Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 54568 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2008, 06:09:42 PM »
That Gamefaqs link...heh heh. That's me.

« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2008, 10:53:33 AM »
I'm happy that Falco returned, Toon Link also looks really cool.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »
^ Yeah, for me, I think I'll have Toon Link as my "main", as they call it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2008, 05:51:28 PM »
^ Yeah, for me, I think I'll have Toon Link as my "main", as they call it.

I think either Snake or Zero Suit Samus as my main
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
I'm glad Toon Link made it. He's every bit as important to The Legend of Zelda as the Link from Twilight Princess (possibly more important, as the same Link design was used in the Four Swords games and The Minish Cap). I personally enjoyed Twilight Princess more than The Wind Waker (which I only just recently beat), but both are great games.

The newcomer I'm looking forward to most is Wario. My main will most probably still be Ness, especially since I've noticed improvements on him here and there. My other main in Melee is currently Pikachu, but I'm hoping Yoshi's easier to use in Brawl.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
My main will most likely still be Yoshi, but just like in Melee, I change up my character frequently.

I've got a feeling Olimar will be frequently be used by myself. ^_^
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2008, 07:40:31 PM »
I'm keeping Marth as my main, but I'm eager to master Diddy Kong and Zero Suit Samus.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2008, 07:54:54 PM »
I'm most looking forward to Pokemon Trainer. I'm gonna try to main him. Also looking forward to Meta Knight, Olimar, and R.O.B. (change of heart, so sue me.)
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »
I hope to main Wolf, Luigi and Lucas, though it depends on how long it takes for Brawl to come here.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:47 AM »
Never heard "main" until reading threads on Smash Bros. Brawl. Maybe it's a popular term in threads about fighting games that I'm unaware of.

I'll main, from most important to least:

1. Wolf (he had me at *howl*. Seriously. He might even look better)
2. Falco (perfect in Melee. Want to see if he's as fast and nimble as before)
3. Lucario (I'm intrigued. Good-looking, might do kung fu stuff, could be floaty like Mewtwo)
4. Sheik (quick and nimble)
5. Ness (can't forget him. I like his floaty movement and PK Thunder)
6. King Dedede (I can't resist, I just have to see how intimidating he is as a fighter, see if the hammer knocks the stuffing out of everyone)
7. Ike (if he's the new Marth, then sure, why not)
8. Pit (given how much I loved Paratroopa in Mario Tennis for his floaty feeling, and how Ness in the Smash Bros. series is also floaty, maybe I'll like Pit who can actually fly)
9. Luigi (old favorite, although I always felt his attacks were weak. Spamming Down-A was my key to winning)
10. Link (old favorite, fast)

And for the record, I checked the statistics I had on Melee (last time I played the game was 5-6 years ago, youch). Says I played Roy most of all, and Falco second-most. Must be that I was exclusively playing Roy ever since I unlocked him early on (before, I was playing either Sheik or Marth), and that Falco was unlocked pretty late.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2008, 02:51:19 AM »
I actually hate that term, "main", pretty much because I really don't have one. Most of the time I played Melee I always switched up the characters I played as. I used Yoshi a lot, but I don't consider him my "main".

Even in college when I played in the gaming area, I chose tons of different characters, but I detested playing after awhile, because they worshipped the whole "no items Final Destination" rule.

I usually said after I was done playing "Good job guys, you really know how to make a great game suck royally." and hardly ever played afterward.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2008, 05:46:52 AM »
I don't get it, if people want fighting games on flat planes with no items, why don't they play Street Fighter II, Street Fighter 3, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, etc. because they are a lot better for that style of game play. I did have a friend who always used Falco and picked Final Destination, but he tolerated items, and I usually used Roy or Mario.

Also, why are people using spoiler tags in a topic titled SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]? There's enough of a warning in the title, I think.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »
because they worshipped the whole "no items Final Destination" rule.

I usually said after I was done playing "Good job guys, you really know how to make a great game suck royally." and hardly ever played afterward.
I don't think I've ever had items on whenever I played melee. And I always picked final destination because all the other courses seemed to have these "random hazards." Like in "Mushroom Kingdom - Rainbow Cruise" You focus too much on trying to stay on course rather than fighting.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
If you're in a tournament, turning items off and playing on Final Destination makes sense. If you're playing just to enjoy it, why ignore all the good stuff in the game?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print