Print

Author Topic: Awesome Game Ideas  (Read 2593 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: May 29, 2004, 10:40:07 PM »
I know there's been a topic like this before, but I wanted to share a really cool idea I came up with while talking to someone recently... (Forgive the wacky capitilization and sentence fragments. This was copied and pasted from an AIM conversation, and I tend to write sentence fragments and such on there)

You know how some final bosses usually have like 5 different stages... Well, Make the final battle with Bowser the ways you defeated him in other games. Like, First phase,First could be battling him in his Koopa Clown Copter. From Super Mario World. Have one hit make him start throwing the Big Steelies out, Then the next make him go to the angry Copter thing where he tries squishing you, Then another, Make him fall out of the copter, Then, THen you could make him Do the Super Mario 64 thing, Throw him into the bombs on the field three times, then the next phase a fight where he jumps onto the floor, And you have to make him jump through the floor like in Super Mario Bros. 3 And then when he falls down into some dungoen or something, Make it like in original SMB, He's on the bridge You just need to run underneath him, Hit the axe and chop the rope down, He falls in the lava, You run in, But Peach isn't there..... All of a sudden... The castle starts crumbling. Bowser rises outta the lava huge like in Super Mario World 2!!! Then you need to throw.... I dunno, Koopa Shells at him. And then he will be finished. That will be the final phase.
HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?!

Every Mario fan would go loco over something like that, 'cause every Mario fan loves references to old games.

Actually, anyone who played Mario party 5 knows they had that exact idea of a 3-D version of fighting Bowser like in Super Mario Bros. 3

See, now if any of you have any cool ideas like that, go right on ahead and leave it here.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 11:22:09 PM »
I thought it would be cool where there were some levels that you HAD to be Mario or some where you HAD to be Luigi, or whatever characters you can be, and when you beat the game, you can unlock the levels that were for a certain character to be played with any other character.  So if Luigi could jump higher than Mario in this game, if he was in a "Mario" level, he could jump to a higher secret path that has a bunch of cool hidden junk.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 12:13:22 AM »
Nintendo should make a game in which you play as Bowser and your job is to take over the Mushroom Kingdom.  It could be an adventure game, or it could be like a real-time strategy game (deploy this many hammer brothers at this location, seige this castle with this many magikoopas, etc.), or some combination thereof.

And in the final stage you would have to kill the Mario brothers and take Princess Peach prisoner.  THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 12:41:32 AM »
Super Mario Bros. - From Bowser's point of view

Great game. Instead, you foil Mario's attempts at saving Peach.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 12:54:19 AM »
What if the game were reversable.  That is you could start out as either Mario or Bowser.

If you start as Bowser in part one you have to kidnap Peach and take over The Mushroom Kingdom then you play as Mario in part two and try to save the Kingdom and Peach.

If you start as Mario in part one you save the Kingdom and Peach from Bowser like normal, but then in part two play as Bowser and take it over again.

How easy or hard the second part is would depend on how you played the first part.  It could even be two player in that someone could do part one and someone else part two.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 12:47:58 PM »
How about an RTS game where you play as Bowser? Collecting resources, adding on rooms to your castle, and building up and army of goombas and koopas.

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.

Edited by - NintendoIke64 on 5/30/2004 11:48:28 AM
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »
I have a game idea I have been developing for a little more than a year now: It's entitled "Toad's Tremor-dous Exploit". In this game, Mario is captured by Shadow Mario, but this time, it's not Bowser Jr. Shadow Mario is also no longer equiped with the Magic Brush, but now a Lava Scepter. Toad is given a new invention called the BOOM! Box, which has the power to simulate the most powerful earthquakes, and sets off to rescue Mario from the new imposter.

The BOOM! Box has two basic moves: one shoots out earthquake vibrations and shatter objects, and the other can bounce Toad meters into the air. The BOOM! Box can be equiped with many different types of batteries, one battery enables a move which turns the BOOM! Box into a jackhammer to break away rocks. Here are the worlds I have already confirmed for the idea:

1.    Mushroom Kingdom
2.    Dusty Desert
3.    Mirror Land
4.    Enchanted Woods
5.    Jugem's Peak
6.    Poltergeist Plains
7.    Frosty Forest
8.    Hardware State
9.    Noko Sands
10.   Igneous Island

This idea is still in development, though. It is HUGE.

Friends? Heh, these are my only friends- grown-up nerds like Gore Vidal; and even he''s kissed more boys than I ever will.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 5/30/2004 4:37:28 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 08:54:14 PM »
Hmm... that Boom Box sounds like a spin-off of FLUDD.

And how on earth do you intend to put this idea up to creation?

Print