Print

Author Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards!  (Read 30676 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »
Speaking of prizes, that awesome 3DS/DS game holder LD mentioned a while back is back. I have enough Coins, and wasn't saving for anything huge (maybe the Hanafuda cards..eventually) but I like having places to keep my games more than having more playing cards (even though the cards are really cool).

I have now ordered enough so that I can have each artwork showing. 

Edit:  Added Toad's quote since this is a new page. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »
EDIT: After registering my games en masse, I'm up to 1020 Coins with Platinum status. Does that qualify me for the Mario badge set, or for the next reward? Is there a certain time at which new prizes are announced? If so, I might hold on to my Coins.
Elite status is based on the number of coins you earn in the year, whether you spend them or not, if that's what you're worried about.

I was afraid I wasn't going to make Platinum this year, but turns out I'd forgotten to register Diddy Kong Racing, Personal Trainer: Cooking, and HeartGold back when I got them, so between those coins, those surveys, and a couple surveys I still had kicking around, I'll just make it, without even having to buy all the DSiWare clocks at the last minute.

(I also forgot to register Meteos and Mario Hoops, but those don't count apparently. And the games I have that I forgot to register that would count (Mario Kart DS and Yoshi's Island DS), I don't know what I did with the codes from them. And I also lost the codes for Partners in Time and Super Princess Peach, which also wouldn't count, even though Super Princess Peach is in this picture on the site and should totally count.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:51:18 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Weegee, you'll qualify for the new set of Gold and Platinum rewards when they're announced, not the current set of rewards. And prizes change all the time.

Right then, thanks. Since my account info says I won't lose any Coins at the month's end, I think I'll hold on to them... Although, those Hanafuda cards are mighty tempting...

By the way, should I feel bad for looking for a Club Nintendo code generator?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »
I made it to Platinum with everything I got this year and last year. I hope the reward is something nice... I am neither a pin guy nor a slap-SMB1-sprites-on-everything-in-sight guy so I have no regrets regarding last year. I probably will register everything next year though, considering the Wii U. It'll depend on how many games I'll get.

Wee G, I feel bad having simply having registered Kirby's Epic Yarn using a slip Jim and I found in a rental copy and giving it a half-assed survey. Besides that one, I put my best effort into the surveys and review them properly. I feel like Nintendo actually does want to know what we players think, all over the world. So I feel obligated to do my part in the seller-buyer relationship and do it right. Except, you know, when I pirate DS games. Hurrr.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:27:10 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »
Yeah, I hope to God this year's Platinum reward is good. My game intake has slowed to a trickle as of late; not counting DSiWare, I haven't bought a proper game since Skyward Sword.

Whose job do you suppose it is to read all the surveys? Is that all they do? Is it bad that I make reference to some games being as tedious and unrewarding as reading surveys like this one all day?

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »
Check your email, y'all.

I'm going with the playing cards. They're ugly as sin, but more collectible than the posters. Who in their right mind would spend their Coins on VC games?

EDIT: Even though I got the congratulatory email, Club Nintendo says I'm not eligible for the platinum reward. What gives?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:02:41 PM by Weegee »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
It's been glitchy lately. When I redeemed my reward, it was only offering the cards and the calendar.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »
Huh. Maybe the server is overloaded. It took a long time for me to sign in.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:33:51 AM by Sapphira »

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
If all you're seeing is the cards or the calendar, close your browser and login in to CN again. That's what worked for me.

I ordered the cards. I haven't seen a set of Mario playing cards anywhere else, and I can always use the coins to get the games. The rest of the awards were kinda lame this year..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »
I consulted my brother about it yesterday, and he went with the cards; I wanted them as well, so everything worked out for us. I have to agree with the other choices, although I was almost tempted with the Metroid game. Still, I figured I'd rather get something exclusive to platinum status since I'd never get to see some of the other stuff. Better than last year, if you ask me.

My second choice would've been the poster series.
I'm a horrible person.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 10:47:25 AM »
They're ugly as sin, but more collectible than the posters.
You know what's not ugly as sin? The posters. I really don't care about "collectibility"; I'd rather have posters that look nice on my wall than cards that look like crap (and that I'd never use) on my shelf.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »

You guys have no taste. The cards look amazing.

The posters are nice too, though, especially since the titles are relatively small and there's no ESRB ratings on them cluttering them up. Good thing my brother also got Platinum.

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
What am I doing wrong?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »
If you had elite status before the deadline (I assume you did based on your coin total and what's needed to get gold in 2013) I suggest contacting Nintendo ASAP.  I had errors with Club Nintendo on Chrome so I switched to IE and it worked fine for me, but your problem seems to be from Nintendo's side. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
I tried using IE as well; no luck. Tech support forwarded the issue to "Administration", who will apparently override the system to send the gift if necessary.

Print