Print

Author Topic: Toad  (Read 8368 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 03:23:54 AM »
*listens to Toad's SMBSS voice* Ow, brain hurting... I've heard a few gravelly voices before, and sometimes they can make that work (like Chris from Family Guy, or Fergy from Viva Pinata), but here Toad just sounds annoying with it. Reminds me of Know-It-All from "The Polar Express" (his voice matches his name), though I can't decide which voice is worse.

Toad's not as annoying in the games, but maybe that's because I don't hear him speak English as often. I never thought I'd say I longed for his Mario Kart 64 voice, but yeah. Let alone I always appreciated the Mario Kart 64 voice for his scream.

Funniest part of that SMBSS review is probably the Indiana Jones guy with no face. I was definitely not expecting that. Or "why was the snake shooting bullets?" Or Ganon teleporting everywhere for no reason.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 04:30:18 AM »
Snake shooting and Ganon teleporting are just trying to be accurate to what they do in the games.

Indiana Joe's face, however, is sheer hilarity.

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
Yeah, also, I find it weird how sometimes Yoshi says "WOAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" in a completely different voice. (See MKSC if you don't know what I'm talking about).

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »
Whoa, somebody tell that Nostalgia Critic that screaming at the top of your lungs, making stupid faces, and shouting immature second-grade vocabulary is NOT funny.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »
That might be why he doesn't do that stuff as often as he makes snarky remarks about the quality of whatever he's reviewing at the time.

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »
Yeah, also, I find it weird how sometimes Yoshi says "WOAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" in a completely different voice. (See MKSC if you don't know what I'm talking about).
I've heard that. Perhaps a different voice actor?

Print