Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 165671 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #555 on: December 18, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
"Epic Mario?"

Has that game really done so well that the imitators are coming already?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #556 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
Because that looks so totally the same as Epic Mickey. Right.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »
Muramario.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »
Hey, that was on that one post of cool Mario wallpapers.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2009, 03:58:30 AM »
"Epic Mario?"

Has that game really done so well that the imitators are coming already?

No. Epic Mickey is imitating Super Mario Sunshine. Mickey has to clean up the world to save it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
Like I've said before, I'm waiting for a beautiful Mario game such as that wallpaper and maybe a true open-world, sandbox Mario game. You see it waaaay off in the distance? Well, you can go to it.

I like depth and realism. If you took Mario's world and put it in ours, that's how I've always imagined a Mario game. Like, hey, keep the oddly-shaped mountains and everything that makes a Mario world, well... a Mario world, but make it a bit more naturally occurring, I suppose, instead of feeling so robotic and planned out.

Haziness as objects get farther away from the player. ? Blocks lit up in All-Stars; their light should reflect off other blocks and maybe the ground. Happy clouds in the background could turn angry and develop into a storm. It could move from the background to foreground as the level progresses and add new gameplay twists (like the rain in the Pikmin Brawl level). If the rain couldn't be justified to be there just because it's cool, then it could affect levels in some way. It could be clear in one level, then a storm could move around similar to hammer bros. in Mario 3 or it could move across the world as a "front" of sorts. The storm could flood spiked pits/etc. out to let you swim to previously unaccessible areas and it could make vines and piranha plants grow bigger to find new places and present a bigger challenge.

Other levels should be visible in the background. Other sets of ? Blocks and enemies should be off in the background with hmm, maybe some of the colored blocks from Mario 3 or mountains from SMW, for example. Combine all elements from all Mario games (like World-e with the e-Reader levels) into one, beautiful package.

I could go on and on, but that's the Mario I'm after. Take that wallpaper I posted, combine those elements I just talked about above (plus a million more), then 100% orchestrated tracks from down the whole Mario line from SMB1 to NSMB Wii, blend it together nicely, and there ya go: my perfect Mario.

One last note: Please, please don't tell me: "OH, WELL, iTS ABOUT TEH GAMEPLAY. iT DUSNT NEED  2 BE PRiTTY AS LONG aZ THE GAEMPLAY iS GUD. i COULD GO WIT TEH N64 GRAFIX AS LONG AZ TEH GAMEEpLAY is GUD LoL"

That's bullcrap. Nintendo's had gameplay nailed for over 20 years. It's time to have beauty compliment gameplay. Some people think that if they focus on making the game pretty, then "OMFG THE GAEMPLAY WIL SUFFER!!!!" No, Nintendo's not stupid; I believe they can multi-task. I don't think focusing on making a game look great would make them be like, "durrr how do we maek teh gaemplay good. lol i forgotz"

I think that's one of Nintendo's issues. All they do is chant chant chant about gameplay and not worry about anything else while Nintendo fanboys just stand by it like it's the word of God. Yes, gameplay is very important; you can't sell a broken game, but you're Nintendo... I don't think that's a problem for you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:18:23 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »
Like I've been saying for years now, Miyamoto's insane. Also he makes up excuses.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »
Try telling that to the guys who defend Nintendo's decisions to the death.

« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
How about a Mario game that looks like this?
So much this.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »
Imagine this: Combined with that Mario wallpaper above, you hear an orchestra playing the Mario songs. I even have an idea:

For day time levels use something like this (loud and robust): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2QWwXFOsoI (The heavy brass at 1:04 is awesome.)

For night time levels use something like this (quiet and mellow): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmDKlxLmpvU

Imagine your favorite Mario 1, 2, 3, World, and NEW SMB songs orchestrated (Brawl's MIDI efforts don't count).

How friggin' awesome would that be...

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #565 on: December 20, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »
Very?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #566 on: December 21, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »
Agreed.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #567 on: December 21, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
I must say, the ending of World 4 took me by surprise.

With all these shout-outs and throwbacks, the only thing they could've done to make this game better would be bringing back the Cape Feather.  Well, that, and to not just have Mario gawk like an idiot whenever one of the Koopalings is escaping.

Also, this game isn't so hard with one player, apart from a handful of tricky Star Coins.  If I wasn't so occupied with those, then it would be pretty easy, actually.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #568 on: December 21, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »
I just got it 2 days ago. I'm on World 3 and played some World 4 (or 5?) levels cause I got the cannon in World 1. I didn't play it much, but the difficulty is a huge step from the DS version...which is good, cause I love the challenge that I rarely find.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #569 on: December 21, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
It is a step up in difficulty, but when you size it up, it's not a very big step at all considering NSMB DS was probably the easiest SMB platformer to date.

Print