Print

Author Topic: Super Mario song lyrics  (Read 1939 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« on: June 22, 2001, 10:34:41 PM »
I'm not talking about Mario lyrics that've already been added to songs, such as the ending song to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, nor songs with lyrics that pertain to the Mario universe, e.g. Ignorance is Bliss, and the like.
I'm talking about actual in-game songs, that would otherwise just be a simple melody, to which players have added lyrics.  Perhaps just a random line or even just a word that always pops into your head during a certain part in the song, or perhaps something a bit more elaborate.  I'm sure there's at least one person here who knows what I'm talking about, but I'll give a few examples.

The underworld song in Super Mario Bros. 2:  I always hear the words "carbon dioxide" repeated in the short tune.  If you can bring up the tune in your mind, you'll see how it fits.

Mario 64, bob-omb battlefield, plus other levels:  just after the first melody repeats for the second time, there's a series of roughly descending notes.  I always add "We.. don't fight.. we just play nice.." and the part after usually copies it with "we don't fight, we don't fight, we play nice, we play nice."  I believe it has to do with the nonviolent pink bob-ombs, but I can't quite remember.

Paper Mario, Toad Town main song:  just a simple word is added to the two string notes that pop up occasionally.  Either "mel-low" or "mel-lon," depending.

You can probably understand what I mean by now.
Anybody else have any interesting "lyrics?"

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2001, 02:21:22 PM »
Your'e wierd, you know that?
"Now that's music to my ears!"
  -Ludwig van koopa

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2001, 03:02:36 PM »
I'm well aware.

Aid