Print

Author Topic: Please understand...  (Read 5636 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 17, 2004, 11:21:42 AM »
I am getting tired of reading all of these biased "Xbox sucks" comments at TMK Forums.

You people need to grow up and accept the fact that some people actually enjoy Xbox games! That's why for 2 years Xbox was outselling GameCube, because Microsoft knows how to market their games for teenage gamers (who are the majority of videogame players).

I'm not insulting Nintendo by any means, just please respect other people's decision to enjoy Xbox games. I have played Xbox before, I enjoy it. Sure it may not have the best games in the world, but the ones I have played are actually quite fun!

Here are a few Xbox games I have played:
Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
Amped Snowboarding
Tony Hawk's Underground
Need For Speed Underground
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

I realize most of these games are available on Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation systems, but they are still quite fun to play...no matter what system they're on!

Out of all the controllers I've used, I personally think the Xbox Controller S AND the GameCube controllers are the best ones! Both controllers are shaped very well to fit your hands, and the buttons and the Control Sticks respond very well. On both the Xbox and GameCube controllers, the buttons are easy to reach without cramping your fingers (*cough* PlayStation controller *cough*).

So don't immediately bash the Xbox just because it's a large system. The Super Nintendo was pretty heavy too, and nobody complained about that! Oh, and remember the original Game Boy? That was very large, and nobody complained about it!

A videogame system's size does not matter, it's the controller and games that count. Xbox may not have "Nintendo quality" games, but the games it does have are pretty interesting (for me, anyway).
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 11:31:09 AM »
You like the xbox controller? huh.
Well, I certainly hope somebody reads this.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 11:36:25 AM »
*hands Mario Maniac a Cough drop*
I'm waiting for Halo 2. I'd buy Halo for PC, but I'm afraid I haven't enough space on my computer for it.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 06:03:55 PM »
MM, isn't that excatly what you said on my "Xbox Insults" topic? Anyway, the Super Nintendo wasn't heavy at all. Second, Microsoft made a cheap rip-off of the Dreamcast controller. I'm not a Xbox fan, but I still like MechAssault. One reason, I bet, we hate Xbox is due to the violent gore games.

I HATE PS2. I LOVE Gamecube. I LOVE ALL OF NINTENDO

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 06:12:59 PM »
Create a new topic with copy and paste.

I told you I would shoot, but you didn`t believe me! WHY DIDN`T YOU BELIEVE ME?!!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 07:51:53 PM »
 Heh. Haven't I said similar things to you in the past?

If there's one thing I've learned from the many, many times that I've contested, it's that it's a waste of breath.

He that is born a fool is never cured.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 12:09:13 AM »
On the Fungi Forums, we say stuff for reasons, not because we're biased.
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 12:51:31 AM »
If only that were true.

At any rate:

"The Super Nintendo was pretty heavy too, and nobody complained about that!"
Yeah, oh, the SNES weighs about... 4 lbs and takes up half the space of an Xbox.

"Oh, and remember the original Game Boy? That was very large, and nobody complained about it!"
Would you complain about the first handheld game system?

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/20/2004 11:39:11 PM
That was a joke.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 02:01:34 AM »
I don't hate X-Box at all.  I think X-Box has numerous excellent games, and as a player of video games, I say, the more, the merrier.  I am mildly annoyed by X-Box because and only because that it is a competitor of Nintendo and thereby threatens Nintendo's existence, but I really don't think Nintendo is losing very much business to Microsoft at the moment, so it's easily forgivable.

This is not a signature.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 03:27:37 PM »
its size is just a complication, and something to make fun of it for. (for god sakes look how small the gamecube is) when i saw it it was commical,i thought it was a beta vcr. imagine using a hammer 3 times as big as it needs to be, the size is a joke.

let me explain what the problem is, xbox "big thing" was its the most powerful. and yet how come so many of the games are released and look identical on other systems? umm.. the xbox is doing nothing. microsoft dose NOT know how to make a home console, they LOSE money for everyone they sell. they were planning to make money off it from the games. (they lose around 60$ on each one btw)not only that but then microsoft goes out and bought licenses to games most people didnt care about. it got me VERY mad when i found out jsrf was only on xbox. i dont want to fork out 250$ for that garbage just to play one game i like with an inadiquate controller.

the console is a waste of time because most people had ps2s already (and most the games xbox worth playing are multi console releases) its a waste of money because its better for running linux on than playing xbox games. its a waste of effort because the controller was designed by a monkey. it was WAY too over hyped aswell.

it was just bill gates WEAK atempt to capatlize on another market. and trust me, im glad it failed and im glad he failed. he knew nothing about the console market and got a foot to the face for trying to assume he did. btw, whens the last time you played a microsoft pc game? (as in one made by microsoft) every decent rts and fps and mmorpg, NOT made by microsoft. they made a huge mistake.

(this is just my opinion, you can like it all you want)

Mario''s adventure is over for now, but
Mario''s dream lives forever...

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 03:35:32 PM »
sorry for the double post.

on what you said about the controllers, all controllers a shapped differently and depending on how you play youll get hand cramps and blah blah. as long as your not mashing you should be alright on any controller out there for a couple hours. the xbox controller has freaky psudo oval buttons, it has soft contacts that make buttons die faster and makes them less responsive. while most 3rd party controllers are horrible, id have to say i dislike xbox controllers the most.

i prefer joysticks over pads anyway, i only use pads when im forced to because of analog.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 03:56:46 PM »
I don't like X-Box, I don't support X-Box, but they do know how to market a game.

Join my forum today!

Gaming Palace

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 06:54:50 PM »
Mario Maniac you're wrong! You say X-box outsold GC for 2 years, But you would know that GC has been outselling Xbox for 2 whole years if you counted worldwide sales. Not everyone here lives in the US you know.

and Remember kids,don''''''''t call me gringo or f**kin beaner.
Arrgh, Go F*ck yourself
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 09:40:03 PM »
I hate XBox because its makers insulted Nintendo, saying that Nintendo is a childish piece of crap. *Seals Bill Gates into a wooden box and beats the box with a rubber hose* Darn it Microsoft I HATE YOU!!

I told you I would shoot, but you didn`t believe me! WHY DIDN`T YOU BELIEVE ME?!!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2004, 06:59:02 PM »
"Out of all the controllers I've used, I personally think the Xbox Controller S AND the GameCube controllers are the best ones! Both controllers are shaped very well to fit your hands, and the buttons and the Control Sticks respond very well."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't think so. The XBox controller is made for a giant and is basically a GCN, Dreamcast, and Genisis (I believe, ten million rows of buttons) bashed into one.

"On both the Xbox and GameCube controllers, the buttons are easy to reach without cramping your fingers (*cough* PlayStation controller *cough*)."

The Xbox buttons are hard to reach and there are too many and so close that you could press them all with the tip of your pinky. Basically, lots of space, too many buttons crammed instead of spread out evenly.

"So don't immediately bash the Xbox just because it's a large system."

Well, if it takes up my whole entertainment system if I were to have one, I would definitely bash it. Oh, and my entertainment system is realtivly large.

"The Super Nintendo was pretty heavy too, and nobody complained about that!"

Guess again.

"Oh, and remember the original Game Boy? That was very large, and nobody complained about it!"

Guess again for a second time. The GB was just rectangular making it looks a bit bigger, but it wasn't huge as you say.

You seem to be loving the Xbox although your name is Mario *Maniac.*

*Trainman punches someone* ItŒs your fault. You shouldnŒt have been sitting there.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print