Print

Author Topic: Mario Paint  (Read 2888 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:24:45 AM »
Ah, Mario Paint. That old 16-bit door to your own personal world of 16-bit creativity. You've gotta have something you didn't want to erase still in your cartridge... if not, this topic is mesmerizing you, isn't it... go draw something... make an animation... compose a little ditty... This topic is where you can brag about your Mario Paint creations. But please, no MS Paint... Mario Paint only. It can be from your SNES and TV, or emulated (clarity is nice, and TVs and digital cameras don't deliver it well... darn you, Suffix!!). I'll be using a ROM and ZSNES for clarity, and because my SNES mouse doesn't work...

Here's a little something I made to both start off the topic and encourage the creation of music as well as pictures and animations. There were two reasons I had to use non-Mario Paint programs to put this all together: putting it all together (it's a touch too long), and raising the pitch of the highest note (no flats or sharps in MPai). Airplane guitars and mushroom drums, yes!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
*Tsk tsk*
You used non-Mario Paint programs?  To change pitch?  That's not very much in the "Mario Paint" spirit, y'know.

Anyway, here's what was saved on mine:
http://www.geocities.com/f4fth/mpaint-fifth.mp3

It's just some random tune, and it ends kinda abruptly (as I ran out of space).
I have no idea when I made it.
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »
I know, it's weak to do that, but it was weaker getting that far and not being able to fit it on the scale.
I've made more without needing to do that again. Totaka's Song (Yeah, I know it's already in there) and a simplified rendition of the PM:TTYD Battle theme. The middle bugs me but that's as good as I could get it to be.
Edit: Because of constant badgering from Lizard Dude that using non-Mario Paint programs to work with the songs = fail, I present the unedited version of the Sound Stone song. I agree,  it's best to deal with Mario Paint's limitations but that's the defining chord of the song!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:16:27 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »
Much better, I barely even noticed the changed note because a few others are off, too. I especially like the drums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »
Thank you LD. Here's some more...

Edit: Hang on, I got a better idea from this post. I should just make a YTMND-like HTML file for animation-music combos. So, here it is.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:52:50 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Print