Print

Author Topic: Band Names  (Read 2925 times)

« on: May 31, 2003, 08:21:50 PM »
My friends and I are making a garage band and can't think of a name. Please make up band names and post them here. If I find one I like, I'll take it. REMEMBER: Don't use any band names that are already taken.

*spray paints on wall*
Mario and Luigi wuz here!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 09:49:51 PM »
I always liked names of inanimate objects:

Spork
Ball Peen
Door Nail
Sheet Rock
Ball Point Pens
Clothes Hangers
Door Knobs

You get the point.

When I was in college I wanted our band to be called "Dead Beat Dad" after I had saw a poster of a guy who was wanted for unpaid child support, but it never happend.

*spray paints over the "z" in
"wuz" and changes it an "r"*
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 09:57:48 PM »
Well, let me give you the advice I learned from an internet cartoon character:

There are two ways to name a band:

1: If you have a cool last name, you can use that.

2: If not, take an everyday word and intentionally misspell it. Like "Lazer" or "Limozine".

There you have it. Rock on.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 07:52:47 AM »
Steel Blimp  You know, like Led Zepplin!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2003, 07:50:44 PM »
Thanks for the names, but a little more would be nice. hint hint

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2003, 08:00:24 PM »
Try thinking of what you'd like to represent.

Don't look to me for help; I'm VERY careful and particular with naming. It takes a lot of thinking in order to come up with a PERFECT name for something. But once I do, I couldn't be happier with it. ...Has to be something of my own, too. (Like a title, a fictitious character, a name of a pet, art project, etc.

Just give it time and thought, and you'll think of the right name eventually. :)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 08:19:48 AM »
Thanks for the help, everyone, but I have decided that the perfect name for our band would be Triple Threat.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 07:06:18 PM »
Good, now that youve desided,I can tell the name of my band me and my friend have started. We call ourselves A,C and the adapters! my name is Andrew and his name is Caleb...so I took the initials and came up with that......

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 07:59:45 PM »
For MarioNut#1:

Kool name. Hey, I have a little problem. My band needs a set of drums and a bass guitar. We can't pay for them. What do we do?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2003, 08:09:06 PM »
-Have good connections (borrowing), or
-save up the money and wait

You can also rent them or do a monthly payment, if you have a *little* bit of money. Progress requires money, my friend. :P

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2003, 08:09:29 PM »
run a hoaky fun raiser...naw just kidding...you could do what I do. that is mow lawns. course you might not find little old ladies that will pay 20 bucks a lawn, but youll manage....

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2003, 08:45:42 PM »
O ya and look at garage sales, and pawn shops, they always have good deals on instruments...but buyer beware..things are not always what they seem...so you should check and try out the instruments that you plan to buy....

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2003, 01:18:44 PM »
The Flaming Shy Guys
Wario & the Spearheads

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Print