Yes.
11 (37.9%)
No.
13 (44.8%)
I'd have to think about it more.
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Do you believe in Mario?  (Read 32811 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »
We are in the known Universe in the milky way galaxy, somewhere in the 3rd dimension, located at planet Earth.

Do I need to get any more specific?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 11:32:44 PM »
What is "in the 3rd dimension" supposed to mean?
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »
Ah, the sense of numbered dimensions belongs to a different sort of reality. That is, if we only perceived three dimensions, we would be frozen, as we need four dimensions to get some frames in there. So, we have three dimensions (and more!), but we don't exist in "a third dimension."

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »
This makes me think of The Dark Tower with all its multiverse hopping. I do beleive that there are other worlds out there, but any like Marios? Not sure about that.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »
I used to believe in Mario, I think. One time I used a sink, and then later in the day I used it again, not noticing that I turned it on much lower. The water fell in a different place in relation to the drain than it did earlier, and I thought to myself as I went to bed, "Only a good plumber could have done something like that... a plumber like Mario!"

I think Mario may have been my imaginary friend for a while, also. I was a weird kid.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »
was a weird kid?

Although, I can't really blame you there.  Mario makes a better imaginary friend than any you see on Cartoon Network.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »
You remember Arthur on PBS?  He was my imaginary friend when I was 9.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 12:09:46 AM »
While I did imagine things for amusement very often as a little kid, I didn't really ever have an imaginary friend. It was usually me whacking things with a croquet mallet in the backyard, being Mario. And I'd get brittle rocks and smash them to pieces. It was supposed to be a Cleft.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 12:36:17 AM »
I never had an imaginary friend. I was from England.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 06:49:56 AM »
England itself is imaginary.

No, wait, that's New Zealand...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 10:42:13 AM »
"I'm from Detroit.  We don't find anything charming."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
This universe is just far to big and crazy not to believe in other dimensions. The fact of the matter is is that we don't know and we might never know. We're just a bunch of little people in a huge gigantic universe. It just seems extremely selfish and vain to say that we know what we really don't. I do realize my own hypocrisy when I say this, because I believe in other dimensions when others say it's wrong of me to claim that other dimensions exists because "I don't really know" or something like that. So I guess I don't really know if there's another dimension, or another Mario for that matter. But I choose to believe anyway because you either believe or you don't.

So I suppose somewhere out there, Mario could be floating around in space or saving the Mushroom Kingdom. I just don't know what to say. It's possible, but it's also not possible. Besides, a universe with just Earth and a few billion angry people is rather boring.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 08:53:15 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
You remember Arthur on PBS?  He was my imaginary friend when I was 9.

My imaginary friend was Blanky from The Brave Little Toaster.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
All you guys with an imaginary friend are strange.  I mean, if you are going to imagine a friend you should at least imagine several like I did. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »
Although I don't explicitly recall having an imaginary friend, I've been told I did for a brief period of time. Apparently, he/it was called *Long string of names starting with the letter "J"* Scarecrow Bubblegum. He lived in my closet.

...I think I just made myself LOL.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print