroos without using any spin jump at all.

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 06:12:40 AM »
If you tap X while flying you can change the direction of your flying.
Just in case this helps.

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 10:07:56 PM »
It's easiest for me to just fly.  If you pull up at the right times you can fly in the space between the top of the podobos' paths and the ceiling.  Then the fireballs don't matter and the 1-ups are yours.

Print