Poll

Are you for or against gay marriage?

For
27 (67.5%)
Against
13 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Print

Author Topic: For or Against?  (Read 57762 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »
Sounds like the newest Bible entry to me.

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:23 AM »
Sounds actually pretty smart, to me.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2006, 01:44:29 PM »
Sounds pretty sarcastic to me, the second paragraph, anyway. (At least I hope so. :P )
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2006, 02:59:25 PM »
Interesting, but it couldn't work with the Christian God. He destroyed Sadom and Gamora precicely becasue of homosexual actions, among other things.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2006, 03:17:33 PM »
... precicely becasue of homosexual actions, among other things.
Which is it?  "Precicely" homosexual, or "other things"?  Or both?  Didn't they then have incest?  Sorry, I don't remember the entire story and don't have time to look it up now.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »
What about Jonathan and that other guy?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »
I think the key reason Sodom was destroyed was because it was homosexual rape that was happening frequently.

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2006, 05:53:25 AM »
Back then, the Earth's population was much smaller. We still needed to grow. Now, we are too many and homosexuality is essential so God lets it flourish.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2006, 09:51:15 AM »
Back then, the Earth's population was much smaller. We still needed to grow. Now, we are too many and homosexuality is essential so God lets it flourish.
I love how you are speaking for God.  I can do it to:

Back then, the Earth's population was much smaller. We still needed to grow. Now, we are too many and war is essential so God lets it flourish.
Back then, the Earth's population was much smaller. We still needed to grow. Now, we are too many and AIDS is essential so God lets it flourish.
Back then, the Earth's population was much smaller. We still needed to grow. Now, we are too many and abortion is essential so God lets it flourish.

Would any of those work too?  I guess you could use "so God lets if flourish" with almost anything.  It wouldn't necessarily make it true though.  Maybe there should have been a </sarcasm> tag somewhere.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2006, 06:40:58 PM »
I just remembered why I don't believe in religeon.

TEM

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2006, 06:44:47 PM »
Please share.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2006, 07:18:51 PM »
Homosexual people have gotten married and had kids before they realized that they were gay, or at least before they admit it.

Also, abortion is a choice, unlike homosexuality and AIDS.  I guess war isn't much of a choice for most, or at least death by war may have nothing to do with whether you want war or not.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2006, 08:27:06 PM »
I don't believe in religeon either!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2006, 11:40:09 PM »
I don't believe in religeon either!

Pedant.

Anyways, I think the point is that, if God really does exist, no one has the authority to claim that "they know what God wants humanity to do" because it's quite impossible to know exactly what God wants us to do.

Then again, I don't believe in God, so... ya. Maybe my view on this is skewed a bit.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2006, 09:30:18 PM »
Nah, I think that's pretty much right. It's what I've always thought, anyway.
That was a joke.

Print