Print

Author Topic: new here, but not new to mario  (Read 1939 times)

« on: April 28, 2003, 08:59:42 PM »
hi  every one  im new here and i have several questions
1. to  talk about video games do talk about it here or in general chat
2.whats your fav mario platformers

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 09:24:36 PM »
Hi! Welcome to the board, and we hope you stay for more than a day.
Anyway, the general idea is: If you want to talk about Mario games, talk about them here. If you want to talk about other games, talk about them in General Chat.

Hmm... I'd say that my favorite Mario platformers are SMB3, Yoshi's Island, SM64 and SMS.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 10:53:31 PM »
Ditto. Although the control ability is a bit frustrating in SM64. Okay, very, in certain places.

Anyway, welcome! ^_~

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 12:42:49 AM »
Do Yoshi games count as mario platformers?If they do,its yoshis story.If it dosent count,probably Luigis Mansion(I think thats a platformer)because im interested in all that ghost talk like ppl have seen ghosts & stuff...id like to see a ghost...

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 10:33:36 AM »
Yoshi's Story counts. I forgot about that game! So cute...! ^_^

Luigi's Mansion is an Adventure game, not a platformer. Platformers are games where you have to overcome obstables or "platforms" (heheh...) via jumping, manuvering, skills, etc. I consider SMS to be a platform/adventure, though. I dunno why Nintey just calls it a platformer.

Heheh...went off topic there; sorry.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 07:17:28 PM »
yoshi games do count, and so do wario games(even though i dont like them much)luigis mansion is a great game but not a platformer.
and most 3d platformers are adventure type games.
my fav mario platformers are, yoshis island, and sms.

Print