Print

Author Topic: Chibi-Robo @ Wal-Mart: Why, God, Why?  (Read 3175 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:31:51 PM »
In case you haven't already caught wind of this tragedy, here's a sample link:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163422
Yeah, I read the explanation, and like everyone else, it's still unacceptable. Wal-Mart loves the environment? *Laughs out a lung* I know Nintendo is a corporation, and like all corporations, they make greedy moves every now and then, but this is a shock from a longtime fan.

Well, that, and the whole tree-hugger angle this game is pumping. When did Al Gore get a job at NoJ/A?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »
Looks like that trend from the 90's where making certain media only available from one place (Blockbuster back then) is making a comeback.

Besides, who doesn't shop at Wal Mart? Say what you will about them being an evil corporation (fueled by about every single cartoon aimed at adults), but they are everywhere and people still shop there.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »
Since when is Wal-Mart "environmental"? It draws in just as many gas-guzzling cars driven by careless Americans as any other store.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 08:50:34 PM »
It's not the first time.  Wal-Mart got exclusive e-Reader cards for SMA4:SMB3.  I'm still disappointed that Nintendo never release the series 3 and 4 cards.  The e-World was assume. 

Could this exclusivity say something about the games quality?  I know some poor quality and/or niche games have been GameStop exclusives.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »
It's not the first time.  Wal-Mart got exclusive e-Reader cards for SMA4:SMB3.  I'm still disappointed that Nintendo never release the series 3 and 4 cards.  The e-World was assume

Could you possibly mean awesome?

Typos aside, I am so sick of Walmart. If it wasn't for the fact that my fiancee gets a discount, I probably wouldn't shop there. The customers are rude, the workers are rude (well, the ones I worked with are nice, but that's probably because they know/knew me) and the store is almost always dirty (mud tracks all over the floor!)

I think I remember hearing that Walmart was running out of money, but I don't remember where..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »
Yes, I am the typo king, but it's mostly not actually typos.  I have a problem with words in my brain.  I just typed the wrong word for brain.  I also typed "wrond" instead of "wrong word".  Today in class I referred to something green as orange again.  I don't know why I say stuff like that because I know better.  Typos like the "assume" above (I just typed "before" instead of "above") would be easily corrected if I proof read my posts because I now (Edit: know) how to spell words like awesome.  It's just that I think one word and type another.  I also often type "I" instead of "An", and when I mean "I", I often leave off the next word when I type.  Oh well, I can't think.  I have the dumb.  Maybe it's actually because I think at a different rate then I type.  This might explain the fact (arrgh, typed "fast") that I leave off words (particularly negatives like "not") when I type/write.  I do a pretty horrible job talking too.  BTW, I have great respect for people who know multiple languages.  I only know one and do a good job at murdering it. 

Anyway, I need to check out some Chibi-Robo DS reviews.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:43:59 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »
I only know one and do a good job at murdering it. 

I think you do fine. I still understood you. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 09:04:38 AM »
That happens to me at times too, Luigison. I accidentally type "a" instead of "I". Then's there's times where I repeat a word or didn't type a word altogether. You'd think all these years of writing fanfiction would teach me.

And I agree. The e-World was great. I happen to have both series as well as Mario Party-e, all three Donkey Kong games and some Pokémon cards that were e-Reader compatible.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 12:02:38 PM »
Ah, yes. The Wal-Mart discussion in a game thread. It never fails to amuse me no matter what forum I go to. XD

I work at a Wal-Mart in Canada. The one problem I have is not rude costumers, but lost costumers, our Wal-Mart is currently in the final touches to becoming a super center, and people are very SLOW in figuring out where certain departments are.

I guess they hate change, oh well. I'll check out Chibi-Robo DS later this year (I'm getting Phantom Hourglass instead).
Canada, eh? '87

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
Customers?
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
People who go into a store to purchase things.

Are you enjoying working for Walmart? The Walmart that I worked at was a living **** (bunch of asteriks!) The CSM's were rude, the customers were rude, and breaks were either not on time or too early, so that you spent more time checking people out and listening to them yak on their cell phones (complaining about waiting in line) instead of being a good worker and standing there for two hours, listening to the constant beeping that was the cash register ringing up items.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »
I hate Wal-Mart too. The old one closed and they built a super center. I've been inside once and only once, because they were doing the midnight Wii release... and I got one of their second order from there, from the waiting list.
My parents used to buy stuff from there (like those frozen pasta-in-a-boxes), but then we went to the aptly-named WinCo for the first time. That place is incredible... you can fill a cart with the good stuff people with monocles buy, like wheat hot dog buns, and it comes out to eighty dollars. They can do that because no one fills your bags for you so that's a slew of people they don't have to pay... I'm fine with it, really. They sell chocolate for $2.50 a pound.
And we get non-edible items from Target, usually. I like Target; I will try to get a job there when I have my license. My mom's excited about discounts.

I wish the owners of our bowling alley could buy the old Wal-Mart building.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print