Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG 2  (Read 2119 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:19:33 AM »
This image may be fake, and some here may have seen it before.  Maybe this was planned for the SNES, but never completed.  Notice the 1999 copyright date.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 09:44:57 AM »
The map looks like the Mushroom Kingdom in Paper Mario.  This screen shot probably became Paper Mario.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 09:53:45 AM »
That would make sense since Paper Mario was made by Intelligent Systems, which is the developer credited at the bottom of that screenshot.

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 02:23:15 PM »
Yeah, Paper Mario, or "Mario Story," was originally hailed as a sort of "Super Mario RPG 2." I'm sure they just decided to change the name.

Interesting picture, though. Maybe they pulled a Doki Doki Panic on us...

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God."
Kickin' it since 2000.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 09:54:03 PM »
I grabbed that from an early preview video of Paper Mario.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 10:34:03 PM »
 Did you know, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, used to be Mario & Luigi RPG? Why cant Japan be more creative? (not to be insulting anyone in any way)

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 11:57:35 PM »
The Japanese title for Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga is Mario & Luigi RPG, I do believe. It was released in Japan after it was released in America.

It''s hard to make up your mind when you don’t have one.
That was a joke.

Print